Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Seaside Home: Could Schwartz or Lawende Have Put the Ripper's Neck in a Noose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerryd
    replied
    FYI Regarding Joseph Lawende and Joseph Hyam Levy.

In 1890, Joseph Lawende and Detective Constable Daniel Halse were neighbors living on Norfolk-road, Dalston. Lawende at #45 and Halse at #29.
    In 1899, Joseph Hyam Levy and Joseph Lavender (Lawende) lived on Mildmay Road. Lawende at #124 and Levy at #140.

If coincidences mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• jerryd
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Are you saying that you think there is some connection between that murder and the Whitechapel Murders?
    I'd rather not sidetrack this thread. There are many threads on both forums regarding that case. Many I have been involved on. I can point you to those if you like? The short answer is, I think there is a possibility, yes.

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by jerryd View Post

Swanson concluded he wasn't involved in the case at hand in Sept. of 1889, which was the Pinchin Torso case. That leaves us with John Arnold making a lucky prediction at finding the body in Back-church Lane. To me, it's hard to swallow that conclusion.
    Sorry, but although I have heard of that murder, and read something about it, I am not familiar with the details.

I will do some more reading.

Are you saying that you think there is some connection between that murder and the Whitechapel Murders?

Leave a comment:

• jerryd
    replied
    Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

Yes.

I can see that description was published by The Leeds Mercury on Thursday, September 12, 1889.

i have also read that Swanson interviewed him, presumably without result?​
    Swanson concluded he wasn't involved in the case at hand in Sept. of 1889, which was the Pinchin Torso case. That leaves us with John Arnold making a lucky prediction at finding the body in Back-church Lane. To me, it's hard to swallow that conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1
    replied
    Originally posted by jerryd View Post

Could be PI. Could also be the supposed "Dodger" a.k.a the rippers accomplice, John Arnold. Here is his description:

He was a young man, apparently between twenty-five and twenty-eight years of age. He was short, his height being about 5 ft. 4in. He was of medium build, and weighed about 140 lb. He was light-complexioned, had a small fair moustache and blue eyes. On his left cheek was an inflamed spot, which looked as if a boil had lately been there and was healing. He wore a dark coat and waistcoat. His shirt was not seen, the space at the throat being covered by a dirty white handkerchief tied about his neck. His trousers were dark velveteen, so soiled at the knees as to indicate that he blacked shoes. His hat was a round, black, stiff felt. He walked with a shuffle and spoke in the usual fashion of the developing citizens of Whitechapel, whom, in all respects, he resembled.

Yes.

I can see that description was published by The Leeds Mercury on Thursday, September 12, 1889.

i have also read that Swanson interviewed him, presumably without result?​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X