Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 'final solution' holy grail for the JTR murders out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APerno View Post

Does the book address the events of the Second Boer War?
    Indeed it does.

It seems controversy followed the man about.
    Indeed it did!
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

APerno, I feel that the only way this case will finally be solved is when and, if they ever find some of the stolen/missing Police files or documents. I find it hard to believe the Police didn't know who JTR was. Ok, a lot of the documents may have been destroyed during the War but, so many had gone missing, taken as souvenirs possibly? Just seems funny how quickly the Police "stood down" after the last murder, of course there are many reasons why this may have happened but.....
      And, if they do know - what's the big secret, would it really be the end of the country, the Monarchy? There is a certain amount of BS from the powers that be. My theory is even whackier than most, it was a surgeon from the Zulu wars, seeing terrible atrocities such as the slaughter of British troops at, for instance, Isandlwana, he suffered PTSD and went crazy, picked an easy target, one that he could easily overpower and not fear them stuffing him, if say he was a Mason, possibly also Knighted for his services, who knows? Make what you will of that

Comment

Reading the posts on The diary, old hoax or new? thread got me thinking whimsically:

Is there a final solution holy grail for the JTR murders out there, that can be found?

Is there any one piece of evidence that can be discovered today that would create an absolute answer to the JTR enigma?

No doubt the obvious answer is a diary or journal but it is hard to believe the killer would be so generous as to give us such an easy answer.

Putting aside the slam-dunk proof of a (an unlikely) diary or written confession coming to light, is there anything else that could be discovered today that could create a final solution?

I tried to conjure one up, this is the best I could do, and it's kind of silly:

Imagine a housing project demolition revealing, hidden in a wall, a steel locked box. In the box is a dried uterus and two brass rings. Next to the box is found a classic leather hog butcher's sheath containing work knives. A census lists the resident, at the time of the murders, as [insert name here]. [insert name here] then appears on a subsequent year's asylum roll, 1890, with an entrance date of late November 1888. [insert name here] dies in asylum in 1896, never having been released.

Is that enough? Would that end the controversy?

Is there any piece of evidence or preponderance of evidence, that can ever close this case?

Is there any longer a possible final solution to the Ripper murders, or has this become an endless game of right brain solitaire like Myst?

IMO we're not going to get a written confession; that's wishful thinking, and that hope only sets us up for more hoax diaries; so is there any other possibility we can hope for.
        Perhaps we already have it, 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth' as they say. The problem is that too many people readily dismiss it without having read it, let alone looked closely at it. There is so much subtle information in there, far too much to have been compiled by a hoaxer.
        ‘There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact’ Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You are quite right.

All the information required is already out there.
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1n View Post
            I find it hard to believe the Police didn't know who JTR was. Ok, a lot of the documents may have been destroyed during the War but, so many had gone missing, taken as souvenirs possibly? Just seems funny how quickly the Police "stood down" after the last murder, of course there are many reasons why this may have happened but.....
            I don't think your idea of JTR is whacky at all.

Some thoughts in response to your post #17:

I'm firmly of the belief that JTR's identity was known at the time. It's almost certain that info is known, to certain parties. today.
            Which begs the question why is his identity still being kept a secret?

Martyn
            Last edited by mpriestnall; 07-30-2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Martyn,

Here's my five penn'orth—

JtR identity — don't even bother trying. Definitely nobody thus far named.
              MJK identity — possible, if we stop kidding ourselves the victim was a girl from Limerick.
              Links between JtR and any victims — none direct.
              Motive — certainly not money, probably political.
              Did anyone else have knowledge of the murders at the time — yes, those in authority.

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

I saw that one - a bit steep! However, there are other ebook versions available for $9.99 at the link below. I'd not heard about Smashwords before, but it's evidently a genuine company for authors to self-publish their books.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14353
                Cheers Sam
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Reading the posts on The diary, old hoax or new? thread got me thinking whimsically:

Is there a final solution holy grail for the JTR murders out there, that can be found?
                  No. It will never be possible to gain consensus so we will never have a final solution. David Orsam and many others will immediately decry it as a hoax regardless of its apparent veracity.

Final solutions are for the subset not the set, sadly ...
                  Iconoclast
                  Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

This may upset some people but the reason I feel it will now never be solved is because we are now wasting too much time arguing on redundant or silly theories. Look at the recent threads. Heated discussions on what is an obvious fake IE The Diary, and someone on another thread championing the quite ridiculous Gull/Freemason etc theory. Unfortunately, I feel if the case would have been solved, or made a lot clearer it would have been in the fifties or sixties, certainly more so after the discovery of the Mac memo. Trouble is there wasn't the internet or enough people of the calibre of a lot of posters on here [who are certainly more dedicated to the case than me], who investigated the crimes back then, [apologies to the ones who did have a genuine interest in trying to solve it back then]. And of course come the seventies the whole case was bowled a googly by the utterly regretful royalist Prince Eddy conspiracy. As the case ever truly recovered?
                    Regards Darryl

Comment

Vis-a-vis the Maybrick diary.

I've read a fair few threads on the diary but I don't hold any store in it at all and generally just try to ignore it.

However, the following question has occurred to me:

Has any known serial killer ever written a confessional diary, that's come into the public domain, a-la the Maybrick diary?

Or is the Maybrick diary, itself, a one-off?

Martyn
                      Last edited by mpriestnall; 07-30-2019, 08:46 PM. Reason: Changed dairy to diary lol!

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                        Vis-a-vis the Maybrick diary.

I've read a fair few threads on the diary but I don't hold any store in it at all and generally just try to ignore it.

However, the following question has occurred to me:

Has any known serial killer ever written a confessional diary, that's come into the public domain, a-la the Maybrick diary?

Or is the Maybrick diary, itself, a one-off?

Martyn
                        You made me go look and I wish you hadn't. -- It seems teenage (psychopathic) girls do:

Pearl Moen was 17-years-old when she attacked a nurse sitting on the pavement and stabbed her 21 times. She then took to her diary to write about how thrilling and fun the experience was for her. While her victim survived the horrific attack, Moen remained on the run for three months before law enforcement finally caught up with her. When her bedroom was searched and officers found her diary, there was no question that it was she who committed the brutal and vicious attack.

I stabbed an innocent woman to death earlier today. (Technically yesterday since it’s 1 am). It was absolutely fantastic. Murder gives me a high unlike any other. It feels like this crisp unreality, flashing and sparkling, adrenaline and shock. Fight or flight mode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyssa was 15-years-old when she killed her next door neighbor, 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten back in 2009. The violent crime that shocked America (mainly because of Alyssa's young age) took place in Missouri. During the trial, Alyssa's diary entry right after she killed the 9-year-old was presented as evidence against her.

I just f***ing killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead. I don't know how to feel ATM [at the moment]. It was amazing. As soon as you get over the 'ohmygawd I can't do this' feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now...lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not serials of course but one gets the feeling, not caught they both would have been; girls and their diaries, what ya gonna do?

Comment

APeron, sorry to send you on that little journey and thanks for sharing (I think).

Martyn

Comment

There are so many lost materials that I'd love to see. There must exist a photo of MJK after they reconstructed what was left of her. And what about Rose Mylett's photograph? Have these been lost to the annals of time or are they in somebody's collection?

Comment

There might be a final solution but who would even believe it.

Comment

I can recall from many moons ago one researcher believing that he’d found a photograph of Kosminski. Turned out that he hadn’t though. The Chapman photo surfaced so I guess that it’s not impossible that photos of the other victims in life exist somewhere. I’ve always though it tantalising that, amongst someone’s collection of old photographs, they might be looking at a photograph of Mary Nichols or Martha Tabram without knowing it.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X