Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of a man was JTR?

What kind of a man was JTR?

We're aware of what he did of course, but looking closer at what kind of man he was is also an important aspect to consider.

It's a subjective question and open to varying opinion; the psychopath, the psychotic, the insane, the schizophrenic, Multi personality disorder...the list goes on... but which relates to JTR?

A loner, a family man, a gentleman, a pauper - which of these apply?

If we use his crimes as a reflection of him as a man, what do they really tell us about him?

DId he wear a mask like let's say, a Lechmere would? Or was he openly deranged like a Kosminski?

Professionals from different fields will argue their case and use statistics to state their opinions, but what is the best way to really assess this in the correct way?

We need an open mind

Thoughts please?

TRD
    "Great minds, don't think alike"

A very disturbed man; deep down a troubled, overwhelmingly hurt young boy. I dread to think of his childhood nightmares - and those just the ones when he was asleep. He was very tortured, sexually dissatisfied and probably had his murder-mutilation fantasies from a young age. He probably was not outwardly abnormal as many serial killers and could hide behind Victorian misogyny easily. I'm not sure he was born an anti-social personality but probably made; G-d only knows what went on in the slum he likely grew in and what horrors he'd already witnessed.

Whatever caused him such deep, deep anger, bitterness and spite had been hammered into him early and probably meshed with what he saw around him; that is, the vile reality of slum London. Could probably read and write to a degree, but likely worked manual drops around Whitechapel, going hither to thither and never finding any true satisfaction. If he ever lost his virginity it was likely at an early age, comparatively speaking to modern day, and found it dissatisfying as he only appears to get off on murder-mutilation than intimate romantic sexual contact of a healthy nature. He seemed both disgusted and fascinated by female anatomy; as though it were something both scared and profane at the same time. He wanted it in the only way he knew how - violently, tearing it out, womb first.

Very rich fantasy life, keeps to himself, possibly writes his fantasies or acts them out somehow. So he probably lived alone, people probably thought he was odd or aloof but not sinister; likely came acorss as genial, at least among men, and drank and smoked with the rest of them. There were many odd types in Whitechapel at that time, so he wouldn't have been particularly standout. Maybe a small time criminal, very likely in that area; a thief, a swindler, but does what he says he will. Poor impulse control, a risktaker; maybe even a damn fool.

Who knows?
    A game of Monopoly between Stalin, Churchill, Hitler and Truman.

Comment

In a twisted way, I admire him. He knew what he wanted, and he took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        In a twisted way, I admire him. He knew what he wanted, and he took it.
        I'm afraid I can't find anything, no matter how twisted, to admire in somebody who did what he did...sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

I'm afraid I can't find anything, no matter how twisted, to admire in somebody who did what he did...sorry...
          No one asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

Eluded the police force of the greatest Empire in the world, made them look like bumbling incompetents, performed the murders with daring aplomb, sent shockwaves throughout the world, immortalized his gruesome work in the history books, took his secrets to the grave, and unwittingly brought social reform to the area. Sorry but yeah.

Comment

I'll reserve my admiration and respect for the ordinary decent people who strove to survive amidst all the **** piled upon them.

Comment

I can't find fault with Dr. Bond's profile of the killer.

The murderer must have been a man of physical strength and of great coolness and daring. There is no evidence that he had an accomplice.....

The murderer in external appearance is quite likely to be a quiet inoffensive looking man probably middle aged and neatly and respectably dressed. I think he must be in the habit of wearing a cloak or overcoat or he could hardly have escaped notice in the streets if the blood on his hands or clothes were visible.

…..he would probably be solitary and eccentric in his habits, also he is most likely to be a man without regular occupation, but with some small income or pension. He is possibly living among respectable person's who have some knowledge of his character and habits and who may have grounds for suspicion that he is not quite right in his mind at times.”

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
                  What kind of a man was JTR?

We're aware of what he did of course, but looking closer at what kind of man he was is also an important aspect to consider.

It's a subjective question and open to varying opinion; the psychopath, the psychotic, the insane, the schizophrenic, Multi personality disorder...the list goes on... but which relates to JTR?

A loner, a family man, a gentleman, a pauper - which of these apply?

If we use his crimes as a reflection of him as a man, what do they really tell us about him?

DId he wear a mask like let's say, a Lechmere would? Or was he openly deranged like a Kosminski?

Professionals from different fields will argue their case and use statistics to state their opinions, but what is the best way to really assess this in the correct way?

We need an open mind

Thoughts please?

TRD
                  Aged 28-43
                  Below average height
                  Stout, powerfully built
                  Light brown/ ginger hair
                  fair skinned
                  mustache
                  Local, lived in immediate area
                  Walked when committing murders, possible use of cart
                  English
                  Gentile
                  disliked jews
                  Steady work, probably involving manuel labor
                  Lower class but not poor
                  public education
                  Had own place, though modest
                  Frequented pubs and drinker
                  Single or dominated wife
                  Knew prostitues and socialized with
                  Had problems having sex
                  Former military and or navy/ sailor
                  Very familiar with knife
                  Accustomed to carrying knife before murder spree
                  Appears very cocky to people
                  Thinks he is smarter than anyone else
                  Kind of a loner
                  Self assured
                  Cunning
                  above average intelligence
                  Experience cutting up animals
                  Probable anatomical knowledge, possible medical/surgical experience
                  NO or very light criminal record
                  No overt mental illness
                  Read newspapers
                  Main motivation-Fascinated with the female body and what his knife could do to it
                  Possible masterbation and or cannibalism with trophies/ parts
                  Secondary motivation-Enjoyed shocking / toying with the public
                  Looked down on police
                  No interest in torture, all interest post mortem
                  Curiosity big factor in motivation
                  Obvious sociopath-no empathy
                  Last edited by Abby Normal; 07-01-2019, 11:52 PM.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

^^^
                    "Possible use of cart"? There's nothing in the evidence that suggests that he needed, or used, a cart.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Someone with a real hatred of women allowing themselves to be accosted, that triggered him off. I would say either a mother/girlfriend/Wife, previously had turned to prostitution.
                      Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        ^^^
                        "Possible use of cart"? There's nothing in the evidence that suggests that he needed, or used, a cart.
                        I think if one believes JtR to be the Torso Killer too, there is. I seem to recall police theorizing that a cart was used to transport the Pinchin body? I could be wrong.

Anyway, I think it’s wrong but Abby seems to be of the Torsoripper persuasion, so that’s maybe why the cart was involved.

I’d question the military line but I suspect it’s to do with throatcutting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post

I think if one believes JtR to be the Torso Killer too, there is.
                          But that would be to put the cart before the horse, so to speak. We don't even know that there was one Torso Killer, never mind that the Torso Murders were the work of the Ripper. As for the canonical Ripper murders, and all but one of the non-canonicals for that matter, there is no reason to suppose that a cart was either needed or used.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            But that would be to put the cart before the horse, so to speak. We don't even know that there was one Torso Killer, never mind that the Torso Murders were the work of the Ripper. As for the canonical Ripper murders, and all but one of the non-canonicals for that matter, there is no reason to suppose that a cart was either needed or used.
                            I agree, but any characteristic is dependent on how one views the crimes. If one believes the GSG is from the killer, or some of the letters, that influences what kind of man one thinks he was.

Comment

Hi Abby

Sorry, not nitpicking but I thought someone without empathy is trait of a psychopath rather than a sociopath?

Or is it a trait of both?

Otherwise I agree with most of your points.

Martyn

Comment

Working...
                              X