NoJak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoJak

Hypothesis: There was no Serial Killer murdering women in Whitechapel, London in 1888. Whether nicknamed Jack the Ripper or not doesn't matter. Was there a serial murderer?
    NO there was no serial killer
    10.00%
    YES there was a serial killer
    90.00%
    Sink the Bismark

Early results show them running neck and neck but this poll will stay open to infinity and beyond. So jump in!

Remember you vote is anonymous. Just like the real thing.

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

Comment

Just checking Roy. Do you have to be bald to vote on a Nojak thread?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Of course not.

Throat slicing & ritual disembowelment is just part and parcel of living in a big city.

Comment

Not only was there one.....there were at least 2 as far as I can see. Maybe more. Jack does 5 of the Unsolved File, Torso man does 2...so who does the remaining victims? Could multiples be by one man? Sure.
          Michael Richards

Comment

14% is higher than I expected.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              14% is higher than I expected.
              It's still a pretty small sample size, Herlock. At time of writing, that 14% might represent the only two people here who don't believe there was an SK at work!
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

It's still a pretty small sample size, Herlock. At time of writing, that 14% might represent the only two people here who don't believe there was an SK at work!
                True of course Sam.

Has David Icke voted yet?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I voted Yes for a serial killer. I have my own candidate, doh!

However, I still think the police/politicians knew more about the murders than they admitted and may have distorted the public
                  conception of them, perhaps using the newspapers to do so.

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                    Early results show them running neck and neck but this poll will stay open to infinity and beyond. So jump in!

Remember you vote is anonymous. Just like the real thing.

Roy
                    I voted YES. But, if the NO`s win can we have a second, People`s Vote ? Just like the real thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

I voted YES. But, if the NO`s win can we have a second, People`s Vote ? Just like the real thing.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I'm afraid not, Jon. NoJack means NoJack. It doesn't, for instance, mean "perhaps Jack". Importantly, a second referendum, in these circumstances, would clearly be an absolute betrayal of the expressed will of the Caaebook fraternity. Neither would it be democratic. As a general rule, people are not allowed to change their minds in a democracy. It just isn't cricket. However, if the "Yes" vote is successful then, of course, a second People's vote would be acceptable, probably even desirable, especially as there is clear precedent to allow a second vote in these circumstances, i.e. second referendum on Scottish independence, second referendum on Brexit, following defeats for these proposals in the mid 70's.

I hope this clears up any confusion regarding the matter.
                        Last edited by John G; 06-14-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post

I'm afraid not, Jon. NoJack means NoJack. It doesn't, for instance, mean "perhaps Jack". Importantly, a second referendum, in these circumstances, would clearly be an absolute betrayal of the expressed will of the Caaebook fraternity. Neither would it be democratic. As a general rule, people are not allowed to change their minds in a democracy. It just isn't cricket. However, if the "Yes" vote is successful then, of course, a second People's vote would be acceptable, probably even desirable, especially as there is clear precedent to allow a second vote in these circumstances, i.e. second referendum on Scottish independence, second referendum on Brexit, following defeats for these proposals in the mid 70's.

I hope this clears up any confusion regarding the matter.
                          Yes, thanks for clarifying matters, John.
                          But, being a modern man, I will stamp and stamp my feet until I get the result I want.

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
                            I voted Yes for a serial killer. I have my own candidate, doh!

However, I still think the police/politicians knew more about the murders than they admitted and may have distorted the public
                            conception of them, perhaps using the newspapers to do so.

Martyn
                            hi Martyn
                            whos your suspect and why do you suspect him?

Comment

Yes, thanks for clarifying matters, John.
                              But, being a modern man, I will stamp and stamp my feet until I get the result I want.
                              Maybe someone said “that it was best of three” but we weren’t paying attention Jon?
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X