Profiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caz wrote:
    Isn't that a bit like a woman saying that if the only men who had proposed to her were Liberace, Tom Wescott and O.J. Simpson, she'd settle down with O.J. because at least he was alive, straight, famous and probably worth a fair bit?

Liberace is gay?
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
      I would merely change your word 'knowing' to 'presuming'.
      X
      Point taken.
      My best friend actually is a 32 year old male with a history of child abuse, wet the bed late (night terrors), burned his dad's wood shop to the ground, and as a child would in fact murder his father's tropical fish in some unique ways. He is also painfully awkward with women, and has a very unhealthy relationship with his mother. My father even once commented that he had Norman Bates' mother, without the dead.
      Now, all of this is due to his father's abuse. his childhood transgressions with fire and fish was juvenile retaliation. He's actually perfectly normal (mostly) has received therapy, come to terms with his childhood and has never looked back. He spent a lot of time with my family, and my dad, and so has had a healthy relationship with a father figure growing up.
      But we always tease him that if women start disappearing in the neighborhood, we are going to wrap him in duct tape and dump him in front of the nearest police station. We have bets on how long it would take for him to convince the FBI that he's innocent.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Tom W:

"Considering how polar opposite our view points usually are when it comes to Stride, to see that your counterpoint is that my Le Grand/Pipeman idea is only 'quite possibly' correct feels like a small victory."

I believe the more correct phrasing would be "a less devastating loss", Tom.

But donīt get me wrong here - I am very much interested in Le Grand, and your work on him is fascinating. And I am in no way excluding that Pipeman and Le Grand may have been one and the same. Itīs just that I think we need more before we can start talking about it as being the most likely deduction. All good things to those who wait, and all that, Tom!

The best,
        Fisherman
        Last edited by Fisherman; 09-18-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Fisherman wrote:
          I believe the more correct phrasing would be "a less devastating loss", Tom.

Fisherman wrote:
          Itīs just that I think we need more before we can start talking about it as being the most likely deduction.

Completely with you on this, Fisherman.
          Fisherman wrote:
          All good things to those who wait, and all that, Tom!

I'm sick and tired of hearing this piece of wisdom as a reference to my OWN travails!
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Working...
          X