Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf Vanderlinden View Post
    Hi Celesta.

Yes, they interviewed me and took my research but not my opinions. In the end, though, I think I dodged a bullet when they decided not to have me appear on the show. One thing I don't know, however, is if they ever credited me for my help since I still haven't seen the show.

Wolf.
    Mr Vanderlinden it is an honor, and a privilage to be in the presence of a ripper historian, who is an expert on JTR.

I watched it once i'm not about to watch it again, i was gonna quit watching it the first time but i tried giving it a chance.
    Last edited by SaraCarter33; 03-31-2010, 01:19 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I often see something the second time that I didn't catch the first time.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hi Celesta,

Another mistake on Mr. Norris's behalf perhaps? I know, at least one thing I learned on that show is of the murder of the woman found on Aug 3rd.

Again, I would like to find out more. Wolf, do you know much of this case?

I am not into the particulars, just the extent of her injuries, if you know them?

Thanks in advance.
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Hi Sara.

Very kind of you to say.

Corey.

Not much is known about this murder, as I stated. The victim was a small woman about 45 years old who was presumed to be a prostitute, why isn’t explained. She was found floating in the East River near Market Street (a block north from Catherine Slip. The East River Hotel where Carrie Brown was murdered was at Catherine Slip and Water Street). There was a rope tied around her waist and an empty loop at the other end where a weight had been tied. She had been in the water only about a day, so the weight must have come off and the body quickly floated to the surface.

The woman had been beaten about the left side of her face and head with her face bruised and her lower lip badly cut. She had worn a denture plate with a full set of upper teeth. This was damaged and several of the front teeth were broken off and missing.

It seems obvious that the woman was beaten to death and then, in an effort to hide the body, she was weighted and thrown in the river. Probably if she hadn’t been found so close to the scene of the Brown murder no one would have ever connected her with Jack the Ripper or have actually used the word “mutilated” to describe her injuries.

Wolf.

Comment

Working...
          X