Slaughterman Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
    To paraphrase Hobbes, life was poor, nasty, brutish, and short in the East End. I highly doubt it was necessary for our Jack to have first-hand experience of the slaughtering of animals in order to become desensitized to the violence and devaluation of life that was already all around him. Of course, he certainly could have been a slaughterman, but I don't think that this occupation is more likely than numerous others.
    Hi Barnaby,

I think what were trying to get at with a Slaughterhouseman is probable multiple exposures to the act of murder using a knife and the subsequent indifference to the act that would follow,.. which is possibly evident in the crimes when considering based on the evidence, the act of killing itself held no special meaning to him based on the time he takes to cut their throats before moving on to mutilations. I know Murder sounds like a stretch when animals are the victims, but it isnt inaccurate to call the act that.

In Jacks "sequencing"...we have the Pick Up, The Struggle that allows him to get them unconscious or semi so and on the ground,The Kill....in his case using more cuts or force than required to their throats.. perhaps to ensure success...but he almost decapitates most victims,...then there is the Postmortem Mutilations, then The Getaway.

There is no evidence that The Kill was anything more than a step to the next level for this killer. Perhaps suggesting that the taking of life wasnt his primary goal...but rather a necessary one.

In terms or overall time taken from start to finish...I think its clear with the Canonicals the actual kill was brief compared with the postmortem work.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
      Are you sure that doctors are really trained or encouraged to "do it quickly", Jc007?
      No of course not Ben, but think about it rationally, he knew if he got caught he was going to hang, so I think he would of being going quick regardless and having the skill of Dr would of aided him to get in do what he wanted to do and get out of it before getting caught, lets face it his victims were dead, he didn't need to take his time did he? he wasn't exactly trying to preserve life here was he?

Comment

Originally posted by jc007 View Post
        No of course not Ben, but think about it rationally, he knew if he got caught he was going to hang, so I think he would of being going quick regardless and having the skill of Dr would of aided him to get in do what he wanted to do and get out of it before getting caught, lets face it his victims were dead, he didn't need to take his time did he? he wasn't exactly trying to preserve life here was he?
        If I could throw in an idea on the above jc....when we consider that to be out at night killing women and cutting them up must have been a compulsion that overwhelmed him...just how fast would he rush each moment?

He is risking his very life by doing this, my guess is that if parts of the murders were special enough to him to drive him to do it once and risk loss of freedom...and then to keep on doing it....some facet of the murder might be addictive for him....and perhaps even briefly, emotional.

Maybe taking the organs was his way of extending that period of time he most enjoys....the handling of them.

Best regards.

Comment

most if not all serial killers lure thier victims away to a secluded place where they can carry out thier plans and enjoy it to the maximum
          But what if this particular serial killer didn't HAVE a secluded place?

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
            If I could throw in an idea on the above jc....when we consider that to be out at night killing women and cutting them up must have been a compulsion that overwhelmed him...just how fast would he rush each moment?

He is risking his very life by doing this, my guess is that if parts of the murders were special enough to him to drive him to do it once and risk loss of freedom...and then to keep on doing it....some facet of the murder might be addictive for him....and perhaps even briefly, emotional.

Maybe taking the organs was his way of extending that period of time he most enjoys....the handling of them.

Best regards.

If it were that much of a compulsion why did he suddenly stop? I don't think he conviently dropped dead or was put away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
              But what if this particular serial killer didn't HAVE a secluded place?
              Surely he could of found somewhere rather than in the middle of a street if he wanted to enjoy it that much? , or perhaps he didn't really care about enjoying it and wanted it over with as quick as possible??

Comment

all good posts and all mentioned before, over the years on Casebook.

what do i think?.........i'm just enjoying reading the posts.........i dont really have an opinion today

Comment

Surely he could of found somewhere rather than in the middle of a street if he wanted to enjoy it that much?
                  Well, to be fair, he didn't exactly murder any of his victims in the "middle" of a street. Given the crowded nature of the district, it might not have been very easy to simply "find somewhere".

Comment

Originally posted by jc007 View Post
                    If it were that much of a compulsion why did he suddenly stop? I don't think he conviently dropped dead or was put away.
                    Agreed. But this compulsion of his drove him out after midnight onto dangerous streets, and to kill and mutilate in places where discovery could not be ruled out. In that, not once in a abandoned house or railyard...where if he so desired, he could have taken more time with whatever element of his crimes his addiction was based....in my opinion, the mutilations. Because I see no evidence that killing itself was satisfying enough to him, nor prolonged intentionally.

The fella I believe was Jack didnt just stop. Something changed....locations, names, habits,...but he didnt just retire the knife to his trophy room after killing Mary...if he did kill her.

Best regards

Comment

he probably killed in dodgy locations because the victims wouldn't go elsewhere with him, or there was nowhere else close by.......( only Mitre square)

or they weren't dodgy locations at night! but without being there right now, it's very hard to vision this, we need 3d graphics of these locations at night, to get an accurate feel of these areas.

i.e our Hotel car park during the day is very ``open world``.........but at night it would make a perfect murder site......we must take care over this, maybe these locations were actually...........quite safe.

except of course Dutfields

Comment

Working...
                      X