Slaughterman Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaughterman Theory

Working on a theory that JTR was a slaughterman... but before I let loose with my ideas ... and get shot down .. whats the general concensus .. ?

Hi Philbee,

A slaughterman would have an excuse to have blood on him but that's about the only reason I can think of that might slightly point in that direction. You've probably given it more thought so I'd be interested to hear the theory. I'm not in the habit trying to shoot ideas down unless they are totally ridiculous and that wouldn't be the case here I don't think. The chance that he was a slaughterman is as good a theory as any and likely better than some.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by Philbee View Post
      Working on a theory that JTR was a slaughterman... but before I let loose with my ideas ... and get shot down .. whats the general concensus .. ?
      Do not agree with you.However welcome your right to your opinion.I at least welcome it.
      General consensus here is that nobody will work it out.
      Some really great people here.............................life is like that.
      Been down some long,dark,very time consuming alleys before I registered here.
      FOR GOD'S SAKE,GET OUT WHILE YOU CA.......................

Comment

Well, no-one can disprove it so why not give it a go? There were certainly enough slaughter houses for Jack to disappear into. Myself, I don't think so but go for it.
        http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't their slaughterhouses near the Nichol's murder scene?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
            Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't their slaughterhouses near the Nichol's murder scene?

Not just Nicholls.
            http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

dont bother, join the HUTCH gravy train instead, next stop is No 13 Millers court, leaving from platform three

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                Hi Philbee,

A slaughterman would have an excuse to have blood on him but that's about the only reason I can think of that might slightly point in that direction. You've probably given it more thought so I'd be interested to hear the theory. I'm not in the habit trying to shoot ideas down unless they are totally ridiculous and that wouldn't be the case here I don't think. The chance that he was a slaughterman is as good a theory as any and likely better than some.
                Hi Stan . Not really worried about being shot down , The pros and cons of an idea thats the whole point of a discussion right .. Rather than an excuse to have blood on him ... would a slaughterman not become an expert on not getting himself covered in blood considering the volumes of kills in an average shift . Can anyone point me in the direction to some relevant literature re LVP slaughterhouse proceedure ?

Comment

Theres a press report that sometime after nichols murder was known. Graffiti was found on the gate of the slaughterhouse nearby. It said the killer works here or something like that.

Comment

Not totally relevant but I visited a slaughterhouse here in the 1950s and the slaughterman bashed the animals in the head sledgehammer or with an air powered gun that contained a large caged steel ball as they were herded down a chute. He wasn't the person who actually cut the throat. That was done by second station employees after the unconscious/dead animal was strung up on the overhead track for gutting and dissection. Those second station workers were literally wading in blood.
                    Last edited by sdreid; 04-07-2009, 03:34 PM.
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello Philbee

There is the counter argument of what would the desire be for a man whose day job is slaughtering. There is the curious letter allegedly from the killer dated 24 September 1888 being discussed on another thread in which the writer claimed to have been a "horse slauterer." Despite all the convoluted theories and the scrapping on these boards by various parties, could it be that was the answer all along, and the killer was hiding "in plain sight"?

Chris
                      Christopher T. George
                      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Hi Stan . Not really worried about being shot down , The pros and cons of an idea thats the whole point of a discussion right .. Rather than an excuse to have blood on him ... would a slaughterman not become an expert on not getting himself covered in blood considering the volumes of kills in an average shift . Can anyone point me in the direction to some relevant literature re LVP slaughterhouse proceedure ?

The painting by Lovis Corinth,1893 would be a primer.
                        Please take the link to Dr.Temple Grandin-amazing lady!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                          Hello Philbee

There is the counter argument of what would the desire be for a man whose day job is slaughtering. There is the curious letter allegedly from the killer dated 24 September 1888 being discussed on another thread in which the writer claimed to have been a "horse slauterer." Despite all the convoluted theories and the scrapping on these boards by various parties, could it be that was the answer all along, and the killer was hiding "in plain sight"?

Chris
                          Hi Chris, nice to see you.

I was thinking about your comments above and this thought struck me,......since it seems based on the physical evidence and the total amount of time the killer had available at some sites that the actual time spent committing murder was less significant than the time spent mutilating, or even perhaps getting in and out of the site....that the killer may have been unmoved by the act of murder itself.

A slaughterhouse man gets to do two things that Jack likes....he gets to kill, and to handle warm organs. And would likely be numbed by the practice to think little of performing the act.

I think the fact that Jack doesnt obviously take a long pause to savour that particular moment is perhaps relevant to his occupation myself. Or an indication he was looking beyond that moment already.

All the best Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
                            Hi Chris, nice to see you.

I was thinking about your comments above and this thought struck me,......since it seems based on the physical evidence and the total amount of time the killer had available at some sites that the actual time spent committing murder was less significant than the time spent mutilating, or even perhaps getting in and out of the site....that the killer may have been unmoved by the act of murder itself.

A slaughterhouse man gets to do two things that Jack likes....he gets to kill, and to handle warm organs. And would likely be numbed by the practice to think little of performing the act.

I think the fact that Jack doesnt obviously take a long pause to savour that particular moment is perhaps relevant to his occupation myself. Or an indication he was looking beyond that moment already.

All the best Chris.
                            you dont know what was going on inside the lunatic's mind, especially in Millers court, he could've been in there for hours after carving up MARY, doing GOD knows what! ............. real sick ****, dont go there; keep your sanity, steer well clear of what went on in MILLERS COURT....or what the Ripper was thinking, we dont need to know, we're after evidence or more likely something that doesn't make sense.

he would've neen thinking of necrophilia, cannibalism; or very similar indeed, looking at the display of her body and the way he's carefully laid out the organs this is fairly obvious......it's a macarbre painting, it's also one of the sickest muders ever discovered...FACT, thank God the photos are poor and only in black and white. !

there is something seriously wrong with MILLERS COURT, but i have no idea what.
                            Last edited by Malcolm X; 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughterhouse
                              The painting by Lovis Corinth,1893 would be a primer.
                              Please take the link to Dr.Temple Grandin-amazing lady!
                              Hi Thanks Mr Hyde for the link to the Wiki page which Ive actually read before .. some time ago . but most of the info there seems to refer to current US practice , Anybody got snippets from the LVP

Comment

Working...
                              X