No announcement yet.

The Ripper's Intellect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social intelligence is an interesting point.A person with~IQ 150,ie top half per centile has a small number of peers.Tends to have a small number of real friends.
    Personally,I reckon IQ tests are over rated.
    Lot of 150s learn to dumb down-makes life easier.Reckon more of us than anticipated.
    Ditto 131s-top 1%ers.
    My screenwriter's son is obviously ~150.Brilliant young man of approx.18 years of age.Dropped out of school and is currently pumping petrol.
    I cannot ride a push bike.Neither can Australia's top female Olympic rythmic gymnast.(See below!)
    I am not elitist-I'm very Scoti, ie Irish,Scottish in nature.Self depreciating sense of humor.In Oz we have what is called "the tall poppy syndrome"-we can sense it a mile off.
    Being "up there" is mostly not a lot of fun.
    I wouldn't change it.Just the way I was born.
    Lot of things I'm not good at!
    Re job success-one thing I'm really not good at is "selling out".First time I watched "The Firm".........pretty predictable.We sometimes get employed for our intelligence and some fool attempts to use us to be dishonest.We know that boss will also eventually turn on us.
    Last edited by Mr.Hyde; 04-09-2009, 10:24 AM. Reason: Usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
      Social intelligence is an interesting point.A person with~IQ 150,ie top half per centile has a small number of peers.Tends to have a small number of real friends.
      Personally,I reckon IQ tests are over rated.
      Lot of 150s learn to dumb down-makes life easier.Reckon more of us than anticipated.
      Ditto 131s-top 1%ers.
      My screenwriter's son is obviously ~150.Brilliant young man of approx.18 years of age.Dropped out of school and is currently pumping petrol.
      I cannot ride a push bike.Neither can Australia's top female Olympic rythmic gymnast.(See below!)
      I am not elitist-I'm very Scoti, ie Irish,Scottish in nature.Self depreciating sense of humor.In Oz we have what is called "the tall poppy syndrome"-we can sense it a mile off.
      Being "up there" is mostly not a lot of fun.
      I wouldn't change it.Just the way I was born.
      Lot of things I'm not good at!
      Man, maybe it's a good thing your screenwriter's son is brilliant and pumping petrol. Maybe it will build character.

Having an ordinary IQ places Jack where he should be. He wasn't a genius, he wasn't a loser. He was a disorganised murderer with enough sense not to kill where he lived. I trust you're keeping that in mind. JMO.
      http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Personally I reckon Julian is pumping petrol while he weighs up what he really wants to do.
        His father tried his hand in several fields.In his sixties he finds he is a damn good screenwriter.
        Predict his son may well follow suit.Certainly hope he does.Brilliant young man.
        Reckon you your last paragraph is wrong.Damn sure he killed where he lived and worked.Might not have been a genius,however he was a brilliant man.

Comment

Jack didn't kill where he lived. It's an interesting thought. How many serial killers actually kill in the neighborhood they live in. Bet you, not too many.

Jack wasn't a brilliant man. He was a man with mountains of trouble, and he hated women. And he did what he did.

Comment

Ed Gein,although technically not a proven serial killer,is one I best remember.JTR killed in a much smaller area.
            Have a peep through that lot..........many.

Comment

I love IQ tests though. I do them for fun. I have an odd definition of fun, as you can see...Did they have them when Jack was around? I had some hazy idea they are a later invention. Still - I think there's so much speculation, contemporary and later, about his cleverness, that we are left with a common idea of somebody very cunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                I love IQ tests though. I do them for fun. I have an odd definition of fun, as you can see...Did they have them when Jack was around? I had some hazy idea they are a later invention. Still - I think there's so much speculation, contemporary and later, about his cleverness, that we are left with a common idea of somebody very cunning.
                I'm sorry but Wiki doesn't have any validity. I can go on there and rewrite Jack's entire murderous life and have a new generation of followers.

Comment

Mr.Hyde

Originally posted by Nothing to see View Post
                  I'm sorry but Wiki doesn't have any validity. I can go on there and rewrite Jack's entire murderous life and have a new generation of followers.

There you go!
                  Took you 23 minutes not to read the other Wiki,which linked to scores of serial murder Wikis.Would have answered your original question.
                  Naturally all falsified for your "benefit".

Comment

I have no idea what the 'other' Wiki is and I'm not interested.

You have facts. Good.

Mind you, do you notice there's been no-one from the UK on here for a while?

H'm.

Comment

We might have scared them off!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde View Post
                        We might have scared them off!
                        I reckon you're right.

Comment

"The Rope" is always fun!The Chalk and the Cashous OK.
                          Just what thread are we on?Oh,hell!Intellect-well I've blown any shred of credibility here.
                          Last edited by Mr.Hyde; 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM. Reason: Usual.

Comment

Still man, where is anyone from the UK? Don't you think that's interesting? Have they gone on a meltdown? Or can't they afford to be on line? Or maybe they're all stuck on Wiki? What a waste!

Comment

I'm from the UK. I am online as well! I'm off to look up a few things in an old dictionary in a bit, though. I think my IQ is probably nil at the moment. Do you know that a sheep has just enough to remember to eat grass? Well, so I was told, anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                                To be fair to IQ developers, I don't think the test is meant to measure quirkiness such as sandal wearing in the winter time. The test has high predictive validity with respect to success in academia, job success (income), and is negatively correlated with things like incarcerations and divorce. These data can be found in any intro psych textbook. One thing that most IQ tests do not measure is social intelligence. This may be relevant to JTR.
                                One has to wonder, though, how much the tests themselves influence people. They tell one person "you're smart, you're going places", another "meh, you're average", and still another "you're stupid". That has to influence a person's motivation and goals. Not to mention the motivation and goals of their parents.
                                "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
                                X