Between Liz and Eddowes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Welcome back, Michael. Nice to see you posting again.

c.d.
    Nice of you to say so cd, thanks for that.
    Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

That is exactly what I have consistently been arguing.
      Personally I believe that its quite likely the killer of Kate did go somewhere before going to Goulston, and that Long was being honest and forthright when he stated the apron was "not there" at his 2:20am pass. That belief extends to an additional belief, that the apron and writing were by the same person and that this person went there specifically to leave them. That they are related to each other and from one source. Of course the obvious next question would be is why? I can only guess by the fact that the message refers to, in at least one or two interpretations, that the author felt that Jews were either evading blame or would escape being blamed for something. Or within those contexts, that there was good reason to blame Jews for something.
      Last edited by Michael W Richards; 12-15-2023, 04:25 PM.
      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Personally I believe that its quite likely the killer of Kate did go somewhere before going to Goulston, and that Long was being honest and forthright when he stated the apron was "not there" at his 2:20am pass. That belief extends to an additional belief, that the apron and writing were by the same person and that this person went there specifically to leave them. That they are related to each other and from one source. Of course the obvious next question would be is why? I can only guess by the fact that the message refers to, in at least one or two interpretations, that the author felt that Jews were either evading blame or would escape being blamed for something. Or within those contexts, that there was good reason to blame Jews for something.

I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

If, as many believe, the killer of Stride kept looking for victims after killing her because he was frustrated being unable to complete all he wanted to with Liz, I wonder why he would return to his lodgings before going back out. Nothing to drop off.

To change out of blood-stained clothing perhaps?
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post

To change out of blood-stained clothing perhaps?
            From Strides cut? Forensically it seems that Strides neckerchief was twisted tightly around her throat when it was cut, it was even found in that state with accompanying nicks that correspond to the line of the cut. The single, didnt sever both arteries-cut. Blackwell suggests she could have been cut while falling. There is no evidence the killer even touched her after she hit the ground. I could see a possibility of a drop or so, but not spray. This murder has got to be the one within the Canonical Group that doesnt present the killer with likely blood evidence issues on his clothing.

Or maybe, to explore your question, he cleaned off any stains on a handkerchief, wrapped the knife handle with it and then dropped the knife at the bottom step of the stairs leading into 252 Whitechapel Rd., then just headed home.
            Michael Richards

Comment

"Or maybe, to explore your question, he cleaned off any stains on a handkerchief, wrapped the knife handle with it and then dropped the knife at the bottom step of the stairs leading into 252 Whitechapel Rd., then just headed home."

That knife was found approximately 24 hours later (12:30am) on the sidewalk. I think if it was dropped right after the murders, it would have been found in the daylight hours of October 1st.

Comment

But somebody could have kept the knife for a day or so before depositing it on the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                  But somebody could have kept the knife for a day or so before depositing it on the sidewalk
                  Yes, I would think your right suggesting the knife would be noticed during the day had it been left that night, although Coram was asked about the visibility and he said he had passed maybe a dozen people as he walked towards the address and the artifact was visible "in the light". Yet only he seems to have noticed it. He also said he had passed 3 patrolmen getting there. Funny that he is the first person to notice it. Though It was 12:30 at night. Might it just have been unnoticed until then. Im sure the streets had lots of questionable items strewn about. The point was really to illustrate this..that the Stride murder may well have been by someone who left after doing so without any unsatisfied desire to kill more. Or he pocketed the knife, walked about wondering what he should do now, and at some point later that day, when it gets dark, he leaves the evidence somewhere.

We do not have the answers to why it took Kate 30-35 minutes to walk 400 yds, and why it would take an unsatisfied killer 30-40 minutes to take a 10 minute walk, without those facts, we cannot connect those dots. My belief is that individual killers makes those troublesome windows of time vanish. It doesnt take him 30 minutes to walk a 10 minute route, and she meets her killer somewhere on the way to Mitre Square. Why she heads left out of Bishopsgate door is anyones guess, home was a right turn. Lots we dont know.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                  X