Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wickerman
    replied
    On the subject of being technologically disadvantaged, does anyone know how to copy Kindle Books from an ipad II to a desktop PC?
    I searched Youtube and it seems it can be done through iTunes (on the PC), but iTunes does not see my Kindle Books. It does see one eBook I have on the ipad, but not any Kindle Books.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    Thanks Ginger.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    Where you've got the smiley face and next to that the paperclip, i have drop down boxes for - "Smile" & "Attachments" ? Strange, it must be something to do with either my settings or my Samsung tablet layout.

Thanks G U T anyway for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    It's there for me, whether I click the "Post Reply", "Reply" or "Quote" button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot 2018-09-01 at 09.46.57.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	667516

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    G U T , i saw the stamp thing and it asks for a url - you got me!
    There is no paperclip on the top line, I'm sure there used to be as I'm also sure I have attached photos before.

Confused.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    If it doesn’t work give me a yell.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    Thanks G U T

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Hit post reply.

Paper clip is on top line.

Though I use the icon below it looks a bit like a stamp, next to the quote box thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob1n View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times but, here goes, i can't see the paperclip to allow attachments, I'm sure I've done it before but, I can't see it to attach photos.

Please help.
    I don't think the board software uses a paperclip. If you want to attach a photo from your own pc or tablet, click either "reply" or "quote". You should see a dialogue box below your reply that says "additional options". One of these will be "attach files". That's what you want. It should be there by default if you're starting a new thread. If you use "quick reply" instead of "reply", you may have to choose "advanced options" to see the menu.

If you want to include a picture from the internet (as opposed to locally stored), then click on the icon above the text field that shows a red sun over a green mountain. That allows you to enter the web address (URL) of the picture.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    Attaching a photo

Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times but, here goes, i can't see the paperclip to allow attachments, I'm sure I've done it before but, I can't see it to attach photos.

Please help.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Have you ticked the "remember me" box on the login screen? That'll keep you logged in forever, as far as I can tell.

Mind you I'm a speed typist, so I haven't encountered this issue myself. Perhaps there is a timeout on postings of which I've never been aware.
    I’ll try that Gareth, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Pretty much every time I make a post I have to log back in before I put it up. Is there any way of increasing the time allowance for making a post?
    Have you ticked the "remember me" box on the login screen? That'll keep you logged in forever, as far as I can tell.

Mind you I'm a speed typist, so I haven't encountered this issue myself. Perhaps there is a timeout on postings of which I've never been aware.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Pretty much every time I make a post I have to log back in before I put it up. Is there any way of increasing the time allowance for making a post?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    IM is instant message, so let's say you want to message Bridewell click his name above one of his posts, one option will be send message, top right of any screen you see your screen name and below that "private messages" I'll send you one as a test.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Bridewell. Unfortunately I really am useless with technology as I said. How does IM work? What do I do?
    Regards
    HS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X