The Long Island Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curious View Post

New Story dated Jan. 17, 2020 by Minyvonne Burke for NBC News.

Evidence revealed in serial killer case nearly decade after 11 bodies found https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...cid=spartandhp
    thanks curious. but the the lisk is in jail.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Thanks, Abby. That's wonderful news. Of course, the release of evidence might just be the Suffolk Police's way of building a stronger case for court OR they may still be looking . . .

Comment

• yup. but probably the former. john Bittrolff is in jail for the murder of two prositutes who were also dismembered and found alongside a road in LI. they eventually traced back to him through dna. these were probably his first kills and then the lisk started to make more of an attempt to hide the remains after rhese were discovered.

bittrolff lived in manorville LI where two definite lisk victims were found, the prosecuter said he is an official suspect in at least one lisk murder, there is a personal connection between one of bittrolfs victims and a lisk victim, which included phone calls to manorville (police all along said there is a strong connection to manorville and always said the lisk may live there), he was an avid and cruel hunter who had a chop shop shed in back of his house.
        the final nail is that the last possible lisk victim was killed around 2012/13 and bittrolff was finally arrested for the previous two 1993 murders in 2014. and surprise surprise. nothing since. bittrolff is the lisk.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• I've not really followed this lately, but did read a bit about Bittrolff here after running across this story. So, if a prosecutor has named him as a suspect, there you are. But they still need to be sure all "their Ts are crossed and I's dotted," "all their ducks are in a row" and however many other cliches I can find to say "tie up all the loose ends". Since the killings have ceased, it does seem they likely have him.

Comment

Working...
          X