No announcement yet.

Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, not really. Most likely someone who knew the family.

Comment

• Yes Chris, I'm sure that is much more likely.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Either that or some roving miscreant who flipped his wig and then when off and killed himself sort of like Richard Speck tried to do.

Stan Reid

Comment

• ... and I do believe that Speck was a serial killer.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyE View Post
            I have a list of what I like to call "History's Most Wanted". I thought is sounded catchy. There are other cases I'm interested in, but they're either solved, or pseudo-solved. I'll list them after the top ten, which comes in no particular order:

1.) Jack the Ripper
            2.) Bela Kiss
            3.) Axeman of New Orleans
            4.) Cleveland Torso Murders
            5.) Black Dalia
            6.) JonBenet Ramsey
            7.) Zodiac
            8.) Dan (D. B.) Cooper
            9.) Texarkana Moonlight Murders
            10.) Jack the Stripper

Others I'm interested in are:
            Lizzie Bordon
            JFK
            RFK
            MLK
            Son of Sam
            Boston Strangler
            Charles Manson
            Have you seen the latest story on D.B. Cooper. I read a story in the last week or two that he is now dead, but apparently planned the escapade with one of his brothers and lived to spend the money.

A niece has come forward and told the story as well as provided a photograph of her uncle that is very close to the sketch.

Intriguing.

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
              Have you seen the latest story on D.B. Cooper. I read a story in the last week or two that he is now dead, but apparently planned the escapade with one of his brothers and lived to spend the money.

A niece has come forward and told the story as well as provided a photograph of her uncle that is very close to the sketch.

Intriguing.
              sorry, went back and re-read the story. Cooper apparently lost the money on the way down.

Comment

• He definitely lost some of it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• That most recent claim by the neice of someone alleged to be D.B. Cooper has now been officially ruled out by the FBI. If you're looking for D.B. Cooper, look up the research of an investigator named Galen Cook on a suspect named William "Wolfgang" Gossett (who is now deceased). He was a trained military paratrooper, and he reportedly had some heavy gambling debts to repay to some shady characters. In my opinion after hearing the full story, he is a very likely suspect. And his resemblance to the witness sketches is- as a few other suspects have been- quite dramatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                    ... and I do believe that Speck was a serial killer.
                    He almost certainly murdered Mary Pierce in Monmouth, IL around April 9 of 1966. Speck is also a person of interest regarding the disappearance of 3 women at Indiana Dunes State Park on July 2 of that year and shortly before the final rampage with the nurses.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Speck is not the only suspect in the Dunes Case.

Stan Reid

Comment

• At one time I think he was the top suspect but I'm not so sure of that now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyE View Post
                          I have a list of what I like to call "History's Most Wanted". I thought is sounded catchy. There are other cases I'm interested in, but they're either solved, or pseudo-solved. I'll list them after the top ten, which comes in no particular order:

1.) Jack the Ripper
                          2.) Bela Kiss
                          3.) Axeman of New Orleans
                          4.) Cleveland Torso Murders
                          5.) Black Dalia
                          6.) JonBenet Ramsey
                          7.) Zodiac
                          8.) Dan (D. B.) Cooper
                          9.) Texarkana Moonlight Murders
                          10.) Jack the Stripper
                          I had a similar list that I assembled in 2001 called The World's Ten Most Wanted For All Time.

All your top 5 were on my list. My #1, #5 and #9 matched yours. I also had three others that were on both our lists except in different positions.

Stan Reid

Comment

• My #2 was Osama bin Laden but he has been accounted for in the interim.

Stan Reid

Comment

• In addition to the aforementioned, Carl Menarik, Alois Brunner and Belle Gunness were on my list. Ramsey and Cooper were not nor were Jack the Stripper or Zodiac although they just missed.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Just in my case, I confined my wanteds to murderers.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X