Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Benders

Originally posted by macknnc View Post
    I would vote for "The Bloody Benders" of roughly Civil War Era Kansas. Though there was no doubte the Bender family killed several people, none of them were ever captured or tried...
    Supposedly, the Benders were killed by vigilantes who burned the bodies with perhaps the son and mother escaping. their major motive was financial. Either way officialy they escaped.
    Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Yes, that's one of the scenarios Yank.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I believe Kate was supposedly sighted by several after the family fled.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          I believe Kate was supposedly sighted by several after the family fled.
          I meant the younger Kate since apparently both women sometimes used that name. They were almost certainly mother and daughter but the other "family"
          relationships were somewhat cloudy. The older John and Kate may have just been cohabitants and not married and the younger John and Kate may have actually been husband and wife rather than brother and sister.

Stan Reid

Comment

There was a movie entitled Bloody Bender that was out several years ago about a killer named John Bender. As best I can tell according to reviews, it's about a fictional descendant of the family and has nothing to do with the actual crimes. It appears there was a sequel as well.

Stan Reid

Comment

I am not sure if it fits here but the most interesting case has to be the West Memphis 3. I put it here even though there were 3 convictions because a lot of people think the convicted murderers are innocent.

I have followed closely for 10 years and let me tell you ~ if you EVER wanted to take a break from the JTR research and flood yourself with more theories and debates then this website has or drama drama drama this would be the case to drowned in.

I have spent time on both sides of the fence (supporter and non) have spent years pouring over the research and testimonies and I still have no clue what to think!

It is so much more complicated then the recent media has reported ~ WAY more.

I only mention this because it looks like they will be granted a new trial as early as this summer.

This is a classic case of do not believe everything you read or hear in the news!

Comment

Hi Praline:

Yes, I did see recently that a new trial was apparently in the cards regarding the crime. I used think about the case when I drove through there on the way to Memphis, TN. My feeling is that it will officially be an unsolved case after any trial. It's been a few years since I've seen Loss of Innocence, if I'm remembering the title correctly.

Timothy Masters has finally been released regarding the murder of Peggy Hetterick. He was convicted because he was the first known person to see the body, although he said he thought it was a mannequin, and he had some violent drawings in his room, something many 15-year-old boys would have. I thought it was a total miscarriage of justice when I first learned about the case which is back to unsolved now.

Stan Reid

Comment

I think with the DNA they might get a better idea who did it but will never stand on a conviction for that.

My thoughts after years of research and even speaking to one of the boy's father, Mr. Moore ( who is the most stable of any of the parents on both sides)?

I don't think there was enough physical evidence to convict someone and give them the death penalty. Does this mean I think Damien is innocent?! NOT AT ALL

I have sat and read his 500 page medical illness profile along with all of his hospital admittance paperwork (done before the murders) and this kid was seriously screwed up in the head. If he was there ~ no doubt he was capable of the crime. The piece of evidence linking him to the crime scene however is lacking to "without a doubt" certainty. The poor kid had one of the more trauma filled lives I have studied. He had all the earmarks of a psychopathic personality. Just because he was a psychopath doesn't make him guilty if he wasn't there, know what I mean? I do think based on the evidence they should retry the case. It frustrates me to no end that the defense drums up the "wears black and listens to heavy metal" defense and its so far off base its laughable. The most important part of this case to remember is The defense team is the only one speaking to the media. The state is not even attempting to try this in the media or defend themselves. Not because they think they screwed up but rather its good business not to show your hand before trial.

I could just as easily give arguments for both sides having equal amounts of garbage and truth mixed up. This new trial, I fear is going to blow the idea of a fair and impartial trial out of the water.

Comment

The documentary "paradise lost" is what you mean I gather. Biggest bunch of garbage ever put on tv

They did do one monumentally stupid thing however and forgot to get the permission of one of the parents to use their son's name in the documentary

This is why I have ZERO respect for the defense team. Imagine if you will this was your child (God forbid)
                    You are told a fair and impartial documentary is being made about the case. On the night it is set to air ~ you and your family sit down in the living room to watch it. You know its going to be tough to see but it is about your son and you should watch it. Without your knowledge and consent the first minute of this documentary is of your naked, bound and tortured child. His face is plastered in the mud and his greatest humiliation is played in living rooms across the country with a Metallica song dubbed over it. This is the first time you see this video footage

That is the type of people the defense are. They have paid off more people then the mafia for this new trial (including 2 parents who, after being placed on their payrolls have changed sides).

This does not detract from my thoughts that there is not enough evidence to put someone to death and a retrial should be in order. At the same time the defense are so slimy I have a hard time listening to them.

Comment

• Ah yes, that's the title so I was remembering it incorrectly. I think Loss of Innocence is the name of a book about a different case.

Stan Reid

Comment

• As far as we know, it wasn't a serial killer case but the full title was Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills from 1996.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by jdrake View Post
                          #9 would be Jack the Stripper and my new #10 would be the Alphabet Murders.
                          A couple of weeks ago for about 5 minutes, it looked like the New York Alphabet Murders might have been solved but subsequent findings seem to have all but ended that hope.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hinterkaifeck 1922

Comment

• That's an interesting one Chris - maybe it was you who clued me in on it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Does anyone think it could have been perpetrated by a serial killer such as Kurten?

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X