Crippen to be Exhumed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archaic View Post

(or maybe it was "already there" when he moved in)

Thanks, Archaic
    As I remember there was a piece of clothing found with the body that could have only been buried during his occupation.

Comment

Hi all

Yes silverstealth, if I remember correctly the clothing was a pair of Crippen's pyjamas that the salesman of the store they had been purchased from stated they had been a new line brought in after the date that the Crippens had moved into the house.

tj
      It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
        Cora, considering she was the victim, has had a very bad sexist press.
        Hi Miss Marple,
        I also find it astonishing that things have been turned around on Cora...the victim.
        Several of her friends spoke very highly of her at the trial, and seemingly didn't think much of Crippen. One of her friends who gave evidence at the trial also wrote a piece on the case in the book 'survivor's tales' mentioning what a warm, friendly and vivacious woman she was, and the fact that Crippen might have tried to poison Cora about 2 weeks previous to her death.

Even the fact that Cora did work for the Womens Musc Hall Guild has been used against her, insinuating the work was just to be in close contact with as many men as possible! When in fact it was a charitable organisation for the benefit of women and children only, and Cora's work there was voluntary.

Comment

Hi Debs,

I saw something on tv about Cora taking up with another man behind Crippen's back BEFORE he made any attempt at her life. Do you feel there's any truth in that?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom,

so if a woman cheated on her husband, that excuses him killing her???
            “be just and fear not”

Comment

No, but that should take any 'astonishment' out of it 'being turned around on Cora'. It's a pretty classic motive, after all.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom,

not disagreeing whatsoever, but didnt he run off with some other bird adter the murder. There's anotehr classic motive!

]
                “be just and fear not”

Comment

True. I just meant that it's natural people would hold Cora somewhat responsible for her fate if she were cheating on her husband, particularly in the era in which she lived.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    Hi Debs,

I saw something on tv about Cora taking up with another man behind Crippen's back BEFORE he made any attempt at her life. Do you feel there's any truth in that?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                    Hi Tom,
                    Crippen was probably such a boring old fart she need some excitement.

Comment

I saw a programme on this a while back.
                      They had a group of lodgers in the house,and she was friendly with all of them,but took up with one in particular...and they used to make love while Crippen listened to them,while doing the chores his Mrs had told him to do,while she was busy.
                      I felt quite sorry for him whereas before the programme started I had him down as the baddie...he was henpecked and humiliated...If he did murder her,she deserved it...IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
                        If he did murder her,she deserved it...IMHO.
                        ?????
                        Jenni, I'm with you, and yes, he had a 'bird' for how many years?

Comment

Slightly off topic but relevant to the exhumation of executed prisoners. Does anyone know what they did with the bodies when Kirkdale Gaol at Liverpool was flattened?

I ask because I am interested in John Conway, who was executed for the murder of nine-year-old Nicholas Martin, in 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                            Hi Tom,
                            Crippen was probably such a boring old fart she need some excitement.
                            LOL, I agree.

Seriously, though, I don't think it's possible for Cora to have done ANYTHING to "deserve" being killed, cut up into pieces, drenched in lime, and buried in her own basement while her little creep of a husband ran off with the secretary half his age.

Murder is the ultimate form of Domestic Violence; I don't think it's right to blame the victim.

Face it, Crippen could have just divorced Cora and gone on his way, but in that case Cora might have taken her beautiful furs & jewels with her-

and then what riches would poor Crippen have had handy to shower upon his sweet little typist???

Best regards, Archaic

*PS: When I said "maybe the body was already there when he moved in", I was KIDDING!

I remember hearing that some other Serial Killer actually tried to use that absurd excuse.
                            I think it was Fred West in the 'Scotland Yard's Black Museum' video but I can't recall for sure.

When it comes to idiotic excuses, that one's a true gem; I was surprised to find out that its use is fairly common.
                            Though I admit it's at least marginally better than "Body in the refrigerator? WHAT body in the refrigerator???"
                            Last edited by Archaic; 11-07-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

one law for men

Agree Debs, poor Cora has been put through the mill.
                              So now we know, its ok to murder your wife if she is having an affair, or if you are sleeping with someone else,[Cora had a fling with Bruce Miller] but if the husband, Crippen is having a long relationship with Ethel Le Nerve behind his wife's back ,thats ok then. [ but jealously was not the cause of the murder, it was money]
                              Apparently it is still ok, the recent case of the vodaphone excutive, who stabbed his wife thirty times, [ in front of the children] and used six different knives, partially sawed off her head, because she told him she was having an affair. Poor lamb got manslaughter. Men do tend to get manslaughter if the poor lambs were' nagged' or their wives were having affairs. If you are a women who has suffered a history if domestic abuse and stab your husband [ Sara Thornton] then you ain't so lucky its murder and life for you!
                              Miss Marple
                              Last edited by miss marple; 11-07-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Cora didn't so much marry Crippen as his Bank Account,

She treated Crippen like a Doormat.

Nobody deserves to be murdered but equally Cora was not a very pleasant woman.Crippen didn't take up with Ethel until well into the marriage by which time Cora had had more than one affair.

She does not come across very sympathetically.
                                Whether she was murdered or not is becoming a very interesting question.

But I hear you protest, her jewels.

If you are going to dissapear and start a new life with another man you can't take your old things with you in case of recognition and also the new man would supply new jewels.

The letters which recently reappeared from a woman claiming to be Cora need to be investigated for handwriting etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X