No announcement yet.

Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good case to add would be the 'orignial nightstalker/east area rapist.

yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
      A good case to add would be the 'orignial nightstalker/east area rapist.
      Yes, I ran out of room here. It's my #7 over on the Most Intriguing non-JtR Serial Killer Cases thread.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Well, at least all have more than one vote so no one is an island.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Aha! A 5 way tie for sixth.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Zodiac or Lisbon Rippings, I just can't decide :/

Comment

• Originally posted by tkrus View Post
              Lisbon Rippings
              Yes, I've read a little about that one but I think you're the first to bring it up here. Do they still think it's a truck driver?

Welcome!
              Last edited by sdreid; 12-12-2009, 05:39 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hello J. Schmidt

Love your closing line: "Most of my postings are idle speculation on my part and should be taken with a minor barrel of salt. Or some whiskey."

I may need to "borrow" it for my own postings.

curious

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
                  It's very interesting but has even one book been written about it? It seems to be all but forgotten apart from the film The Town That Dreaded Sundown
                  Earl E. Smith wrote the script. I wonder if he ever entertained turning it into a book. It appears that he must have done some serious research regarding the case even though he wound up taking some major license.

Stan Reid

Comment

• New Orleans Axeman has inspired a song and at least six others have inspired one or more movies.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Surely, like Casebook, there is a forum to Zodiac yak

But I wonder
                      Sink the Bismark

Comment

• There are a couple of Zodiac sites so I assume there's a forum in there but I haven't checked them out that closely.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Also, there are dedicated sites for Lizzie Borden and Black Dahlia. Does anyone know about named sites for any of the others?

Stan Reid

Comment

• It's either Lizzie Borden or the Amelia Dyer case, in my opinion.
                            "You want to take revenge for my murdered sister? Sister would definitely have not ... we would not have wanted you to be like this."

~ Angelina Durless

Comment

• I think if you asked the masses who the classic (more than 20 years old) unsolved murder case they were most interested in, there's little doubt in my mind that it would be Jack the Ripper. My guess is that Lizzie Borden would be second because it's sort of joined at the hip with JtR as far as the general populace is concerned. I believe that Zodiac would be next and then Black Dahlia. After that, I haven't a clue. The next case in the above survey would be Cleveland Torso but I doubt that 2% of the general public has even heard of that one.
                              Last edited by sdreid; 03-13-2010, 06:19 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I just noticed that 6 of the named cases have both female and male victims. The remaining 3 have female victims only. There are no male only cases and, although there are some with victims who were in their late teens, none could really be called child murders either. I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Perhaps it's just the luck of the draw.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X