Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
    Thanks for filing me in Fisherman.

Torso is interesting when find time I will have to read Trow, I was aware that someone had a cats meat man in the frame.
    Youīre welcome, GUT.

As for putting catīs meat people in the frame, you may be thinking of Rob Hills, who wrote the dissertation "Catīs cradle" here on Casebook. He points a finger at the catīs meat business in Hanbury Street, run by the Hardimans. Specifically, he names one of the sons of Harriet Hardiman as a possible Ripper.

Then - of course - there are those who name Charles Allen Lechmere as a potential Ripper, having a mother involved in the business, and residing at 147 Cable Street, a stoneīs throw from where the Pinchin Street Torso was found.

The best,
    Fisherman
    Last edited by Fisherman; 05-18-2014, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• G'day again Fish

No I knew that somewhere there was a cat's meat man in Torso, but no details, naturally I was also aware of some of the Cat's meat people in JtR.

In my opinion [and that's all it is] I would have been more interested in Cat's meat men if I was looking at missing people rather than dead bodies all over the place.

I also hadn't realised that Lech's mother was so close to the Torso.
      Last edited by GUT; 05-18-2014, 02:58 AM.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I would have been more interested in Cat's meat men if I was looking at missing people rather than dead bodies all over the place.
        Ah - the financial angle! Sweeney Todd, sort of, but with another eating crowd ...

Good one, GUT!

The best,
        Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Didnīt they conclude that the Stripper committed suicide?

The best,
          Fisherman
          Hi Fisherman:

That was an early story regarding the case but I think it is pretty much discounted now. The man, Mungo Ireland, was apparently not even in England when one of the murders occurred and was not a security guard on the grounds where the bodies were kept when the first victims were stored there.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
            I do have that one on a list on another site that doesn't have a 10 limit on its polls. It has some votes too.
            Regarding the Thames Torso Murders, I also have that one on my poll over on Websleuths, although it doesn't have any votes. That poll also includes JtR and he is actually running third behind #2 Black Dahlia and #1 Zodiac. He is within striking distance of both of those however.

Stan Reid

Comment

• G'day Stan

That poll also includes JtR and he is actually running third behind #2 Black Dahlia and #1 Zodiac. He is within striking distance of both of those however.
              Not a good place to be, within striking distance of Jack!
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                Hi Fisherman:

That was an early story regarding the case but I think it is pretty much discounted now. The man, Mungo Ireland, was apparently not even in England when one of the murders occurred and was not a security guard on the grounds where the bodies were kept when the first victims were stored there.
                Aha - well, my updating on the case is very much lagging behind. I only read about it in Rumbelowīs book, and it seemed an open and shut case there.

I need to refresh the case, apparently, so thanks!

The best,
                Fisherman

Comment

• I agree with Raymond Chandler and would vote for the Julia Wallace case.

Comment

• I would agree with Chandler, at least as far as single murders go.

Stan Reid

Comment

G'day Stan

Zodiac is safe, Dahlia should watch out!

Comment

G'day Stan

Yes if I recall, he's 2 votes behind her.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It seems like we are getting a new Zodiac suspect every couple of weeks now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The 50th anniversary of Thames Nudes still isn't adding much to that total.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The 50th for Zodiac (as well as Bible John) and the 100th for N.O. Axeman are up in a few years now.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Case of Most interest besides JTR Poll

I've never heard of Georgina Moore nor the Ham Vanishings. In a book about unsolved crimes,maybe it was the book by Jay Robert Nash or someone else, there was the Toledo Clubber. Some man attacked women who where coming home after getting off the street car in Toledo,Ohio. Very few places mention it.
                                And even more obscure killer is Jacob Kell of Wenden ,Arizona.He killed his parents and several others.There is a website Jacob Kell,which shows a photo of a car with two blanket draped corpses and a couple of men,one pointing to the body.He killed the occupants. Supposedly after killing his parents,Jacob Kell was seen going to a neighbors home with his 10 year old sister slung over his shoulder by a witness. The person who has the site said they are trying to find out more on the case, but information on the case is very sketchy.Locals really don't talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X