Anthrax Case Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    Although things like poisonous snakes and spiders have been used in attempts to commit murder
    The Robert James Case probably being the most famous example.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I would expect that mailing venomous animals would be pretty ineffective since there would be a substantial chance that they would perish before they arrived.

Stan Reid

Comment

"How ingenious Holmes..."

"Venom entry my dear Watson"

I'll grab me coat on the way out...

Dave

Comment

I don't know what the lifespan is of an anthrax spore is but I imagine it's substantial.

Stan Reid

Comment

Sorry Stan but I couldn't altogether resist a spore life expectancy crack!

Happy New Year

Dave

Comment

Hi Stan

Anthrax Island was used for testing and was out of action for 50 years until a clean up was attempted

Anthrax spores found in an archaeological site were still viable after being buried for hundreds of years

They are not only persistant, but resistant to heat, UV, freezing etc

Comment

Happy New Year Dave

Thanks Nemo

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                  Anthrax Island was used for testing and was out of action for 50 years until a clean up was attempted
                  That was supposedly a more virulent strain than the one used in Amerithrax. Reportedly, it killed the doctor who discovered it.

Stan Reid

Comment

I believe it was the Vollum strain that was used on Anthrax Island.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The Ames strain looks like it's virulent enough.

Stan Reid

Comment

• This recent ricin case shows the danger of jumping to conclusions.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I don't know if there have been any successful murders with ricin other than Markov and it was injected into his blood stream in that case.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                            I don't know if there have been any successful murders with ricin other than Markov and it was injected into his blood stream in that case.
                            Actually the ricin was in a small pellet that was shot into him with a special micro caliber BB gun.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan

Are you referring to the ricin being sent though the post recently?

The woman being arrested after trying to blame her husband for the letters?

I would have expected more ricin murders throughout history because of the ease of manufacture and lethal effects in small doses

I wonder if it's been used but went undetected

Comment

• Yes Nemo, that's the one I was referring to. You could be correct that some ricin killings might have gone undetected.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X