Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    It has nothing to do with laws. It has to do with morals, character and I didn't say we prayed for trump did I? We prayed for our new president. If Hillary won we would have been praying for her. We have a prayers of the people part of our service where we pray for a whole set of people. The needy, the sick, people in prison, our church leaders, people serving overseas etc.

This being thanksgiving season we also focus on all that we have to be thankful for.

Not using it to publicly whine like some petty sore loser.

Like I said sad. And sad that members here perpetuate this childish petty nonsense. We get it your side lost and you don't like it. Now grow up and if you really care about it get off your lazy ass and do something constructive and positive.
    Ummm my side???

I'm in Australia, so don't have a dog in this fight, if anything I'd probably be described as right wing, though I swing both ways.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• My biggest problem is you critique one church (quoting separation of Church and State) for what you interpret as a shot at Trump. But then say your church prayed for him, though you say you didn't pray for him but for the new President, and unless our media down here as BSing us, he is the new President.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Ummm my side???

I'm in Australia, so don't have a dog in this fight, if anything I'd probably be described as right wing, though I swing both ways.
        Sorry. I knew that. I wasn't clear, that last paragraph was meant for people in general who's side lost.

When you say swing both ways, I take it you mean politically?
        As I've mentioned before I'm kind of similar.
        "Is all that we see or seem
        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
          My biggest problem is you critique one church (quoting separation of Church and State) for what you interpret as a shot at Trump. But then say your church prayed for him, though you say you didn't pray for him but for the new President, and unless our media down here as BSing us, he is the new President.
          We prayed for the new president. If it was Hillary we would have done the same.

please tell me you understand the difference. It's a concept, the presidency. Whoever it is. Neutral. Hoping our leader does well and makes the right decisions.

Now re that church's sign. How do you think a member of that church feels who's republican? Not that great and not a member for long I would imagine.
          So I wonder if that church is only made up of people who are all one politcal flavor and who openly push a politcal agenda?

I would say that church has got it all messed up.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

So I wonder if that church is only made up of people who are all one politcal flavor and who openly push a politcal agenda?
            Hyannis is pretty much on the east coast.

During the election it was reported that most of the coastal US was typically Democrat, while the inland states predominantly Republican.
            So maybe therein lies your answer.

What concerns me, even in Canada is, who Trump is picking for his top decision makers, quite a rogues gallery from what I see.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

During the election it was reported that most of the coastal US was typically Democrat, while the inland states predominantly Republican.

What concerns me, even in Canada is, who Trump is picking for his top decision makers, quite a rogues gallery from what I see.
              Lol. Rogues gallery. That's funny. A regular motley crew! Beleive me I'm not jazzed about a lot of them either but their boys Scouts compared to the master machivellians that are getting the boot.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                We are getting ready for Thanksgiving here in the United States. Here's a church sign in Hyannis, Massachusetts.

The thing which impresses me the most with this image, is that it comes from a local Baptist church who has been part of the main Bible belt of the USA and traditionally pro-republican (including in favour of Bush Jr). It seems to indicate the distance between the GOP and Trump.

Did those who now 'pray' for the elected president ever seen significant changes in their society since George Washinton as a direct result of their prayers? Or is it that these changes had been rather imposed upon those who came after him, if they wanted to be re-elected?

Hell, I've been praying for the Canadians for them to win the Stanley Cup for years now like many Canadians did. But a lousy team remains a lousy team. How could it suddenly become different with one additional lousy president in your country?

Send me your money and I'll give you an hour of prayers in favor of your president for each dollar you give me. Hell, I'll even Youtube whatever your damn prayer may say for fiscal benefits you may require.

Cheers,
                Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

To me that's the big issue, who he surrounds himself with.
                  G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
                    The thing which impresses me the most with this image, is that it comes from a local Baptist church who has been part of the main Bible belt of the USA and traditionally pro-republican (including in favour of Bush Jr). It seems to indicate the distance between the GOP and Trump.

Did those who now 'pray' for the elected president ever seen significant changes in their society since George Washinton as a direct result of their prayers? Or is it that these changes had been rather imposed upon those who came after him, if they wanted to be re-elected?

Hell, I've been praying for the Canadians for them to win the Stanley Cup for years now like many Canadians did. But a lousy team remains a lousy team. How could it suddenly become different with one additional lousy president in your country?

Send me your money and I'll give you an hour of prayers in favor of your president for each dollar you give me. Hell, I'll even Youtube whatever your damn prayer may say for fiscal benefits you may require.

Cheers,
                    Hercule Poirot
                    I'll think about your offer Hercule. Possibly I'll get my money exchanged first and send it to you in Canadian money (which may end up being more valuable). '

Cheers (and congratulations on getting Trudeau's son).

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                      I'll think about your offer Hercule. Possibly I'll get my money exchanged first and send it to you in Canadian money (which may end up being more valuable). '

Cheers (and congratulations on getting Trudeau's son).

Jeff
                      I must warn you that I don't accept Canadian Tire money no more. LOL
                      Cheers,
                      hercule

Comment

• Of Course, Trump is currently only the President Elect. In fact, technically he doesn't even have that status because, under the American system, the people dont vote for a president but for electors; it is the Electoral College that then elects the President and they haven't voted yet.

In fact, there is an online petition to encourage "faithless electors", i.e. calling on Republican electors pledged to Trump to vote instead for Clinton: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elec...-trump-n686511

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
                          Hi Caz,

South West coast eh?

I've been lucky enough to visit many countries around the world, on different continents, and in the process seen a few of what are generally deemed to be wonders of the world.

But, of all the places I've ever been, the ones that I enjoyed most and think most fondly of, are my home County Durham, the North East coast, North Yorkshire coast, e.g. Staithes and Whitby; but most of all Cornwall.

Not sure if you're in Cornwall, but assuming you are then that's very fortunate, or good planning depending upon point of view. What an outstanding place.
                          Hi FM,

I'm in the next county along - Devon. The coastline here has been designated as an area of outstanding natural beauty. Mind you, it wasn't that beautiful today, with strong winds and torrential rain.

I suppose we'd better let 'em get back to Trump.

Love,

Caz
                          X
                          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

It has nothing to do with laws. It has to do with morals, character and I didn't say we prayed for trump did I? We prayed for our new president. If Hillary won we would have been praying for her. We have a prayers of the people part of our service where we pray for a whole set of people. The needy, the sick, people in prison, our church leaders, people serving overseas etc.

This being thanksgiving season we also focus on all that we have to be thankful for.

Not using it to publicly whine like some petty sore loser.

Like I said sad. And sad that members here perpetuate this childish petty nonsense. We get it your side lost and you don't like it. Now grow up and if you really care about it get off your lazy ass and do something constructive and positive.
                            Ooh sorry Abby, but I just have to jump in here. Is praying for the president seriously seen as doing something 'constructive and positive' in your community? I think I've heard it all now.

Love,

Caz
                            X

Comment

We prayed for the new president. If it was Hillary we would have done the same.

please tell me you understand the difference. It's a concept, the presidency. Whoever it is. Neutral. Hoping our leader does well and makes the right decisions.

Now re that church's sign. How do you think a member of that church feels who's republican? Not that great and not a member for long I would imagine.

I would say that church has got it all messed up.
                              Hi again Abby,

By 'the right decisions', do you mean that if God hears your prayers He will intervene and stop Trump doing anything really terrible for your country?

The reason I find this a trifle worrying is that it reminds me of when Bush and Blair justified going to war in the Middle East by saying they had God on their side so they must be doing the right thing! If members of any other religion used that kind of argument for aggression of any kind (not naming the obvious one) it would give people the screaming abdabs.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                                Ooh sorry Abby, but I just have to jump in here. Is praying for the president seriously seen as doing something 'constructive and positive' in your community? I think I've heard it all now.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                whats not positive about wishing and hoping good will on someone?
                                And along with it we do a lot more too like donate thousands to charity, give our time and money to the poor and needy etc., but if you want to make that out somehow to be a negative well then I guess "Ive heard it all!"

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X