Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
    I can put my hand on my heart and say I'm the sort of person who would sit at a bar and in the event a transvestite walked in I would have a chat with him/her providing that person had something interesting to say. And, I wouldn't care what anyone else thought about it.
    Bully for you, you patronising git! If you had anything interesting to say, the tranny might chat with you.

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Hello Caz,

I remember walking into a bar and chatting with you... 😉

And most enjoyable it was ☺

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
        Christ, I thought the term: "how's yer father" died with 1950s England.
        I come from 1950s England, FM. Born in 1954.

Whenever I read your posts, Caz, I think of someone in the Women's Institute making jam, deriding town folk and dodging a series of small, plastic union jacks on a line. Probably drinking sherry and usually serving up cakes for the visiting cricket team from nearby Swath-cum-Grimeswain in some Herefordshire idyll.

Not like us Northerners from the industrial heartlands, Caz, where cakes and jam remain outside of the bounds of our rationing cards.
        Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.

But I wouldn't dream of making jam (my mother did - the most mouthwatering bramble jelly you ever tasted, the blackberries collected by yours truly on Wimbledon Common) or going within a million miles of the WI. Not sure what you mean by 'deriding town folk' - I only lived away from a town once, in the 1970s, and couldn't wait to get back into 'the smoke'. Do you mean union flags? I only dodge the ones that permanently adorn the homes of identity-challenged Brits. I do like sherry, though (even the cooking variety) and enjoy watching cricket at the local club in the summer, sipping something cold, while others serve up the cakes and scoff them. What little I have seen of Herefordshire is quite nice, but not really my cup of tea.

I quite like Northerners, even the ones with chips on their shoulders the size of Hebburn. I might even chat with one in a bar if they had something interesting to say, as their accents are adorable. I'm tolerant like that.

Love,

Caz
        X

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          Hello Caz,

I remember walking into a bar and chatting with you... 😉

And most enjoyable it was ☺

Phil
          I remember it well, Phil. Most enjoyable sums it up.

Come on the blues!

Love,

Caz
          X

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
            Yep. That's the one.
            LOL.Thanks! not sure how you get that from hows your father though. strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
              From http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/255.html

how's your father?

catchphrase associated with the British music-hall comedian Harry Tate (1872-1940). Apparently, he would exclaim it as a way of changing the subject and in order to get out of a difficult situation. The phrase either subsequently or simultaneously took on a life of its own meaning the same as a 'thingummy' or anything the speaker did not wish to name. From that, in phrases like 'indulging in a spot of how's-your-father', it became a euphemism for sexual activity.

From Dictionary of Catchphrases by Nigel Rees

On Harry Tate: http://www.rfwilmut.clara.net/musichll/xtate.html

July 4, 1872 was the birthdate of Harry Tate (Ronald McDonald Hutchinson), star of the British music hall, who also made some tours of America and Australia. His stage name was taken from his forme…

Also see "The surprising history of "'How’s your father'" by Dot Wordsworth in The Spectator: http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/t...s-your-father/
              Thanks Chris!
              I'm always fascinated by word/phrase history!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                LOL.Thanks! not sure how you get that from hows your father though. strange.
                Because fathers would guard their daughters honour, wicked suitors would innocently ask the girl how`s yer father, meaning is it all clear, or he is in ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  How about

"how's ya mother's ducks?"

Popular down here in the 70s, I guess it was.
                  when I was growing up in the 70's the term most used was getting "a piece of ass." I was actually quite confused as a kid when I first heard it and what it meant as you could imagine.LOL.

then in high school we called it "scrumping."
                  not sure where that came from though.

in college it was "getting laid". another one that makes no sense.

The most common term for it in the US for the longest time and still is to some extant, mainly with the older generation, is "sleeping" with someone.

I had actually never heard the term before and a friend asked me how an evening went with a girl by asking me-"did you sleep with her?"

confused I responded-"no, we ****ed all night!"

we had a good laugh at that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                    Because fathers would guard their daughters honour, wicked suitors would innocently ask the girl how`s yer father, meaning is it all clear, or he is in ?
                    got it! LOL. sneaky bastards!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      got it! LOL. sneaky bastards!
                      Yes, we are ;-)

Comment

• Comment

• Washington Post says key figures "purged" from Trump insider circle.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            Washington Post says key figures "purged" from Trump insider circle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...homepage/story
                            The word is that individuals in the transition team close to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie have been purged now that former officials who had worked for Christie have been found guilty in the George Washington Bridge closure case.

I find it interesting to note that Christie and his people have suddenly become persona non grata over "Bridgegate" while it is quite alright having someone like Steve Bannon with ties to the white supremacists still working for Trump.
                            Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 11-16-2016, 09:57 AM.
                            Christopher T. George
                            Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                            just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                            For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                            RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
                              The word is that individuals in the transition team close to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie have been purged now that former officials who had worked for Christie have been found guilty in the George Washington Bridge closure case.

I find it interesting to note that Christie and his people have suddenly become persona non grata over "Bridgegate" while it is quite alright having someone like Steve Bannon with ties to the white supremacists still working for Trump.
                              Hi Chris,

The New York Times today said that Christie's removal (and the purging of his people from the Trump team) actually may not have to do with "Bridgegate". Trump's son-in-law has a grudge against the New Jersey Governor - when Christie was doing his job as a prosecutor properly (supposedly) he successfully prosecuted the son-in-law's father, and sent him to prison. That may be why Christie is persona non grata with Trump.

Doesn't pay much to the individual who gets on the wrong side of the Trump family, does it?

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                                Hi Chris,

The New York Times today said that Christie's removal (and the purging of his people from the Trump team) actually may not have to do with "Bridgegate". Trump's son-in-law has a grudge against the New Jersey Governor - when Christie was doing his job as a prosecutor properly (supposedly) he successfully prosecuted the son-in-law's father, and sent him to prison. That may be why Christie is persona non grata with Trump.

Doesn't pay much to the individual who gets on the wrong side of the Trump family, does it?

Jeff
                                Yes, thanks, Jeff. I am aware of the Jared Kushner aspect and the story of Christie's prosecution of the father.
                                Christopher T. George
                                Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                                just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                                For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                                RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Working...
                                X