Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
    Not sure - but if next November I don't like results I might contact you about what living in Australia is like.

Jeff
    I can answer that now it's fantastic.

The only other place I'd even consider is NZ.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• And Katich (sp.) has now pulled the plug.

So as I understand it Trump is now the Republican candidate, who'll be his running mate?
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Ben Carson's been mentioned! If I were him I'd get someone friendly who understands the political process inside out, because Donald needs all the help he can get!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
          Ben Carson's been mentioned! If I were him I'd get someone friendly who understands the political process inside out, because Donald needs all the help he can get!
          That'd be interesting.

I know a bit about Carson, lost a lot of respect for him during the campaign, be real disappointed if he teams up with Trump.
          G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
            This is one Democrat who won't vote for Trump (despite my reluctance to support Hilary)... but you may be right. Thing is, despite some folks on forums who say they like Trump's ideas, I haven't yet encountered anyone who admits to wanting him to win. If he DOES win, it will be as "The Ugly American" personified.
            I most assuredly want Trump to win, and I think that he probably will. He would be, I think, one of the best American Presidents ever, and certainly the best since Kennedy. It's a measure of how much we have lost as a society that the idea of a POTUS asserting American Exceptionalism is seen as a potential source of embarassment.

So far as VP, I'm predicting either Jeff Sessions, or else John Bolton. Dr. Carson is a very nice man, but really showed himself somewhat lacking during the debates.
            - Ginger

Comment

• I think its going to be close. Currently in most polls Clinton has a very slim lead but latest I saw was only +2 or 3 (in most polls that is. NBC gives Clinton +7 and another +11) can vanish very quickly and it's still a long way to November.
              I'm guessing he's going to go for an establishment VP, though going Kasich wouldn't surprise me.
              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                I most assuredly want Trump to win, and I think that he probably will. He would be, I think, one of the best American Presidents ever, and certainly the best since Kennedy. It's a measure of how much we have lost as a society that the idea of a POTUS asserting American Exceptionalism is seen as a potential source of embarassment.

So far as VP, I'm predicting either Jeff Sessions, or else John Bolton. Dr. Carson is a very nice man, but really showed himself somewhat lacking during the debates.
                Wow! Placing Trump in the same league as Kennedy, in terms of best President? Never thought someone would come up with that sort of comparison!!

Respectfully,
                Hercule Poirot

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
                  Wow! Placing Trump in the same league as Kennedy, in terms of best President? Never thought someone would come up with that sort of comparison!!

Respectfully,
                  Hercule Poirot
                  Only way I can see that comparison is that both Kennedy and Trump had very wealthy fathers. But so did G. H. W. Bush and G. W. Bush, and F. D. R. and Hoover were both millionaires (F.D.R. by inheritance). The last time we had a President that people felt was a loudmouth was Andrew Johnson, usually thought of as one of our worst Presidents.

Jeff

Comment

• Teddy Roosevelt was very gung ho and media savvy and flamboyant, wasn't he? (I'm not suggesting he and Donald have much in common otherwise!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                      Teddy Roosevelt was very gung ho and media savvy and flamboyant, wasn't he? (I'm not suggesting he and Donald have much in common otherwise!)
                      Yes he was, but he spent a lifetime (from 1882 - 1919) as a politician and office holder (NYS assemblyman, candidate for Mayor of New York City, Civil Service Commissioner, NYC Police Commissioner, Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Governor of New York, Vice President, President). He also found time to be a naturalist, author, historian, and soldier And the Donald? No political experience, just a huge ego and a large mouth. Managed to worm out of serving in the Vietnam War (and not because of ethical rejections about the war - he's a damned physical coward). He claims to be a master of "the art of the deal". He's had about 4 to 6 bankruptcies, leaving those unfortunate enough to be his partners holding the debts. In short he's a swindling crook and a poseur.

Jeff

Comment

• Well you won't get an argument from me about Mr Trump's failings. I believe that Hillary will win the general election. The only road bump that I can see against such a thing happening is the chance of her being indicted in criminal proceedings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                          Isn't John Kasich still in the running? I thought he beat Cruz's numbers recently. I wonder if the GOP is hoping to slip him onto the ballot instead?

Not that it matters. Hilary will become first Den Mother, eventually.
                          no he dropped.

Its either going to be Rubio or Palin (or another woman) as vp.

Hillary is going to be indicted or at least censured and she will be done.

its going to be Trump vs Sanders

Comment

• I only ever saw my Dad scared once.
                            It was in 1964 when Barry Goldwater took on LBJ for the presidency.
                            My Dad thought that if he got elected there was a very real chance that Goldwater would push the nuclear button.

I feel the same about Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              I only ever saw my Dad scared once.
                              It was in 1964 when Barry Goldwater took on LBJ for the presidency.
                              My Dad thought that if he got elected there was a very real chance that Goldwater would push the nuclear button.

I feel the same about Trump.
                              Hi Barn
                              I hear ya.

The silver lining/hope is that as a successful executive Trump knows how to find good people to help run things. if he becomes president, hopefully this is what he will do with his advisors and surround himself with experienced calm professionals who will temper his brashness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                Hi Barn
                                I hear ya.

The silver lining/hope is that as a successful executive Trump knows how to find good people to help run things. if he becomes president, hopefully this is what he will do with his advisors and surround himself with experienced calm professionals who will temper his brashness.
                                I hope so Abby, I really do.

Comment

Working...
                                X