No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wanna lay odds he goes for Rand Paul as vice president?
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Going for a clown as President, USA should add a clown VP. To bad that Freddie the Freeloader isn't alive. he would have been perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        no he dropped.

Its either going to be Rubio or Palin (or another woman) as vp.

Hillary is going to be indicted or at least censured and she will be done.

its going to be Trump vs Sanders
        Actually, I hope he bungles the "hiring" of his Veep. He has both Palin and Christy (who is a dead duck if he runs for Governor of New Jersey for a third term next year due to his bullying and that "Bridgegate" Scandal) salivating for the second slot due to supporting him in the last four months. Both can't be Vice President, and even cabinet would be too little to them (given they were potential candidates even though Palin did not formally run this year). He choose either, and even they "support" him he's made an enemy. Moreover, neither has real contacts on Capitol Hill like he needs.

I don't think Rand Paul can run with him - their fiscal ideas are not the same.

Jeff

Comment

• Two different cartoonists' views of what will transpire in the next few months here in the USA.

Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
            Actually, I hope he bungles the "hiring" of his Veep. He has both Palin and Christy (who is a dead duck if he runs for Governor of New Jersey for a third term next year due to his bullying and that "Bridgegate" Scandal) salivating for the second slot due to supporting him in the last four months. Both can't be Vice President, and even cabinet would be too little to them (given they were potential candidates even though Palin did not formally run this year). He choose either, and even they "support" him he's made an enemy. Moreover, neither has real contacts on Capitol Hill like he needs.

Jeff
            Hi Jeff

What about Chris Christie for Attorney General in a Trump Administration? Most of what Christie said during the GOP debates was bragging about what he did as a Federal Prosecutor.

Best regards

Chris
            Christopher T. George

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
              Hi Jeff

What about Chris Christie for Attorney General in a Trump Administration? Most of what Christie said during the GOP debates was bragging about what he did as a Federal Prosecutor.

Best regards

Chris
              Yeah, Chris, he did - but I bet he really wants the Veep spot (as does Palin). But Trump has to be elected first to get to appointing cabinet spots - and in the months till November, even if he promises anyone a slot he'll have to condition it (or they will, if he insists he wins from the git go) on beating Hillary.

Ironically, had Fioirina not grabbed at Cruz picking her as a running mate, Trump would possibly have looked at her direction because both are business people and have similar drives. Besides, Palin was such a laughing stock in 2008 she helped torpedo McCain's chances.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff
                The problem is, he knows he needs a legislator for VP. So Palin and Christy are out, as is Carson. Cruz would be a bad choice, and likely wouldn't do it. So his choices have to be focused on the legislature. Ryan is needed where he is, so theres no way they tap him for VP, and as far as name power goes, which Trump needs, that leaves Rand Paul. Who is idealistically flexible enough and power hungry enough for the job. Never mind how badly Paul wants to beat Ryan at something. So I think it's Paul. Which is very very bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                  The problem is, he knows he needs a legislator for VP. So Palin and Christy are out, as is Carson. Cruz would be a bad choice, and likely wouldn't do it. So his choices have to be focused on the legislature. Ryan is needed where he is, so theres no way they tap him for VP, and as far as name power goes, which Trump needs, that leaves Rand Paul. Who is idealistically flexible enough and power hungry enough for the job. Never mind how badly Paul wants to beat Ryan at something. So I think it's Paul. Which is very very bad.
                  Tragically you may be right.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                    I only ever saw my Dad scared once.
                    It was in 1964 when Barry Goldwater took on LBJ for the presidency.
                    My Dad thought that if he got elected there was a very real chance that Goldwater would push the nuclear button.

I feel the same about Trump.
                    My parents were uneasy about Goldwater, too, as I recall.

Re Trump, I'm glad my father isn't alive to see this now. He was disgusted that an "actor" like Ronald Reagan could be elected President of our country-- what would he think of a "reality show star" having the opportunity?

Seriously, I don't know if Trump will start another war or return to non-interventionism.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                      If Trump were really smart he would reach out and ask Bernie Sanders to be his running mate.. before you all laugh think about this.. Trump and Sanders are the "same".. "outsiders" wont take money from special interests... they are essentially running the same campaigns... scary to think about but it's true...and remember, Sanders is NOT a democrat.. has always been an independent... that could split off even more Dems from Clinton...

I can't see Trump going after any of the folks than ran against him... and Palin would just guarantee a loss

Steadmund Brand
                      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Tragically you may be right.

Jeff
                        Tragic indeed. Especially given how comically bad Rand Paul is at being a legislator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                          If Trump were really smart he would reach out and ask Bernie Sanders to be his running mate.
                          I don't think it's going to happen, but I would love to see that!
                          - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post

If Trump were really smart he would reach out and ask Bernie Sanders to be his running mate.. before you all laugh think about this.. Trump and Sanders are the "same".. "outsiders" wont take money from special interests... they are essentially running the same campaigns... scary to think about but it's true...and remember, Sanders is NOT a democrat.. has always been an independent... that could split off even more Dems from Clinton...

I can't see Trump going after any of the folks than ran against him... and Palin would just guarantee a loss

Steadmund Brand
                            Hopefully Trump is bright enough not to pick Palin, the pick of whome would guarantee defeat when combined with his own negative numbers. Sanders would be an interesting choice but Bernie would probably refuse if asked. My hunch, just as Trump hinted, is that his VP pick will be a Republican with substantial legislative experience. I'm betting on Kasich, if he can be persuaded to do it, or else Gingrich.

Best regards

Chris
                            Christopher T. George

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                              I only ever saw my Dad scared once.
                              It was in 1964 when Barry Goldwater took on LBJ for the presidency.
                              My Dad thought that if he got elected there was a very real chance that Goldwater would push the nuclear button.

I feel the same about Trump.
                              Good thing LBJ won otherwise we might have gotten into a war.
                              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The woman vs the misogynist?

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post

Steadmund Brand
                                Hi, Steady-- interesting idea about "our comrade Bernie", as Trump called him once, but unlikely to happen.

Re Palin, I agree, and don't think Trump would ever want a female running mate. Her only purpose would be to be a straight gal for his misogynist jokes, especially if she remains her old loud-mouthed self.

Maybe-- if there are TWO Donald Trumps (the level-headed businessman, and the obnoxious idiot)-- maybe he can be his own running mate!
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X