Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Arrested for Filming Fatal Car Crash Instead of Helping Victims

c.d.

What a swell guy. Too bad they don't have tarring and feathering anymore.

c.d.

Comment

What a piece of $hit.
      Best Wishes,
      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Admittedly, the man's an unspeakable dick, but I do wonder how he was supposed to know that the vehicle was a crime scene? Had the police put up crime scene tape? Did he stay in the area after the police told him to leave?

Also, Detective Sivert pretty much admitted there that they charged him from a sense of personal animosity rather than to impartially uphold the law.

I'm going to bet he'll get off scot-free at the very least, and win substantial money if he's lucky and can find a good lawyer who will represent him.
        - Ginger

Comment

Not sure which offends me the worst, his behavior in failing to help or being charged over it.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Some strange people in this world.

We had a case here recently where a man was stood on a building contemplating suicide and a gang of idiots were below telling him to jump, and they were recording it all on their phones. And, I think he did actually jump and killed himself.

Absolute idiots these people.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              Not sure which offends me the worst, his behavior in failing to help or being charged over it.
              I'm okay with them charging him. If he'd stood to the side and filmed it, even zooming in or whatever, then fine. That's his right, though he's an utter dick.

But he opened up their car door and went in to film them in close up. That's breaking and entering as far as I am concerned. Good Samaritans are shielded from any harm they may cause or slightly criminal activity if they are trying to assist in helping. They can enter a burning house to help drag people out. They can't enter a house to film it or steal contents, which as far as I am concerned is what he did.

**** him. Like I said, if he'd just stood on the sidelines, that's one thing. Actually opening the door of the car and getting in the way of people trying to help to make his buck? He should be charged with criminal negligence too as far as I am concerned.

Let all Oz be agreed;
              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Any event in life is grist for the insatiable mill of the Internet, it seems.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                  I'm okay with them charging him. If he'd stood to the side and filmed it, even zooming in or whatever, then fine. That's his right, though he's an utter dick.

But he opened up their car door and went in to film them in close up. That's breaking and entering as far as I am concerned. Good Samaritans are shielded from any harm they may cause or slightly criminal activity if they are trying to assist in helping. They can enter a burning house to help drag people out. They can't enter a house to film it or steal contents, which as far as I am concerned is what he did.

**** him. Like I said, if he'd just stood on the sidelines, that's one thing. Actually opening the door of the car and getting in the way of people trying to help to make his buck? He should be charged with criminal negligence too as far as I am concerned.

I wasn't aware he got in the way of those trying to help. That changes things.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

It is just disgusting.
                    I read elsewhere that they considered what to charge him with, and settled for "interfering at an accident scene", because he had opened the car door prior to the arrival of the first responders, who usually like to take that task on.
                    The police spokesman said there is no law against filming any accident, but they did want to remind people that offering aid and assistance to the injured is encouraged of all citizens.
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                      It is just disgusting.
                      I read elsewhere that they considered what to charge him with, and settled for "interfering at an accident scene", because he had opened the car door prior to the arrival of the first responders, who usually like to take that task on.
                      The police spokesman said there is no law against filming any accident, but they did want to remind people that offering aid and assistance to the injured is encouraged of all citizens.

That's what worries me, they as good as admit that he dd nothing wrong, just didn't do what was right.
                      G U T

Comment

Actually he did do something wrong. It's wrong to open someone's car door and climb inside without their permission. If someone entered my car to film me, I'd shoot them. The fact that they'd been in an accident is irrelevant. He had no right to open the car door and enter their car. Period.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Actually he did do something wrong. It's wrong to open someone's car door and climb inside without their permission. If someone entered my car to film me, I'd shoot them. The fact that they'd been in an accident is irrelevant. He had no right to open the car door and enter their car. Period.
                          But the police basically admit that they only charged him because he didn't try to help and that's what is offensive the law should be applied the same ton everyone if you like what they do or not.
                          G U T

Comment

Because entering someone's property without the shield of the good samaritan law IS what he did wrong. Other people went into their car. The difference is, he committed criminal trespass because motives matter. People who entered to help are shielded by Good Samaritan laws. People who trespass for personal gain are criminals. Motives in what you do actually matter.

That's the difference.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Because entering someone's property without the shield of the good samaritan law IS what he did wrong. Other people went into their car. The difference is, he committed criminal trespass because motives matter. People who entered to help are shielded by Good Samaritan laws. People who trespass for personal gain are criminals. Motives in what you do actually matter.

That's the difference.
                              Absolutely. Opening the car door to help two seriously injured teens is a lot different from from opening it to film their anguish, and possible last moments of life.

The guy said he was trying to make a warning film, not anything "gorey", but I don't buy it. I have heard of websites with "pictures of dead people and accidents and stuff", and I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that's what he intended for it.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------

Comment

Working...
                              X