Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
    Hi GUT,

I know of a decent restaurant where you can get better than average Shepherd's Pie or Chicken Pie (but not a decent steak and kidney pie - as far as I can remember).

Jeff
    Shepherd's pie and Chicken pie are all right a steak and kidne pie's OK but a real pie should be a bit like a steak and kidney pie [not steak and kidney pudding mind you] without the kidney.

So a pastry top and bottom with a filling of meat in gravy either mince meat or chunks of beef, the pastry should be firm enough so you can hold it in one hand and eat it while holding a drink in the other, preferably [though some argue over this] with sauce on top.

Now if you want a fancy one you have it with a scoop of mashed spud on top the mushy peas then gravy, but that needs at least a fork.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      ... And catsup (or Ketchup) is no more "tomato sauce" than "salad dressing" in a British tea-shop is mayonnaise, lol.
      Actually what Americans serve as Ketchup or catsup or however else they spell it is pretty similar to what Aussies and Kiwi's call Tomato sauce, ours is probably a little thicker and not as sweet, but not really a great difference, what American's [or ones I've known anyway] call tomato sauce we call Pasta sauce.

Not a great fan of Wikipedia but they seem to have it pretty close here

Though I also know that in the USA things can be called different things in different areas, as happens perhaps to a lesser degree here.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Actually what Americans serve as Ketchup or catsup or however else they spell it is pretty similar to what Aussies and Kiwi's call Tomato sauce, ours is probably a little thicker and not as sweet, but not really a great difference, what American's [or ones I've known anyway] call tomato sauce we call Pasta sauce.

Not a great fan of Wikipedia but they seem to have it pretty close here

Though I also know that in the USA things can be called different things in different areas, as happens perhaps to a lesser degree here.
        Because we in the USA call things by their proper names... USA USA USA!!!!

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

By the way.. the black jelly beans have hit the shelves here.... so my training for our Olympics has begun!!!! the gold will be mine this time

Steadmund "USA" Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X