It was so cold that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was so cold that...

A photographer in Nantucket caught "frozen" waves off the coast.

A "Slurpee" is a sort of a slushy drink of soda pop or flavoring and ice. These waves are doing a fine impression of them...
    Last edited by Pcdunn; 02-28-2015, 10:35 AM. Reason: Changing the link and adding text
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    A photographer in Nantucket caught "frozen" waves off the coast.

A "Slurpee" is a sort of a slushy drink of soda pop or flavoring and ice. These waves are doing a fine impression of them...
    Brits don't have slurpees? How on earth did you neurologically damage your friends as a kid? With a bat?
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I have no idea if they have Slurpees or not, but it's best to translate strange terms in an international community... And besides, these folks eat beans on toast, bangers and mash, and cheese and pickle sandwiches-- so they're already pretty weird... ��
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

I have no idea if they have Slurpees or not, but it's best to translate strange terms in an international community... And besides, these folks eat beans on toast, bangers and mash, and cheese and pickle sandwiches-- so they're already pretty weird... ��
        Hey I ain't no POM nor even a Yank but I eat all of the above, or have at times, including slurpee's.

Now where you all [both sdes of your pond] seem to miss out is on good stuff like Lamingtons, Tim Tams, Pavlova and Vanilla Slice, go figure
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Hey I ain't no POM nor even a Yank but I eat all of the above, or have at times, including slurpee's.

Now where you all [both sdes of your pond] seem to miss out is on good stuff like Lamingtons, Tim Tams, Pavlova and Vanilla Slice, go figure
          Yeah, GUT, but have you Bakavalaed?
          ---------------
          ---------------

Comment

It's not about weird. It's about chemical warfare.

I don't know about west coast and Yankee kids, but down here, we have Slushies, and we have Slush Puppies. Slush Puppies you make to order. So you half fill it with ice, and put in three times as much of the tartest syrup they have, usually blue. Then you make a regular one. You keep the regular one and pound it down, and your friend doesn't want to look like a baby, so they gulp down on the one that can strip paint. In an hour they still have the freezy headache, chemical burns in their mouth, and are more wired than a Jack Russell Terrier on cocaine.

And then you spend the rest of the evening scaring the crap out of them. Because it's funny, but also because it's rude to return them to their families in that state. You gotta work it out of them before they go home or their mom will call you mom and then you get lectured. But if you ever see an 11 year old vibrating on the ground clutching their chest shouting that they are going to die with a red or blue stain around their mouth... they've been pupped.

Comment

Yeah, GUT, but have you Baklavaed?
              Yep [too sweet for me]

With a name like GUT you think there's much I haven't tried.

And never understood why I can't get a decent meat pie in America or even some beetroot on me burger. My goodness a burger without beetroot what is the world coming to I thought you people invented burgers.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

"Beetroot" wtf??

Yep [too sweet for me]

And never understood why I can't get a decent meat pie in America or even some beetroot on me burger. My goodness a burger without beetroot what is the world coming to I thought you people invented burgers.
                Beets come in cans and jars.

California grows a lot of sugar beets, and make sugar from them.

Whatever "beetroot" is, it does not belong on an American burger. Onion rings, on the other hand... Jalapeños, bacon, cheese... Or on the West Coast, avocados, sprouts, lord knows what.. I like a nice bacon cheeseburger, myself.

I think the Germans invented ground beef, and frankfurters, but Americans invented the hamburger and the "hot dog"... And catsup (or Ketchup) is no more "tomato sauce" than "salad dressing" in a British tea-shop is mayonnaise, lol.
                ---------------
                ---------------

Comment

Errata,
                  There are a number of Tennessee folks on the paranormal forum I post on... You folks all have a wicked sense of humor, lol!
                  ---------------
                  ---------------

Comment

Beetroot is basically your plain beet or table or garden beet, also sometimes called red beet, it is boiled with vinegar and sugar, then sliced and used as a salad vegetable, a burger ain't a burger without beetroot, now all the other things you listed are fine by me too.

Perfect burger

Meat
                    Bacon
                    Egg
                    Cheese [cheddar or blue or pretty much any other sort]
                    Lettuce
                    Tomato
                    Carrot
                    Beetroot [of course]
                    Avocado
                    BBQ sauce
                    Tomato Sauce
                    Mustard Sauce
                    Pineapple
                    Onion [naturally]

If I'm being really wicked a potato scallop or potato cake.

Usually can't fit much more on.

Then to wash it all down, maybe a 2nd one.
                    G U T

Comment

What about a spring roll or a couple of fried dim sims, Gut?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                        What about a spring roll or a couple of fried dim sims, Gut?
                        Don't like dim sims, Springy's are great or a Chiko's my fav in that type of stuff but these ignoramuses would have no idea what that is. Or even a Pluto.

Go to's when I'm no the road and have to eat while I drive.
                        Last edited by GUT; 02-28-2015, 07:04 PM.
                        G U T

Comment

Errata,
                          There are a number of Tennessee folks on the paranormal forum I post on... You folks all have a wicked sense of humor, lol!
                          Our official State Last Words are "Ten bucks says I can!"

Here's the theory. If it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, than the most fun you will ever have is in that split second before someone loses an eye. So the goal is to get as close to losing an eye as possible without actually losing an eye.

And I don't know what the hell is up with us and ghosts. We can rarely be stirred by other phenomena like Chupacabra, Bigfoot, we aren't even that much into aliens, and that is where rednecks have really planted their flag in the supernatural world. But everybody is in graveyards with a date and an EM detector. And relatively speaking we aren't even that haunted. Louisiana, North Carolina, Virginia, lousy with spooks. We got like three. We even have a dead guy on permanent exhibition in our state archives, and the archives can't even produce a little light flicker. It's embarrassing how our dead apparently stay dead. This is the South dammit. We are supposed to RISE. It's like a humiliating spiritual erectile dysfunction problem.

Comment

Yeah, GUT, but have you Bakavalaed?
                            Bakavalaed? Wasn't that an incident in the Crimea during the War of 1854, the "Charge of the Tums Brigade"?

"Half a bite, half a bite, half a bite onward,
                            into the valley of indigestion road the six hundred.
                            Forward the "Tums Brigade" - all of the men dismayed
                            Soon they all whispered - "Our bakers blundered!!"

Comment

Yep [too sweet for me]

Hi GUT,

I know of a decent restaurant where you can get better than average Shepherd's Pie or Chicken Pie (but not a decent steak and kidney pie - as far as I can remember).

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X