No announcement yet.

Irritations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People (Doctors for example) with illegible handwriting. How can anyone learn something as a child, improve with practice and then over the years go into such a reverse that they end up with worse handwriting than when they were a toddler! It’s so disrespectful too. You wouldn’t go into a shop and spout gibberish and expect to be understood and served accordingly so why would someone leave a note for someone that have to spend an age trying to decipher?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Waking up in the dark and going to the loo under the foolish assumption that it’s around 3am. Then when you get back to bed and check your clock it’s 15 minutes before you need to get up!
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Companies that sell cosmetics and toiletries who try to convince people (usually targeting women) that they need to spend huge amounts of cash on products by insisting that you they need to apply more stuff to their faces every day than Van Gogh applied paint to a canvas.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Having to put the clocks back and forward.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Assembly/operating instructions for an item that was made abroad that are written by someone who speaks poor English.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              Having to put the clocks back and forward.
              Putting them back in winter is always nice as you get an extra hour of sleep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Putting them back in winter is always nice as you get an extra hour of sleep!
                Fair point Ms D
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Assembly/operating instructions for an item that was made abroad that are written by someone who speaks poor English.
                  Oh, I make a point of never reading instructions (or recipes or any kind of how-to guide).

It makes life more interesting.

I'm sure that if asked my partner would put "People who refuse to read instructions" near the top of his list of irritations though, as he usually has to dig the instructions out of the bin and re-do whatever unholy mess I've created!

Comment

• I wanted to start a thread for things that I absolutely hate but I thought it perhaps not a good idea. That said I’ll allow myself just one…..

One thing that I absolutely hate. The world is stupidly walking into something that will be the source of untold problems and crimes, death, destruction and misery over the next few years. If I could call an invention evil I certainly would. It should be stopped, completely, permanently and without exception now. PREFERABLY TODAY

I’m talking about AI. I don’t care about whatever benefits might occur. We can do without those ‘benefits.’ AI should be immediately banned. No discussion required. No discussion allowed. No “well er, it might be good for…” No “all precautions will be taken..” I don’t care.

We WILL regret this.

BAN IT
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

That box that comes up about accepting cookies every single time that you visit a website!
                      You'd think common sense would tell these site owners that it is very annoying.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Oh, I make a point of never reading instructions (or recipes or any kind of how-to guide).

It makes life more interesting.

I'm sure that if asked my partner would put "People who refuse to read instructions" near the top of his list of irritations though, as he usually has to dig the instructions out of the bin and re-do whatever unholy mess I've created!
                        Oh, good grief I wonder if every couple is like that.
                        You sound just like my wife, and I'm the same as your partner.
                        She'll empty something out of the packet then stand over the stove pondering how to cook it; microwave, oven, at what temperature and for how long.
                        And I'm telling her to look on the box fer fecks sake.....
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Trying new clothes that are your size, yet don't fit!
                          Made in China!!!!
                          Even the damn shoes, one wonders what shape feet they have over there...
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

You'd think common sense would tell these site owners that it is very annoying.
                            It drives me insane Wick.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                            X