Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Gotta agree with this one.

I once heard their music described as "nursery rhymes for drunks".

Apt I thought!

Edit: I bet Liam is one of those guys who walks about with his hands down his trousers and is always rummaging around in there too. He looks the type.
    A perfect description.

I’ve never understood the appeal. They just seem so average and dull. I don’t mind a bit of rock and roll excess (my favourite band Led Zeppelin, with The Who, virtually invented it) but Liam just comes across as a deeply unpleasant, unlikeable person. And that silly, exaggerated walk. There’s no getting away from the fact that they’re staggeringly popular though. People will sell their offspring for tickets. Give me Van Der Graaf Generator any day.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      This one will be controversial especially today…..Oasis!

I loathe and detest them. The most overrated band in the history of music imo. Someone just described Liam Gallagher on tv as a great frontman and singer. The guy stands there like someone waiting for a bus with his hands behind his back wearing a Mac singing in his annoying whiney voice. He sounds like a fan singing a football song. God I hate Oasis so much.
      I don't mind Oasis however you could never acuse them of being original. They sound like The Beetles mixed with a bit of The Stones.

Comment

A perfect description.

I’ve never understood the appeal. They just seem so average and dull. I don’t mind a bit of rock and roll excess (my favourite band Led Zeppelin, with The Who, virtually invented it) but Liam just comes across as a deeply unpleasant, unlikeable person. And that silly, exaggerated walk. There’s no getting away from the fact that they’re staggeringly popular though. People will sell their offspring for tickets. Give me Van Der Graaf Generator any day.
        Absolutely, I think I said somewhere if they played at my funeral I'd still get up and walk out. Talentless arrogant horrible Mancs... grrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post

I don't mind Oasis however you could never acuse them of being original. They sound like The Beetles mixed with a bit of The Stones.
          Yes, very unoriginal John.

It's their stupid pro-nunc-iatiooooooon that really bugs me.

Someone should sign them up for some elo-cutioooooooon lessons!!!!

Comment

• The continued quest to frame Charles Lechmere for the Ripper murders is an irritation.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
              The continued quest to frame Charles Lechmere for the Ripper murders is an irritation.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• People who can’t use mobile phones properly. The hold them horizontally in front of their faces with the speaker on instead of against their ear. Why? Do they think that everyone needs to know what they are talking about?
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People who can’t use mobile phones properly. The hold them horizontally in front of their faces with the speaker on instead of against their ear. Why? Do they think that everyone needs to know what they are talking about?
                  Presumably they hold the phone in this manner in an attempt to avoid frying their few remaining brain cells from the electromagnetic emissions put out by the phone. Given the mostly inane conversations which one can't but help overhear, they have been unsuccessful in that regard.
                  Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma View Post

Presumably they hold the phone in this manner in an attempt to avoid frying their few remaining brain cells from the electromagnetic emissions put out by the phone. Given the mostly inane conversations which one can't but help overhear, they have been unsuccessful in that regard.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People who can’t use mobile phones properly. The hold them horizontally in front of their faces with the speaker on instead of against their ear. Why? Do they think that everyone needs to know what they are talking about?
                      In many cases these are people who are walking in town alone. They talk out loud because they are desperate to show they are not 'Billy, no friends'.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Ok. This one really frosts my butt. Those pretentious little **** that take twenty minutes to place their coffee order. "Ill have a double espresso with half skim milk and half soy milk heated to 100 degrees, with two shots of caramel and a little bit of cinnamon and some vanilla." "Oh, and with froth on top."

Annoys the hell out of me because I just take it black and always get these yuppies in front of me.

c.d.

Comment

• Absolutely. I lose the will to live in those places. It takes you so long to get served that you’d be quicker driving home and putting the kettle on. And then when people order food!
                          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• All those useless Youtube video's spreading lies & fake stories about the Royals, William & Kate, and Harry & Megan. Just a bunch of keyboard losers inventing click-bait to make money by spreading false and ridiculous stories.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              All those useless Youtube video's spreading lies & fake stories about Lechmere. Just a bunch of keyboard losers inventing click-bait to make money by spreading false and ridiculous stories.
                              I agree and I've fixed it for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

I agree and I've fixed it for you...
                                I'll have to take your word for it, I've never watched one, never will.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X