No announcement yet.

Irritations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafés that put butter on bacon sandwiches.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Modern slang where a totally random, inappropriate word is substituted for another. Like ‘sick’ or ‘dank’ to mean good. What’s the point of observing any rules of speech? I’d love to go up to someone that uses this kind of speech and say “elephant, understandably, trouser press, sometimes,’ instead of “ hello Tom, happy birthday,” then when they say that they can’t understand you I’d just say that I thought that it was ok to use a language comprising of random words?
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People who say ‘literally’ before things that aren’t literally true.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Jeez, Herlock. Did you get up on the wrong side of bed today?

c.d.

Comment

Stock market "experts" who tell you that the market is experiencing "Goldilocks" conditions and tell you to expect huge returns in the coming months only to be followed the next day by other "experts" who predict immediate worldwide economic collapse.

c.d.

Comment

Rap music. I would rather get a root canal done than listen to that stuff.

Hate on me if you want. I don't care.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                Jeez, Herlock. Did you get up on the wrong side of bed today?

c.d.
                Just a few on my list that I hadn’t posted yet c.d.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Speed bumps, shrink wrapping, cyclists in clusters, and people who leave shopping carts/trolleys in parking spaces.
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

W@nky business speak;

Blue sky thinking
                    Run it up the flagpole
                    Let's circle back
                    Reach out (instead of contact).

All of that stuff.

Just no!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                      W@nky business speak;

Blue sky thinking
                      Run it up the flagpole
                      Let's circle back
                      Reach out (instead of contact).

All of that stuff.

Just no!!!!!!!
                      Definitely. I hate jargon.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People who, when they are about to explain something to do with tech, begin by saying “don’t worry, it’s straightforward stuff.” It never is. Ever.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

TV news services who send a reporter often at a great distance to the site hours after the event ended where a news item occurred so they can do a 'live cross' to where nothing is now happening when the report could as easily have been done from the tv studio.
                          Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                            TV news services who send a reporter often at a great distance to the site hours after the event ended where a news item occurred so they can do a 'live cross' to where nothing is now happening when the report could as easily have been done from the tv studio.
                            Good point Enigma and one that I was going to add to my post about weather reports. On my local TV station they often go over to the guy reporting the weather on a nice day to find that he’s at some local castle, stately home or park for a minute long report. We can all visualise nice weather and how people enjoy it without the ‘in situ’ report. What’s the point?
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People who think that wrestling is real.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Small children getting in the way and generally being a bl00dy nuisance around luggage conveyor belts at airports. As experienced recently, the last thing wanted after a 13 hour flight which had been delayed by almost 3 hours to begin with.
                                There should be a few cages on each conveyor belt for such children and their parents/guardians to be forced into and left to travel round for the rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X