Irritations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Laundry detergent and toilet paper kept under lock and key in the drug store so that you have to find a store employee to get it out for you. I understand it because so many people steal these items but still very, very annoying.

c.d.
    We don’t have that one over here c.d. but it would be annoying if we did.

Do you have toilets over there that you have to pay to use?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Advertising companies that try to convince women that they need to spend around £20 a day on ‘products.’ Creams and lotions etc.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’ve always had a thing about people saying “Small world isn’t it” when realising they have a mutual acquaintance with somebody.
        I’m sure those same people, when chatting with those who have no mutual acquaintances don’t feel the need to say
        “wow, we have no mutual friends, what a huge world we live in”

(I realise this is unique to me, and my particular psychosis)

Comment

Originally posted by Yabs View Post
          I’ve always had a thing about people saying “Small world isn’t it” when realising they have a mutual acquaintance with somebody.
          I’m sure those same people, when chatting with those who have no mutual acquaintances don’t feel the need to say
          “wow, we have no mutual friends, what a huge world we live in”

(I realise this is unique to me, and my particular psychosis)
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People that do insanely dangerous things for ‘fun.’ As far as I’m concerned if you need to hang from a beam with one hand at the top of a 600+ metre skyscraper just to get a bit of meaning into your life then you’re probably insane and possibly a danger to others.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

We don’t have that one over here c.d. but it would be annoying if we did.

Retail theft is rampant. Not only by individuals but also by what they call flash mobs. A group of young teens will run into the store with big garbage bags and basically sweep everything off the shelves and then run out. It has gotten so bad that some stores have had to close.

Do you have toilets over there that you have to pay to use?
              You did see pay toilets occasionally in the past but they have pretty much faded away.

And phone booths where you could pay to make a call are now pretty much non-existent.

c.d.

Comment

You did see pay toilets occasionally in the past but they have pretty much faded away.

And phone booths where you could pay to make a call are now pretty much non-existent.

c.d.
                We still have pay-to-use public toilets but not as many as in days past. There are still a few phone booths but I can’t recall the last time that I saw one being used. Most have probably been vandalised which is a popular pastime these days.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Fare jumpers on the Washington, D.C. Metro System who evade the fare by jumping the gates. Metro estimates that they lose millions of dollars in revenue yearly from this. Their solution was to spend millions of dollars replacing all the old gates with higher ones. A few people still try to jump them or squeeze between the gates or they will wait until someone who has paid is going through the gate and will basically come up behind them and try to exit at the same time.

Annoys the hell out of me because of the huge shortages Metro faces as a result they have to periodically raise fares to make up the deficit. So it is honest people like myself who suffer because of these selfish jerks.

c.d.

Comment

Fare jumpers on the Washington, D.C. Metro System who evade the fare by jumping the gates. Metro estimates that they lose millions of dollars in revenue yearly from this. Their solution was to spend millions of dollars replacing all the old gates with higher ones. A few people still try to jump them or squeeze between the gates or they will wait until someone who has paid is going through the gate and will basically come up behind them and try to exit at the same time.

Annoys the hell out of me because of the huge shortages Metro faces as a result they have to periodically raise fares to make up the deficit. So it is honest people like myself who suffer because of these selfish jerks.

c.d.
                    Couldn’t agree more c.d. We’ve had an issue here recently though where rail companies are going to have to do some serious refunding because some passengers were unfairly fined. I haven’t read into it deeply (and don’t intend to) but one of the problems his apparently due to ticket machines not working. Passengers have obviously needed to get to work and so have taken the train and then attempted to pay on arrival but have ended up getting sizeable fines.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

People who say, or even write, "should of" when they mean "should have".
                      Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

I'm currently irritated by constant spam calls from con people. I have learned to set up a voice mail message on my cell saying I don't answer unlnown numbers, and if this is important, please leave a message and your number to call back.
                        i try to label legitimate businesses in contacts, in case I missed a bill or something.
                        i've read up on common scams and how to recognize specific types of cons by the prefix the number uses.
                        Prize scams, "Publisher Clearing House" prizes, packages that need money sent to be claimed, "Pacs" for electing people to support police, fire, children's charities, good grief!.
                        My phone now says "identified spam" after many of my ignored calls.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I’ve seen a schoolteacher on a tv quiz recently being asked who was PM at the end of WW2 and she said Margaret Thatcher.
                          Well in all fairness it had ended in the 1980s haha

Comment

Well I have over a 100, but here's a few to start with...

1) When a politican says "let me be clear".

2) When there's an TV advert break during an engrossing movie.

3) When a 'celebrity' dies and there's a public outpouring of emotion, for someone who was just a stranger.

4) When a relative of a murder victim gives a TV interview and mentions about "forgiveness," because the TV company wouldn't allow the victim's family to broadcast and openly express the hate and rage they truly felt for the killer.

5) When car companies make cars with "200" Mph on the dashboard gage...but you're not legally allowed to drive any faster than "70" Mph.

6) When you're late for work and running for a train....that you miss, because it has inexplicably left on time.

7) When you've used the bathroom, had a nice hot refreshing shower and then got dressed and ready to leave the house... but then realise you need the bathroom again.

8) When you can't get phone signal in a building in a town, but can get phone signal on a ferry 3 miles off the coast of Algeria.

9) When people vote just for the sake of voting, despite having no idea what they're voting for; all in a bid for so-called "democracy."

10) When "pub talk' threads become more popular than actual "Ripper" threads.

RD
                            Last edited by The Rookie Detective; 08-17-2024, 08:16 AM.
                            "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                              I'm currently irritated by constant spam calls from con people. I have learned to set up a voice mail message on my cell saying I don't answer unlnown numbers, and if this is important, please leave a message and your number to call back.
                              i try to label legitimate businesses in contacts, in case I missed a bill or something.
                              i've read up on common scams and how to recognize specific types of cons by the prefix the number uses.
                              Prize scams, "Publisher Clearing House" prizes, packages that need money sent to be claimed, "Pacs" for electing people to support police, fire, children's charities, good grief!.
                              My phone now says "identified spam" after many of my ignored calls.
                              Yes, spam calls are hugely annoying.

I've developed a highly enjoyable technique for dealing with the compensation claim ones though, which never fails to brighten my day.

When I hear the "I believe you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault", I agree that this is the case and act delighted and relieved to have received the call.

Depending on what mood I'm in, I may go full blown "Thank God you called!!!!" other times I'll play it more lowkey.

I then play along with their script for a while (just randomly making stuff up) until they get to the part where they are asking for details of the "accident".

At this point I turn it round on them and beg THEM inform ME exactly where this accident happened, on what day, who was involved etc.

I tell them that this accident has RUINED my life and owing to the horrific AMNESIA which I suffered as a result, I have no recollection of what happened and this tortures me all day every day.

My husband has left me as he can't cope, my children have been taken into care, I've lost my job.....

I tell them that I am so glad and grateful that they have called, since they clearly hold all this crucial information about the crash which will finally give me answers and put my mind at ease.

Perhaps when I have all this information that they can give me I will be able to rebuild my life.

I then proceed to hysterically bombard them with questions about my life-changing crash until either they hang up or I terminate the call after a final expletive!

Recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                                People who say, or even write, "should of" when they mean "should have".
                                Uuuugghh! Agreed Gazza!

Comment

Working...
                                X