Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the 503rd time...some person thinks THEY'VE solved the case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Before you joined you clearly looked over the site for some time and you can’t fail to have got an impression of the various thoughts and opinions that are held and debated on here. This begs the question why you joined this so-called ‘casebook fanatic group?’ What was your motive? Why join a group to discuss the case with people that you clearly have no time or respect for. If it was simply to discuss your findings/research then you haven’t done that because you haven’t told anyone what they are. Any suggestion that you joined for an exchange of ideas is unlikely because it was only on your second post when you called Jeff naive which showed that you appear to have an issue even when being confronted by someone expressing mild caution at one of your posts; it also calls into question how you would cope/respond to someone questioning your findings. So you haven’t given the impression of someone that copes well with being disagreed with.

Absolutely anyone can come on here and say ‘I’ve solved it.’ We’ve heard it a thousand times before and guess what..no one has so far. If you had the courage of your apparent convictions you would at the very least give some ideas as to your research and theory. Saying ‘I’ve solved it’ impresses no one.

I’ll make a prediction…no book will ever appear.
    Were you not convinced by the guy a few months back and his Masonic connection? He had a photo of a period building! What more convincing do you need?!
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

What's hilarious is that for the first year or so I was on here, everyone thought I was this Pierre guy!?!?

I read through some of Pierre's old posts on various threads and I can see why he ruffled a few feathers.

Did anyone ever find out who Pierre was?!

​​​​​Thinking about it, this thread does feel very Pierresk!
      ​​​​​
      Haha!

RD
      Hi RD,

Definitely a suspicion of Pierre back then, it was all the talk of "data" I think. There's undoubtedly only one Rookie Detective!

Pierre was Kristina Nordqvist, she published her book and put everyone out of their collective years long misery. Alas, the case remains unsolved.
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

Do you remember "Pierre"? The wind-up merchant from a few years ago? I wonder if Pierre has undergone some kind of therapy and has returned as Marilyn...
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Were you not convinced by the guy a few months back and his Masonic connection? He had a photo of a period building! What more convincing do you need?!
          Maybe I’m becoming cynical Al? There’s one over on JTRForums at the moment who I suspect night be soneone that’s posted on here at some point. When they don’t get a standing ovation for solving the case they disappear (or get booted) I miss Dale Lerner, the ‘I’ve proven that Van Gogh was the ripper’ man. Not deterred in the slightest that Van Gogh was penniless in France at the time. It looks like no one’s agreed to publish his book….probably because of a conspiracy of high-up art critics.
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi RD,

Definitely a suspicion of Pierre back then, it was all the talk of "data" I think. There's undoubtedly only one Rookie Detective!

Pierre was Kristina Nordqvist, she published her book and put everyone out of their collective years long misery. Alas, the case remains unsolved.
            Did you get the book Al? I looked online a while ago and couldn’t find it available.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Marilyn
              The casebook fanatic group needs to acknowledge that for some people around the world, it's a dark period of their heritage, and not something that has to be 'solved'.
              How moral. Other than the fact you're on here to write a fiction book where you claim to solve it. I mean, way to respect that "dark period of someone's heritage" by turning it into entertainment. You so noble.

Totally not hypocritical at all.

Let all Oz be agreed;
              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I was just about to say “hands up all those who think that we won’t hear from Marilyn again?” Then I saw the asterisk.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Yes. Although we really appreciate all of you fanatics reporting posts that violate the rules (however acknowledging that the Queen had moved this thread to Pub Talk), sadly Ginger Grant is no longer amongst us.

JM

Comment

A good thing that has sprung from this thread is the wonderful reaffirming of what I already knew; that no matter how much as members we may disagree or dispute others viewpoints on the case, we always do so with a mutual respect and understanding that acts as an integral part of the foundation that forms part of the Ripperology house that is Casebook.

I genuinely felt as though someone was trying to attack that house when they started this thread, and to disrespect Jeff like that was just plain ridiculous and pathetic.

The one thing that we all have in common as Casebook members is that we all love this site.
                    It's like a safehouse for some of the greatest and most knowledgeable minds who genuinely care about what they do and what they bring to the table.

I feel privileged to have a seat at that table...even if it's at the back in the dark and my chair is broke...

What a thread though, got the blood pumping big time!

We love you Jeff!

RD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

This seems a good enough place to ask as my memory is fading fast. Who was the post/thread that claimed he had secret Police files/evidence and strung the community along for months before he revealed his suspect and it was rather a huge anti-climax. I seem to remember the letter 'P' for some reason. It all got very heated and some mud was slung from both sides. Very popcorn worthy though...

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
                        This seems a good enough place to ask as my memory is fading fast. Who was the post/thread that claimed he had secret Police files/evidence and strung the community along for months before he revealed his suspect and it was rather a huge anti-climax. I seem to remember the letter 'P' for some reason. It all got very heated and some mud was slung from both sides. Very popcorn worthy though...
                        Has to be Pierre.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Has to be Pierre.
                          Ah yes so it was, thank you sir.. going to have to go look him up to see what happened to him. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post

Ah yes so it was, thank you sir.. going to have to go look him up to see what happened to him. Thanks.
                            He actually wrote a book Geddy but it looks like it’s no longer available. He was a woman called Kristina Nordqvist.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

I genuinely felt as though someone was trying to attack that house when they started this thread, and to disrespect Jeff like that was just plain ridiculous and pathetic.

RD
                              I have been called far worse things than naive, which I am not sure really even counts as an insult? It was more informative with regards to the poster's intentions though. The tone of the opening post was a pretty strong sign of a troll, and then to jump immediately to making personal comments when someone responds confirmed we had a common garden variety troll in our midst. I didn't expect them to last long, and can't say I am disappointed to have at least that prediction confirmed.
                              ​​​​​

- Jeff

Comment

He actually wrote a book Geddy but it looks like it’s no longer available. He was a woman called Kristina Nordqvist.
                                I do remember the whole episode being rather erm.. not sure how to describe it... erm 'interesting.' The blinkeredness and stubbornness illustrated certainly reminds me of a couple of Lechmere supporters. Apologies over the 'gender' misguidedness... opps.

Comment

Working...
                                X