School Bus Driver Fired for Praying on Bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Bus Driver Fired for Praying on Bus

Intelligent search from Bing makes it easier to quickly find what you’re looking for and rewards you.

c.d.

WTF?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

The driver is quite free to practice his religious beliefs but on his own time. Here he was acting in the capacity of a public school bus driver. He was warned twice yet he continued in his practice.

c.d.

Comment

Turning a captive audience of minors into a prayer meeting--after being told twice that it's not acceptable?

Is there really any question that the guy deserved to lose his job?
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Hello you all!

I agree with Magpie; despite you have to pray, at least you have to have some consideration for your employer and your fellow human beings.

I remember one thing in Finland around the 1980s; an eastern Finnish biology teacher demanded an alternative evolution history with the regular one. His justification; the religious kids get confused.

Still wondering; how about the secular, agnostic and atheist kids then?!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

He can pray for a new job. Way to go Minnesota! Get rid of that nonsense.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
              Turning a captive audience of minors into a prayer meeting--after being told twice that it's not acceptable?

Is there really any question that the guy deserved to lose his job?
              Back when kids were taught to pray they killed a lot less people, did a lot less drugs, and didn't get pregnant so young. Hopefully he made a positive impression on at least one of those kids before he was fired for being a positive role model.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                Back when kids were taught to pray they killed a lot less people, did a lot less drugs, and didn't get pregnant so young. Hopefully he made a positive impression on at least one of those kids before he was fired for being a positive role model.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                Hi Tom.

You may be right about the benefits of prayer, but it's not this bozos place to make that decision for other people's children.

If everything in the story was the same except that instead of prayer, the bus driver was talking about contraception, would you be equally sanguine about his behaviour?
                “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

If this bus driver had handed out condoms to the kids I doubt the ACLU would have said a dammed thing.

There are more broken families now than ever; inner city kids who don't even know who their 'Dad' is, and a higher percentage of juveniles and young adults in our penal systems than ever... and people get bent out of shape over what this guy did?
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

And if the driver had handed out prayer mats, had the kids face East and pray to Allah, how would those who support his actions feel about it?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                      And if the driver had handed out prayer mats, had the kids face East and pray to Allah, how would those who support his actions feel about it?

c.d.
                      Not the same thing. England might have traded their history and chose to become a Muslim country, but America has always been a Christian country. People of other religions have never had a problem with that, only that athiests, and they shouldn't have a say. But I'll say your analogy was far more appropriate than Magpie's bizarre contraception comparison. I don't recall any point in our nation's history where it was okay to give children condoms.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom.

Just so I am clear, as long as it is a CHRISTIAN prayer you are okay with it?

c.d.

Comment

Hello Tom.

Just so I am clear, as long as it is a CHRISTIAN prayer you are okay with it?

c.d.
                          I'm cool with anybody praying anyway they like. But if you're talking about an employee of a public school paid for by my taxes, then yes, only Christian prayer has EVER been acceptable in this country. That's a historical fact, Ceeds. And no harm has ever been caused by it. Indeed much harm has been caused by its banishment. If people actually cared about kids and not about being politically freakin' correct then that's what we should be talking about and not cheering over a good man losing his job because he alone cared about these kids. And in case you didn't know, the schools still have kids put their hand to their heart and say 'One nation under God...' as well they should.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Other people pay taxes as well, Tom. You say only Christian prayer has only been acceptable in this country. I was under the impression that the Constitution gives everyone freedom of religion. Did I miss something?

c.d.

Comment

Other people pay taxes as well, Tom. You say only Christian prayer has only been acceptable in this country. I was under the impression that the Constitution gives everyone freedom of religion. Did I miss something?

c.d.
                              That's not what I said. i said in public schools there's only been open Christian prayer. As for freedom of religion, that apparently went out the window when people became brainwashed to believe that prayer is bad and think it's awesome when a man loses his job over it. The other big religion over here, which is the Jewish faith, would largely agree with me on that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                              X