No announcement yet.

Trump charged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, so I guess you DO hang your hat on these semantics. Does this mean you think it is unlikely that Kilimnik did ANYTHING with the data he was given by Manafort?

And yes, the author is certainly throwing his entire weight behind the Russia Russia Russia hoax in general and while I agree that that we will never know how effective the Russian troll farm really was in 2016, again, this does not disprove or diminish my central charge:

Manafort was working on behalf of the Trump campaign when he shared data with a Russian entity connected well enough so that this information can be used by Russia to interfere on behalf of DJT in the 2016 election. And given Manafort's past experience in that part of the world, he was the right man to facilitate this. Which IMHO is precisely the reason he was hired by Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svensson View Post
      ok, so I guess you DO hang your hat on these semantics. Does this mean you think it is unlikely that Kilimnik did ANYTHING with the data he was given by Manafort?

And yes, the author is certainly throwing his entire weight behind the Russia Russia Russia hoax in general and while I agree that that we will never know how effective the Russian troll farm really was in 2016, again, this does not disprove or diminish my central charge:

Manafort was working on behalf of the Trump campaign when he shared data with a Russian entity connected well enough so that this information can be used by Russia to interfere on behalf of DJT in the 2016 election. And given Manafort's past experience in that part of the world, he was the right man to facilitate this. Which IMHO is precisely the reason he was hired by Trump.
      I don't know what Klimnik did with any data and neither do you. I don't know if this polling data was viewed as particularly important or even if it was even sought after by Russian intelligence. What I do know is that the Russia/Trump collusion has been way exaggerated if not invented for years. We also know that many similar unfounded allegations have been made about team Trump(installation of a private server for communications between Trump and Russia for example). I also recognise much of the vocabulary surrounding witch hunts looking to smear people, words such as ties, links, acquaintances etc. It's all in the intel services/political dirty tricks playbook. I remember 'ties' between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

I will hold out an olive branch. You may be correct that there was collusion. However, I'm as good as certain the actual evidence of collision has been exaggerated(if not falsified) for naked political ends.

Comment

• Matt Taibbi today releasing a bit more info on the targeting of him by the IRS. Nothing to see here folks, just the Feds playing with a straight bat as ever. It seems as if Taibbi is clean, I can only imagine what the authorities would do to the countless Americans who knowingly or unknowingly break the law, or kinda skirt awfully close to breaking the law.

A House Subcommittee investigation reveals new details about my IRS case that should unnerve any journalist, or any American, for that matter

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post

I don't know what Klimnik did with any data and neither do you. I don't know if this polling data was viewed as particularly important or even if it was even sought after by Russian intelligence. What I do know is that the Russia/Trump collusion has been way exaggerated if not invented for years. We also know that many similar unfounded allegations have been made about team Trump(installation of a private server for communications between Trump and Russia for example). I also recognise much of the vocabulary surrounding witch hunts looking to smear people, words such as ties, links, acquaintances etc. It's all in the intel services/political dirty tricks playbook. I remember 'ties' between Saddam and Al Qaeda.

I will hold out an olive branch. You may be correct that there was collusion. However, I'm as good as certain the actual evidence of collision has been exaggerated(if not falsified) for naked political ends.
          olive brnach branch gladfully accepted. In truth, we will never know what influence the 2016 Russian interference had on the elections. Too many key players are either evading the DoJ or have been pardoned for their lying. Regarding the exaggeration, I guess it depends on what your expectations were in the Rusia probe. it is clear that some parts of the media were expecting this issue to bring down the Trump presidency which was always going to be far-fetched. But just because no one got killed or injured in a bomb-throwing incident doesn;t make it ok to throw bombs. I believe the only real tangible "result" (and that word is already a masive stretch IMO) is that presidential compaigns are now required by law to report all contacts they had with foreign nationals.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20969-004-AEB323BC.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	810277

Or do you wanna talk about Jan 6?

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
            Matt Taibbi today releasing a bit more info on the targeting of him by the IRS. Nothing to see here folks, just the Feds playing with a straight bat as ever. It seems as if Taibbi is clean, I can only imagine what the authorities would do to the countless Americans who knowingly or unknowingly break the law, or kinda skirt awfully close to breaking the law.

A House Subcommittee investigation reveals new details about my IRS case that should unnerve any journalist, or any American, for that matter

Look, none of this makes any sense.

Why should the IRS show up at someone's house? To what end? "Sir, we are here to audit your taxes". WHAT?
            What would the IRS usually do when they go to someone's house, presumably unanounced (because they mised him). Or were they announced and Matt agreed a date where he knew he wasn't in?
            And if this was unannounced, why did they chose a day that they whole world knew that Matt Taibi wouldn't be at home? and then again, to what end? Did they leave a note saying "we called today to talk about XYZ but you weren't in. Can you please give inspector soandso a call when you get a chance? Many Thanks"

I agree with you that the whole story is dodgy but I also think that Matt Taibi is not telling us the whole story. Ppresumably so that he can continue to play the victimised sleuth....

Comment

olive brnach branch gladfully accepted. In truth, we will never know what influence the 2016 Russian interference had on the elections. Too many key players are either evading the DoJ or have been pardoned for their lying. Regarding the exaggeration, I guess it depends on what your expectations were in the Rusia probe. it is clear that some parts of the media were expecting this issue to bring down the Trump presidency which was always going to be far-fetched. But just because no one got killed or injured in a bomb-throwing incident doesn;t make it ok to throw bombs. I believe the only real tangible "result" (and that word is already a masive stretch IMO) is that presidential compaigns are now required by law to report all contacts they had with foreign nationals.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20969-004-AEB323BC.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	810277

Or do you wanna talk about Jan 6?
              Yeah, a debate on J6 followed by one on election fortification, then a robust exchange of views on Roe vs Wade! Thanks again for the civil discussion. Though it's probably not entirely over, I expect to have plenty to say on the future Bragg thing, and rumours that the DOJ are about to prosecute Trump on the Mar-a-lago documents case.

Comment

• Isn't that interesting? His comment that he "should've declassified it before" taking it seems to indicate he knows that at least this document was classified. It throws suspicion on DJT's previous statements that he had declassified everything found at Mar-a-Lago.

I've also noted that the documents case investigators are trying to ascertain if the boxes were shifted at Mar-a-Lago one day before the "raid" by government agents looking for them.

Some analyists think these developments are "very bad" for Trump. Time will tell.
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

• Trump Was Taped Discussing Sensitive Document He Had Kept After Leaving Office https://nyti.ms/3qivozN

More details about the recording recently discovered of Trump admitting he had a document related to war in Iran.
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: Audio recording suggests Trump lies.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS: Audio recording suggests Trump lies.
                      Or, as the old movie reporters would shout, STOP THE PRESSES!
                      ---------------
                      ---------------

Comment

• Yesterday during the day, trump's lawyers met with the special councel's team and by some accounts, Jack Smith himself was present during that meeting.

Withing a couple of hours of that meeting finishing, the "Stable Genius" down there in Florida has another one of his numerous public caps-lock meltdowns:

@realDonaldTrump

HOW CAN DOJ POSSIBLY CHARGE ME, WHO DID NOTHING WRONG, WHEN NO OTHER PRESIDENT’S WERE CHARGED, WHEN JOE BIDEN WON’T BE CHARGED FOR ANYTHING, INCLUDING THE FACT THAT HE HAS 1,850 BOXES, MUCH OF IT CLASSIFIED, AND SOME DATING BACK TO HIS SENATE DAY WHEN EVEN DEMOCRAT SENATORS ARE SHOCKED. ALSO, PRESIDENT CLINTON HAD DOCUMENTS, AND WON IN COURT. CROOKED HILLARY DELETED 33,000 EMAILS, MANY CLASSIFIED, AND WASN’T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING CHARGED! ONLY TRUMP - THE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF ALL TIME!

Jun 05, 2023, 6:16 PM

He then goes on to call the DOJ/FBI "Fascists" AND "Marxists" (here we go again with throwing around labels without any understanding of what they mean). At least, he disabled CapsLock....

The Marxists and Fascists in the DOJ & FBI are going after me at a level and speed never seen before in our Country, and I did nothing wrong. Joe Biden kept (keeps) thousand of documents, in many locations, some illegally taken from skiffs while he was a Senator, a big portion of which were classified. He didn’t want to give them back, and still doesn’t. Nothing happens to him, with same reasonable prosecutor who correctly exonerated Mike Pence. I have a much different prosecutor, a Trump hater!

So, Trump's lawyers meet with Jack Smith. Two hours later, Trump is extremely triggered and has another public meltdown. I'm getting my hopes up here for another imminent arrest

Comment

• "THE GREATEST WITCH HUNT OF ALL TIME!​"

I think the mayor of Salem, Ma. will have an opinion on that

Comment

• Prosecutors Tell Trump’s Legal Team He Is a Target of Investigation https://nyti.ms/43viqNQ

It is official: The investigation in the classified documents handling misuse case is nearing its conclusion, and the DOJ is letting Trump know he is likely to be indicted on charges.

Thanks for sharing DJT's so very measured and truthful (sarcasm) reaction to this news. It was quite amusing!
                            ---------------
                            ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                              Trump Was Taped Discussing Sensitive Document He Had Kept After Leaving Office https://nyti.ms/3qivozN

More details about the recording recently discovered of Trump admitting he had a document related to war in Iran.
                              The NYT, of all papers, cheering on the prosecution of a President for such nothings. The same NYT which went to war with the Nixon admin over Daniel Ellsberg and the newspaper's right to print the Pentagon Papers. The world has indeed turned upside down. Biden's DOJ is out on control. Today's print media; All the President's Mice.

Comment

Working...
                              X