Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reread

Hello Jenni. Thanks.

Maybe you had better have another go at my post. It was a remark about ethics--not the nonsense of this thread.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post
      After going through ten pages of mostly nonsense - and the stuff that wasn't nonsense was barely on topic....
      Sally you are dying to say and everyone else is ignoring you. So go on tell.
      Why are the Scotland Yard Crime Museum items almost certainly genuine?

If this is good you could have cut this thread short by 1000 posts, and prevented the ruination of several potential friendships.
      Hi Ed,

Well, I don't know about that - in any respect. I doubt that anything would've cut this thread short: many people obviously have a keen interest and strong views regarding the Marginalia; which are their absolute right to express, given the opportuinity.

From a personal perspective, it would be equally interesting to me if the Marginalia and Crime Museum documents were fakes; because I'd be interested to know how he/she/they did it. I'm qiuite nterested in forgeries.

But anyway, the Crime Museum Documents...

Could you remind me of what your concerns are first? I hope you don't mind - there've been a lot of posts since we last talked about this, and I don't want to miss anything.

As I recall, you question:

Why the memo isn't signed or on headed paper

Why the memo/draft article (can't recall which) uses almost the same phrase as can be seen in one of Jim Swanson's letters

Why the documents were discovered at the back of a filing cabinet - the suggestion being that they may have been planted there.

Just on that last point, could you remind me when you think potential planting of the documents would have taken place? A date range will be sufficient.

If there's anything else, or if I've misconstrued your concerns, let me know.

Comment

• So does anyone have an answer to my question who doesn't want to waste my time with arguments like "sociopaths are the most ethical people of all"!?

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Sally
          You have grievously disappointed me already - I thought you had a ready answer.
          My concern is that these documents play an important role in the authentication of the marginalia and they have not been subject to scrutiny. They have effectively no provenance and have internal aspects which can be held to throw extra suspicion on them.

If they were planted it would have been after 1987.

Comment

• Now see what you've done Sally. You've grievously disappointed Lecherman. Oh the shame!

Let all Oz be agreed;
            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Do you remember when I tried to discuss this before, and you simply said you weren't going to answer the question I had asked you?

I wasn't going to say anything, but that actually made me cry.

Comment

Sally
                My concern is that these documents play an important role in the authentication of the marginalia and they have not been subject to scrutiny. They have effectively no provenance and have internal aspects which can be held to throw extra suspicion on them.

If they were planted it would have been after 1987.
                Ok Ed - thanks, that's helpful.

Devastated as I am to be the subject of your grievous disappointment, it's not that.

As I explained, I wanted to ensure I was fully aware of your concerns first, that's all. It helps to put things into context for me.

I have quite a lot to do today, so bear with me - I'll get back to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                  Now see what you've done Sally. You've grievously disappointed Lecherman. Oh the shame!
                  Oh dear.

Sadly, I think he might be even more disappointed by the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
                    I have quite a lot to do today, so bear with me - I'll get back to you.
                    [my emphasis] ... ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
                      Oh dear.

Sadly, I think he might be even more disappointed by the end of the day.
                      And once more I agree with you, Sally. They are piling up nicely, our agreements!

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

• Chris - I have no recollection of that, then again experience has told me to skim your posts as they tend to be devoid of anything but humourless quips.

Sally - I dont know how I will be able to contain myself.
                        You are such a tease.

Comment

Chris - I have no recollection of that, then again experience has told me to skim your posts as they tend to be devoid of anything but humourless quips.
                          You just don't know what you're missing ...

No, but seriously - I asked you a question, you ignored it, I pointed out that you'd ignored it and that you'd just posted the same stuff you'd posted before, you said did I mean you'd already answered it, I said no you'd just posted the same stuff you'd posted before and not answered it, and I think I gave up at that point. No recollection of that at all? Though to be fair things like that probably happen to you quite a lot.
                          Last edited by Chris; 10-05-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Sally - I dont know how I will be able to contain myself.
                            You are such a tease.
                            Oh, Ed - Surely you realise, it's simply that I crave your attention, of course

Mwah!

Comment

• A Friend to Crime Museum
                              Some time after 1987

Dear Museum

Didn't you get that Donald Swanson article I sent you?
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crime Museum To Friend

Dear Friend

What article?
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend to Crime Museum

You mean you've lost it?! After all the trouble Sandell took - bashing away at one of those clapped-out old typewriters - you know, the ones where the keys keep crossing over - bloody horrible things! And then just when Sandell was getting into his stride, the sodding cat needed feeding - and then someone had to choose that moment to knock at the door - and after all that, you've LOST it?
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crime Museum to Friend

Dear Friend

We have no record of receiving such a document.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend to Crime Museum

Stone me! Well, Sandell will have to do another one.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crime Museum to Friend

Mr Sandell is deceased, sir.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend to Crime Museum

Oh, yeah, I remember that I was careful to make a note that he'd died - I mean, Sandell was careful to make a note that he'd died. Oh well, you've proved that you just can't be trusted with important corroborating documents.
                              I shall have to do Dr Munson's roses next week after all.

Goodbye.

Comment

• Chris
                                if you have such an important question my recommendation is that you type it out with no gratuitous comments before, in the middle or after, so it looks like a question.

If you feel the need to hark back to your younger days watching Rainbow, then you can always post your quips altogether afterwards. That way you won't loose your target audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X