20 memorable epitaphs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 memorable epitaphs.

George Johnson: "Here lies George Johnson, hanged by mistake 1882. He was right, we was wrong, but we strung him up and now he's gone."

People will remember a life well-lived, but a well-written epitaph will render that person unforgettable. Here are 20 of the wittiest and most memorable epitaphs ever written.

Some absolute classics there Sting.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Nice. Reminds me that I need to start thinking of something incredibly witty for my own tombstone....

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        Some absolute classics there Sting.
        Isn't he too busy practicing tantric sex or saving the rainforest or making records with (serial leg-humper) Shaggy to be contributing on our pub talk threads, Herlock??

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-17-20-42-50-082.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	792756

Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
            Nice. Reminds me that I need to start thinking of something incredibly witty for my own tombstone....
            Told the Mrs to get me cremated and dump me in the ocean. With any luck I’ll get a free trip around the world along with all the plastic waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Isn't he too busy practicing tantric sex or saving the rainforest or making records with (serial leg-humper) Shaggy to be contributing on our pub talk threads, Herlock??
              I was thinking “ah, Ms D has mistaken String for Sting.” But it was me that made the error.

Ms D that’s twice I’ve been wrong in the last 5 years! It’s worrying.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I was thinking “ah, Ms D has mistaken String for Sting.” But it was me that made the error.

Ms D that’s twice I’ve been wrong in the last 5 years! It’s worrying.
                Ha! That's like when I come out of work and see a really badly parked car in the car park and think "what idiot has done that", then realise that it's my car, and I left it like that in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Ha! That's like when I come out of work and see a really badly parked car in the car park and think "what idiot has done that", then realise that it's my car, and I left it like that in the morning!
                  I’m always mislaying stuff in the house then finding the offending object in some area where I’d never think of looking because of course I’d never put anything there! But it’s always an object that no one else has the slightest interest in touching or using. “Who put this here?” It never takes much working out who it could only have been.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I’m always mislaying stuff in the house then finding the offending object in some area where I’d never think of looking because of course I’d never put anything there! But it’s always an object that no one else has the slightest interest in touching or using. “Who put this here?” It never takes much working out who it could only have been.
                    Well, I'm glad it's not just me!

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post

Told the Mrs to get me cremated and dump me in the ocean. With any luck I’ll get a free trip around the world along with all the plastic waste.
                      I've always fancied giving Gunther Von Hagens the go-ahead on condition that I'm displayed staring directly at any visitors to the exhibition with my middle fingers raised in a final act of defiance!

It'd make a magnificent centrepiece!

Comment

Working...
                      X