Roe Vs Wade Has Been Overturned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roe Vs Wade Has Been Overturned

The US Supreme Court hears just overturned Roe vs Wade.

The next stage may well be an attempt to ban contraception and ban same sex marriage.

What the hell is happening in America!

You nailed it. Next up, contraception and same-sex marriage.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ju...Dpt?li=BBnb7Kz

c.d.

Comment

Complete and utter madness!

Comment

Completely depressing.

It's like we're going back to the Dark Ages.

Comment

absolute ******* madness-back to the middle ages!?!? I cant beleive this

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            absolute ******* madness-back to the middle ages!?!? I cant beleive this
            Absolutely Abby.

This means that women will no longer be in control of their bodies.

Will we now have women chained to hospital beds to ensure that they give birth????

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Absolutely Abby.

This means that women will no longer be in control of their bodies.

Will we now have women chained to hospital beds to ensure that they give birth????
              Yep, and dying from infections sustained during dodgy backstreet abortions.

Taking away the supply will not mean there is no demand.

I can't believe they've done this.

Well, actually I totally can as it's been in the post for a while, but I'm still utterly disgusted.
              Last edited by Ms Diddles; 06-24-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

A country of contradictions, death penalty, guns pretty much freely available, and stopping abortions.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                  A country of contradictions, death penalty, guns pretty much freely available, and stopping abortions.
                  Absolutely!

That whirring sound you hear are the likes of Tom Paine, Thomas Jefferson et al, spinning in their graves.

Comment

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-...29e58cf8d8a7b0

The Supreme Court continues its run of partisan decisions. Proving what happens when we appoint yes-men who "like beer" as judges instead of people dedicated to the law. Americans, consider following the ACLU, they're posting good information on how protests to breaking news don't need local permits as long as traffic and entrances aren't blocked. Also, know your rights when protesting, walk away if a police officer admits you are not under arrest. If you are arrested, keep silent after asking for a lawyer immediately.
                    As John Barrowman pointed out, this Court only supports one faction of the U.S. population. We, the remainder of the People, must make our wishes known. Women and LGBQTIA+ must March for hard-won rights.
                    Last edited by Pcdunn; 06-24-2022, 08:47 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                      The US is going to the dogs.
                      If your White, Male & barely college educated, America is the place for you.

The next election should be interesting, Nancy Pelosi said that Abortion Rights will be an election issue.
                      I think Joe Biden should warn them, the Supreme Court is also not protected by the Constitution.
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

The US is going to the dogs.
                        If your White, Male & barely college educated, America is the place for you.

The next election should be interesting, Nancy Pelosi said that Abortion Rights will be an election issue.
                        I think Joe Biden should warn them, the Supreme Court is also not protected by the Constitution.
                        Oh Wicker, that's an interesting idea.
                        I hadn't thought of that.

I think that the next USA election will be a civil war, albeit one that's fought, hopefully, via the ballot box.

We live in interesting times, but I can't stop thinking about all those women who be will die at the hands of backstreet abortionists.
                        Last edited by barnflatwyngarde; 06-25-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave
                          A great day for the unborn.
                          At a recent Trump rally, Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) said the ruling was "a great day for white life."

Isn't that more on-point?

Either way, outlawing abortion doesn't make it go away.

Until recently, abortion was illegal in Argentina. Yet government studies revealed there were hundreds of thousands of abortions performed every year--they were just shoved underground, like prohibition shoved alcohol underground.

If you want to eliminate abortion, I suggest promoting sex education and making free contraceptives readily available.

But there are politicians who want to eliminate these, too.

On learning of the Supreme Court ruling, one hairbrained Senator from Texas said "Now do Brown v. The Board of Education!"

The man literally wants to go back to the days of segregation, elsewhere referred to as "apartheid."

Interesting times we live in.

Comment

. At a recent Trump rally, Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) said the ruling was "a great day for white life."
                            . On learning of the Supreme Court ruling, one hairbrained Senator from Texas said "Now do Brown v. The Board of Education!"
                            What’s going on over there? What’s next? An attempt to ban the teaching of evolution in schools? Scary.
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

At a recent Trump rally, Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) said the ruling was "a great day for white life."

Isn't that more on-point?

Either way, outlawing abortion doesn't make it go away.

Until recently, abortion was illegal in Argentina. Yet government studies revealed there were hundreds of thousands of abortions performed every year--they were just shoved underground, like prohibition shoved alcohol underground.

If you want to eliminate abortion, I suggest promoting sex education and making free contraceptives readily available.

But there are politicians who want to eliminate these, too.

On learning of the Supreme Court ruling, one hairbrained Senator from Texas said "Now do Brown v. The Board of Education!"

The man literally wants to go back to the days of segregation, elsewhere referred to as "apartheid."

Interesting times we live in.
                              Good post RJ.

For those who seem unable to recognise the difference between an embryo and a baby, here is an interesting little thought experiment.

A fire breaks out in a hospital, and you can choose to either save a baby or save 6 frozen embryos stored in liquid Nitrogen.

Are the supporters of the overturning of Roe vs Wade honestly saying that they would choose to save the six frozen embryos?

Comment

Working...
                              X