Roe Vs Wade Has Been Overturned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

What’s going on over there? What’s next? An attempt to ban the teaching of evolution in schools? Scary.
    There are already attempts to ban the teaching of evolution in schools with religious conservatives wanting equal time for Intelligent Design. It is an ongoing battle.

c.d.

Comment

What’s going on over there?

That depends on your point of view. Either God has restored the U.S. to its Christian principles upon which it was founded or the religious Taliban has taken over.

And here is another major case decided by the Supreme Court today:

Former coach Joseph Kennedy argued that the Bremerton School District in Washington state violated his religious freedom by telling him he couldn’t pray on the field after games.

So much for separation of church and state. Had the coach hauled out a prayer rug and had the players face Mecca for a prayer to Allah I wonder if those supporting the decision would be so ecstatic.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

There are already attempts to ban the teaching of evolution in schools with religious conservatives wanting equal time for Intelligent Design. It is an ongoing battle.

c.d.
        I misuse of the word ‘intelligent’ id say.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

At a recent Trump rally, Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) said the ruling was "a great day for white life."

Isn't that more on-point?

Either way, outlawing abortion doesn't make it go away.

Until recently, abortion was illegal in Argentina. Yet government studies revealed there were hundreds of thousands of abortions performed every year--they were just shoved underground, like prohibition shoved alcohol underground.

If you want to eliminate abortion, I suggest promoting sex education and making free contraceptives readily available.

But there are politicians who want to eliminate these, too.

On learning of the Supreme Court ruling, one hairbrained Senator from Texas said "Now do Brown v. The Board of Education!"

The man literally wants to go back to the days of segregation, elsewhere referred to as "apartheid."

Interesting times we live in.
          Strangely, this story when posted on Breitbart, had literally no mention of the "white" slip. There's a few dots...where it should be. How bad is it when even Breitbart is denying your quote?

In her defense (ahem), she claims she meant to say 'right to life' and fluffed her lines.

In her defense, she was taken out of context when quoting Adolf Hitler in the past.

The session ended with a truly rousing three word chant of "thank you Trump". You crazy Yanks and your three syllable chants.
          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I misuse of the word ‘intelligent’ id say.
            Yes, if God intelligently created eyes why do so many people need glasses? And if the sun if the exact perfect distance from the earth why do so many people get skin cancer?

The list goes on and on.

c.d.

Comment

What’s going on over there?

That depends on your point of view. Either God has restored the U.S. to its Christian principles upon which it was founded or the religious Taliban has taken over.

And here is another major case decided by the Supreme Court today:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...case-rcna31662

So much for separation of church and state. Had the coach hauled out a prayer rug and had the players face Mecca for a prayer to Allah I wonder if those supporting the decision would be so ecstatic.

c.d.
              They need to get a satanist playing for one of those teams who can claim his right to sacrifice a goat part way through the game!

There’s religious freedom and then there’s an idiot who loves being centre of attention. What if all faiths wanted separate prayer sessions? How long would the games take? They can pray before and after a game and they’re free to pray as they’re playing if they want to. This isn’t about ‘faith’ imo, it’s a political act that should have been kicked into touch without a seconds consideration. That guy will obviously get his job back now. I can only imagine what would have happened if during a soccer game some guy got the players together for a pray session? He’d have been lucky to get out of the ground in one piece!
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

In her defense, she was taken out of context when quoting Adolf Hitler in the past.

Easily done Al.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Strangely, this story when posted on Breitbart, had literally no mention of the "white" slip. There's a few dots...where it should be. How bad is it when even Breitbart is denying your quote?

In her defense (ahem), she claims she meant to say 'right to life' and fluffed her lines.
                  Yes, it is interesting. Mary Miller is a champion of the "white replacement" conspiracy theory, so if it was indeed a slip, it was of the Freudian variety.

That said, I suspect that some of these 'slips of the tongue' are deliberate (someone claimed she was looking down at a pre-written speech) with just enough 'plausible denial' tossed in so their staff can walk it back later if necessary.

Comment

Last edited by Admin; 06-28-2022, 04:57 PM.
                    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post

It seems that Director's post has in fact been removed.

Is this a common thing on the boards?

I disagree with him on the basic argument, but his views deserve to be heard, and discussed.

Although, having said that, I did not reply to his original post, as I'm well aware that the chances of anyone finding a consensus on a topic as polarising as this is highly unlikely.

This particular thread will probably go nowhere, as minds are already made up.

I think that I am right and DirectorDave is wrong.
                      And I'm sure that he would probably say the same thing, but I think that it was wrong to delete his post.
                      Last edited by Admin; 06-28-2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Good post RJ.

For those who seem unable to recognise the difference between an embryo and a baby, here is an interesting little thought experiment.

A fire breaks out in a hospital, and you can choose to either save a baby or save 6 frozen embryos stored in liquid Nitrogen.

Are the supporters of the overturning of Roe vs Wade honestly saying that they would choose to save the six frozen embryos?
                        I'd save the born baby....the frozen embryos are not in the womb, not in a viable state currently. Pre-birth abortions are less wrong than a post-birth abortion (A democrat Govenern of VA, Glenn Youngkin was describing which in a video linked in my deleted post). And there is no guarantee those embryos would ever be used by the parents.

A better thought experiment would be would I save 2 babies or a mother in labour......I'm not sure I can answer that, but then I am a flawed and imperfect human being who has the capacity to be wrong.....such is life eh?
                        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

I’m not pro abortion I’m pro choice. Who am I a man no less to tell a woman what to do with her body. It’s up to the lady herself to choose and the rest of us, especially the the religious nutters, should keep our noses the **** out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

It seems that Director's post has in fact been removed.

Is this a common thing on the boards?

I disagree with him on the basic argument, but his views deserve to be heard, and discussed.

Although, having said that, I did not reply to his original post, as I'm well aware that the chances of anyone finding a consensus on a topic as polarising as this is highly unlikely.

This particular thread will probably go nowhere, as minds are already made up.

I think that I am right and DirectorDave is wrong.
                            And I'm sure that he would probably say the same thing, but I think that it was wrong to delete his post.

You are entitled to think whatever you want. As is Dave. What he is not entitled to do, is use MY servers and MY message boards to post links or materials I personally find objectionable. And what he is really not entitled to do is repost them after I delete them. My boards, MY choice.

If he wants to post links to his crazy propaganda ****, he can do it on boards he pays for and maintains, not mine.

And if y'all don't like it, tough ****.

So don't push me on this one, Gentlemen. Because right now isn't really when you want to be having a conversation about your rights with me.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                              A country of contradictions, death penalty, guns pretty much freely available, and stopping abortions.
                              Contradictions, Stringy?

The more babies that are born to mothers who will be denied an abortion - even when the man who impregnates the woman has no intention of offering any emotional, practical or financial support if needed, or when the man has raped the woman, or is her father or brother - the more babies will grow up to be shot or executed.

That's a win-win for the sadists, isn't it?

As for the incest thing, what woman wouldn't want to be transported back to the Isle of Wight of the 1950s?

Love,

SarcastiCaz
                              X
                              Last edited by caz; 06-29-2022, 12:20 PM.
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Yes, if God intelligently created eyes why do so many people need glasses? And if the sun if the exact perfect distance from the earth why do so many people get skin cancer?

The list goes on and on.

c.d.
                                93 millions miles between the sun and the earth.

So what I want to know, c.d., is how a nose gets more sunburned than the rest of the face when it only pokes out an inch or so.

And why does the temperature seem to plummet from 30 degrees to near freezing on a sunny summer afternoon, when the tiniest fluffy white cloud moves in front of the sun?

That tells me that if there is a God, he might claim to love all the little children, but he's also got a perverted sense of humour.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X