Man Who Won't Carry House Key Sparks Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Starlitshoal,

My comment was not directed at you or your beliefs. And if you took offense at what I wrote I do apologize. However, I would hardly categorize it as "nonsense" as you say. I would direct you to Deuteronomy 21:18-21.

Your response does seem a bit over the top and for someone with all of 45 posts under their belt you might want to cool your jets a bit if you are to remain as a poster on this site.

But again, I do apologize so we will leave it at that.

c.d.

Comment

A friendly reminder to new members.
      We really do not care what occurs in Pub Talk.
      Please stop reporting posts.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by StarlitShoal View Post
        This is outrageous. Can none of you manage to muster up even a little bit of respect for someone who believes differently than you?
        Absolutely. If what they believe is worthy of respect. If they believe the earth is flat, that the moon is made of cheese or that women should wash the feet of men with their hair, then nah, thanks I'll pass.

Everything you've said is nonsense and proves that you don't have any understanding of the Bible at all,
        Everything I said comes directly from the Bible. If you have a problem with traditional Christian biblical marriage, take it up with the people who wrote the Bible. But don't do it in Church. Because you know... women aren't supposed to speak in church. Your voices are offensive to god.

I never came to this site to debate religion anyway.
        Then don't debate it. Literally, no one is forcing you to. That's a choice.

all three of you proceeded to attack my beliefs, call my holy text into question, and act like I was some awful human being who engaged in barbarism.
        Well if you believe in selling people into slavery, your beliefs are worth attacking. Of course, Jesus was fine with slavery, so really, I mean it's to be expected.

I don't appreciate that at all and it disappoints me greatly that you all seemed fine with me and my thoughts and opinions before this. I am new to this site and you don't even know me.
        See that's what happens when people start to get to know someone. They tend to learn things about them that they find objectionable and find things to disagree with. That's the risk you take.

Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree without the use of ignorant insults?
        Once again, literally everything I said is directly taken from the Bible. If you object to it, take it up with your religion. Don't insult and attack me, because you don't like the fact the fact that your religion has deep-seated misogynistic issues and believes that children are goods to be sold like shoes and other commodities. That's between you and your deity.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

You are unbelievable. You don't understand how the Bible works. It is both a religious book and a historical one. Not everything that happened in it was a command. However, like I said, I wasn't here to debate it. A person asked me a question and I answered it. You then came in and attacked me hours later with no provocation whatsoever. You should be ashamed of yourself. I have screen captured everything here. I may not be able to do anything about you here, but I can let everyone on every other Ripper site and forum on the web know that the admins of this site are bigots who judge people on the basis of their faith. This site talks about how awful it was that the police in 1888 wanted the Ripper to be a Jewish immigrant and not an Englishman, but then turns right around and does the same disgusting thing. I may be a Christian, but at least I don't have a heart of stone. I will pray for you. Goodbye.

Comment

You are unbelievable. You don't understand how the Bible works. It is both a religious book and a historical one. Not everything that happened in it was a command. However, like I said, I wasn't here to debate it. A person asked me a question and I answered it. You then came in and attacked me hours later with no provocation whatsoever. You should be ashamed of yourself. I have screen captured everything here. I may not be able to do anything about you here, but I can let everyone on every other Ripper site and forum on the web know that the admins of this site are bigots who judge people on the basis of their faith. This site talks about how awful it was that the police in 1888 wanted the Ripper to be a Jewish immigrant and not an Englishman, but then turns right around and does the same disgusting thing. I may be a Christian, but at least I don't have a heart of stone. I will pray for you. Goodbye.
            LOL... bless your pooor little persecuted heart.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Ah. The traditional Christian model for the family. You support that. Really? So if your husband dies, you'll let his brother knock you up to continue his brother's family line? Really? You're okay with your husband selling your kids into slavery, but I presume only if he fetches a good price for them? You're good with your husband having multiple wives? Really?

I'm kind of shocked honestly, but to each their own. I'm pretty open minded but even I'd draw the line at my husband getting to have multiple wives and me not getting to get get my freak on with multiple husbands. Hardly seems fair.

Personally I’ve got a couple of kids I’d gladly sell into slavery at any price, probably even pay you to take them
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                And don't forget, if you have one of those annoying kids who is stubborn and rebellious you get to stone his butt to death and it is all legal. None of that ADD treatment crap they have nowadays.

c.d.
                That’s another idea I am all for
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Ah. The traditional Christian model for the family. You support that. Really? So if your husband dies, you'll let his brother knock you up to continue his brother's family line? Really? You're okay with your husband selling your kids into slavery, but I presume only if he fetches a good price for them? You're good with your husband having multiple wives? Really?

I'm kind of shocked honestly, but to each their own. I'm pretty open minded but even I'd draw the line at my husband getting to have multiple wives and me not getting to get get my freak on with multiple husbands. Hardly seems fair.

It doesn't just seem unfair, Ally. It is unfair. That's why I support the traditional Christian model for the family, but upgraded for fairness to both sexes.
                  Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Whoah! I see this all kicked off while I was snoozing.

I'm genuinely sorry if Starlit feels hard done to and has left the building on a bum note, but if you're going to profess support for a doctrine which subjugates women, people are going to challenge that or take the pi$$.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post

That’s another idea I am all for
                      Sometimes it does seem like the only solution.

Originally posted by Ms Diddles
                      I'm genuinely sorry if Starlit feels hard done to and has left the building on a bum note
                      I'm not. Her histrionics on the FAQ thread where she made out like we were attempting to feed her to the lions was just a tad on the hysterical side (and I don't mean that in a, "that's so funny" way). I have no patience for people with persecution complexes and no ability to accept the most mild of challenges. She didn't have to drag her antiquated ideologies into this, she chose to, and then rather than stand up and defend herself or her beliefs in any kind of rational or logical fashion she immediately went into full on shrieking diva mode and started being dramatic. As the person who has to deal with the drama that ensues when precious people get their overblown egos and fragile sense of realities constantly popped, one less to deal with is a blessing.

Thank you, God, for sparing me. Amen.

In ironic news though, my husband actually has lost his keys so Jesus, Allah, Set, Zeus, whomever, if you're looking at this and could nudge it out from whatever couch cushion it's lodged under, we'd appreciate it.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

A woman has taken to social media to vent her frustrations...
                        Surely not!?

Comment

I can let everyone on every other Ripper site and forum on the web know that the admins of this site are bigots who judge people on the basis of their faith.
                          I ain’t done nothin’ nobody.

JM

Comment

Yeah I found that part hilarious. Like.... does she actually think she's going to be the first person bitching about me on other boards? There are entire boards that were CREATED because of what a horrible admin I am. You're welcome. She's not special, nor is she the torchbearer, carrying the light of salvation to the downtrodden people of... Ripperology. That torch has been burning so long it's practically guttered out at this point. She so cute. I love the fervent fire newbs bring. It's so invigorating.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Haha! I'm a Christian, so I just believe in the traditional model for the family and intend to live my own life that way. I do advocate helping mothers in crisis pregnancies with Save Haven Baby Boxes and financial, emotional, and spiritual support, though.
                              thats awesome. im christian too and appreciate all you do. : )

Comment

Pub talk should be abolished , for obvious reasons. Nothing to do with Jack the Ripper ,and comments that more becoming of that other book of social media .An observation.
                                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
                                X