Anyone remember "The Golden Shot"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    I think at the end the contestants had to cut a vertical thread stretched across the target to win the jackpot. As I remember it, this used to happen more often than one might suppose. If the bulls-eye was perfectly in line with the crossbow sight, the thread would be broken.
    In the episode I saw, they had a traditional type bullseys target, and the "golden girl" would point to a totally arbitrary spot in the centre circle and the contestant would have to hit it dead on, with no visual reference to it at all.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Hi Magpie

Are you sure that wasn't Anne Aston showing the thread as it passed through the centre of the target? It's all very vague in my mind now, but I think they started the show with people ringing in and trying to hit the apples - which had explosive charges fitted to them, so that they went pop - and that was to determine next week's contestants. Then they had this week's contestants, from whom a winner was found who then went on to try to win the jackpot at the end of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Hi Magpie

Are you sure that wasn't Anne Aston showing the thread as it passed through the centre of the target? It's all very vague in my mind now, but I think they started the show with people ringing in and trying to hit the apples - which had explosive charges fitted to them, so that they went pop - and that was to determine next week's contestants. Then they had this week's contestants, from whom a winner was found who then went on to try to win the jackpot at the end of the show.
        The episode I saw didn't have people calling in--they were in the studio but were stuck in a little booth with a TV screen and a telephone, which was connected to the phone used by the host.

Comment

But yeah, I remember when I were a lad the contestents would phone it and direct the crossbow.

Comment

Bob Monkhouse

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
            X