U.S. Capitol Placed on Lockdown as Election Protests Grow Violent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
    A curious observation about the profession politician.

Trump did not have any experience in politics before he became head politician,the president.So basically it uses the ad "Help Wanted No Experience Required ".That's what the Republicans used.So we had a politician doing job training in the White House in 2016.
    But if it was a "higher" profession like head truck driver,head barber or head cook "at least 2-5 years Experience Required",don't even come if none.

The profession should be regulated like lawyers with the state bar?
    I've said before, to run for President, I believe it must be required that any candidate has held elected office at least like Mayor or Governor. At least has experienced what is necessary to commit to the public good and, have earned a degree of public trust.
    The altruistic belief that anyone should be able to run for the office of President still holds true, but this position requires a candidate with more credentials than a functioning pulse.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Forget the 'experience needed' clause, an increasing number of businesses require their CEOs to undergo a psychological examination.

Back in 2016, there were dozens of psychiatrists, former Trump Organization officers, the ''Art of the Deal" ghostwriter, even Trump family members, who were warning that this dude was a malignant narcissist and full-blown psychopath.

Half the electorate didn't' listen; as long as the carnival barker told them what they wanted to hear, it was all "fake news."

And now and it is increasingly obvious that a huge swath of the population has ZERO ability to recognize either an opportunistic grifter or a sociopath. I guess that's what keeps the televangelists in business.

Comment

Here's a question:
        Does Washington DC have the equivalent of States Rights?

We all know that if Trump tries to pardon himself it is only applicable to Federal crimes, that if a State charges him the pardon is ineffective, he cannot hide behind it.
        However, as the crimes of insurrection occurred in Washington DC, which is not a state, does the federal statute apply there, meaning is he protected by the federal pardon in Washington DC?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I actually hope he does pardon himself, I suspect he already has, it' just not been made public yet.
          We will only know if he has when he is charged with a federal crime, the question needs to be addressed. The Justice Department needs to charge Trump to force the question. The common sense conclusion, that no president can write himself a blank cheque to wash away all crimes, needs to be written into law.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Forbes Magazine is serving notice that if any media organization employs Spicer, Sanders, McEnany, Conway, all Trumps Press Secretaries. Forbes will assume all what they publish will be scrutinized as full of lies.

Wow!
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              Here's a question:
              Does Washington DC have the equivalent of States Rights?

We all know that if Trump tries to pardon himself it is only applicable to Federal crimes, that if a State charges him the pardon is ineffective, he cannot hide behind it.
              However, as the crimes of insurrection occurred in Washington DC, which is not a state, does the federal statute apply there, meaning is he protected by the federal pardon in Washington DC?
              That's an interesting question.
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

The DC Attorney General is considering charges.

DC AG may charge Trump for allegedly inciting Capitol riots (ajc.com)

Comment

Can a lawyer, who is charged with the same crime as his client, defend that client of that same charge?

We know efforts are being made to charge Trump with insurrection, but others are equally responsible. Others like his eldest Don Jr, Mo Brooks, & Rudy Giuliani could equally be charged with the same crime.
                  Trump is reputed to have hired Giuliani to defend him on that charge - is that feasible if Giuliani is also charged?
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I've said before, to run for President, I believe it must be required that any candidate has held elected office at least like Mayor or Governor. At least has experienced what is necessary to commit to the public good and, have earned a degree of public trust.
                    The altruistic belief that anyone should be able to run for the office of President still holds true, but this position requires a candidate with more credentials than a functioning pulse.
                    Yeah or congressman or senator.Their taxes must be scrutinized and they must be vetted.
                    Last edited by Varqm; 01-13-2021, 07:35 AM.
                    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                    M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                      Forget the 'experience needed' clause, an increasing number of businesses require their CEOs to undergo a psychological examination.

Back in 2016, there were dozens of psychiatrists, former Trump Organization officers, the ''Art of the Deal" ghostwriter, even Trump family members, who were warning that this dude was a malignant narcissist and full-blown psychopath.

Half the electorate didn't' listen; as long as the carnival barker told them what they wanted to hear, it was all "fake news."

And now and it is increasingly obvious that a huge swath of the population has ZERO ability to recognize either an opportunistic grifter or a sociopath. I guess that's what keeps the televangelists in business.
                      Yeah psychological evaluation could be helpful too .

"And now and it is increasingly obvious that a huge swath of the population has ZERO ability to recognize either an opportunistic grifter or a sociopath. I guess that's what keeps the televangelists in business"

Yes the ability to discern right and wrong is lost to a large degree,partly by the numbing down by media/movies where objective reality is not followed,in virtual reality anything goes.
                      They should just say it loud the South/Republicans want to secede.They do not trust/respect the justice system anymore losing 60-0 on the election fraud cases, and State election officials,Georgia counting the votes 3x,ransacked Congress. Today or yesterday the majority of Republicans also voted not to impeach the president although it passed.Democrats mostly.Awful.The constitution/democracy is just for convenience.
                      Last edited by Varqm; 01-13-2021, 07:43 AM.
                      Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                      M. Pacana

Comment

I should say Republicans voted against Pence invoking the 25th Amendment instead of impeachment but still the reaction should be strong.
                        M. Pacana

Comment

Impeachment 2 - 0 Trump.

Senate to vote to convict after 19th Jan. in a Democratic held Senate, but they need 17 Republicans to join the Dems in convicting Trump.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Rudy Giuliani? I'd prefer Worzel Gummidge defending me. And Alan Dershowitz? Only if he promises to keep his pants on.
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

232-197 vote only 10 republicans voted to impeach.The majority of Republicans still won't impeach.Awful.
                              They don't care, they want a country of their own.In that country the Republicans win all election court cases and win all state elections and ransacking Congress is allowed.It also allows the president not to tackle a pandemic problem from the beginning (Feb) which killed 381000 Americans.Disgraceful horrible people.
                              Last edited by Varqm; 01-13-2021, 11:49 PM.
                              M. Pacana

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                                Rudy Giuliani? I'd prefer Worzel Gummidge defending me. And Alan Dershowitz? Only if he promises to keep his pants on.
                                I think might have Dershovitz mixed up with Jeffrey Toobin .

They played some clips on the BBC where Dershovitz suggested that what Trump did is "not an impeachable offense". I wonder if he could go on record to state what actually is (apart from lying about a blowjob under oath).

Comment

Working...
                                X