No announcement yet.

Favourite Quotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Christoper Hitchens

Comment

"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

Baseball Hall of Famer Satchel Paige

Comment

"Because it's there"

British Mountaineer George Mallory

Comment

"War is hell."

Civil War General William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

Great ones c.d.

Especially Hitch
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Designing the perfect flaw
              -unknown-

Comment

"in the morning ill be sober, but youll still be ugly."

I beleive winston churchill, after being told he was too drunk by an uptight lady.
                speaking of which..

"lighten up Sandy".
                John Riggins (washington redskins great and total character) to supreme court justice sandra day oconner, after being notoriously hammered at a formal DC banquet.

and to continue on the partying theme..

"I dont know whats gonna happen, but im gonna get my kicks before the whole sh!t house goes up in flames." LOL!!!!!!!
                Jim Morrison to the audience of one of his concerts.
                "Is all that we see or seem
                but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it." - Groucho Marx

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast." - William Tecumseh Sherman

"If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve." - William Tecumseh Sherman when asked to run for POTUS

" Include me out." - attributed to Sam Goldwyn

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"
                  Last edited by Enigma; 02-26-2021, 05:50 AM.
                  Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Good ones guys
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Christopher Hitchens:

MT [Mother Teresa] was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg (Minister For The 17th Century)

“The requirement not to be rude about judges applies only to judges in this country. It does not apply to judges in the EU, so let me be rude about them. Let me indulge in the floccinaucinihilipilification of EU judges”

Winston:

“I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I have inspired the nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling all around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar.”

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile – hoping it will eat him last.”

“I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”

“The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.”

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                        Christopher Hitchens:

MT [Mother Teresa] was not a friend of the poor. She was a friend of poverty. She said that suffering was a gift from God. She spent her life opposing the only known cure for poverty, which is the empowerment of women and the emancipation of them from a livestock version of compulsory reproduction.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg (Minister For The 17th Century)

“The requirement not to be rude about judges applies only to judges in this country. It does not apply to judges in the EU, so let me be rude about them. Let me indulge in the floccinaucinihilipilification of EU judges”

Winston:

“I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I have inspired the nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling all around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar.”

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile – hoping it will eat him last.”

“I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”

“The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.”

only an idiot or someone blinded by their own beliefs would denigrate someone like mother theresa. talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

only an idiot or someone blinded by their own beliefs would denigrate someone like mother theresa. talk about throwing out the baby with the bath water.

I’ve no idea of how accurate this is. But no human had ever been 100% saintly.

With Mother Teresa's recent canonization, what better time to examine her life!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

I’ve no idea of how accurate this is. But no human had ever been 100% saintly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxtcy4FpN8
                            what a bunch of bull ****

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I have to say that Untold Story by Dr Aroup Chatterjee was a real eye opener.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Christopher Hitchens detested Mother Theresa and wrote a book about her entitled "The Missionary Position." He even flew to Rome to testify at the Vatican when they were considering making her a saint. Penn and Teller really dislike her as well. It seems that the public image of Mother Theresa was very different from what she was really like.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X