Favourite Quotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Different versions exist, but here is one.

"I never made a mistake in my life, though once I thought I had, but I was wrong."
    Or in my case -

''I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.''

Comment

I have my plans.
      God has her's.
      Mine do not count.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by OneRound View Post

Or in my case -

''I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.''
        "I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure,"
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

"There's two things in life I hate, Budgie - and you're both of them!" Charlie Endall in 'Budgie' starring Adam Faith.

Comment

“I told you I was ill”

by Spike Milligan
            "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
              Adam Faith.
              'If You Want Me,It's Alright.

Love that record.

Comment

Bob Dylan at his sweetest:

”One day you’ll be in the ditch, flies buzzin’ around your eyes, blood on your saddle.”

Idiot Wind

Comment

I suppose a knighthood is out of the question.

Spike Milligan,after referring to Prince Charles as a grovelling bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                    "There's two things in life I hate, Budgie - and you're both of them!" Charlie Endall in 'Budgie' starring Adam Faith.
                    I once bumped into Budgie’s wife at a pedestrian crossing.

Comment

Jackie Clancy earned a reprimand from the station manager for the way he'd reported the news that a local couple, Mr and Mrs Harold Ball, had saved the life of one of the city's policemen. Apparently the policeman, on his motorbike, had skidded into the river and, according to Jackie, had been 'pulled out by the Balls'. Jackie progressed to television and, being very much a man's man, the macho male Aussie quickly took Jackie to their hearts. He appeared with Des O'Connor and on a separate show with Bill Maynard, both, like Jackie, former Butlin Redcoats.

One of the funniest guys on Aussie radio/TV in the late 1950s early 1960s.
                      His sense of humor was before it's time and he was often banned.
                      Largely forgotten now.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                        I suppose a knighthood is out of the question.

Spike Milligan,after referring to Prince Charles as a grovelling bastard.
                        Reminds me of the story when Tommy Cooper was introduced to the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance.

Despite having been instructed to only speak if spoken to, Tommy caused concern and mild panic by starting a conversation. He enquired, ''Do you like football, your Majesty?''. Although a little taken aback, she replied, ''Err well no, not really, Mr Cooper. I can't say I do.'' Quick as a flash, he then asked, ''In that case, can I have your tickets for the Cup Final?''.

Comment

Originally posted by OneRound View Post

Reminds me of the story when Tommy Cooper was introduced to the Queen at the Royal Variety Performance.

Despite having been instructed to only speak if spoken to, Tommy caused concern and mild panic by starting a conversation. He enquired, ''Do you like football, your Majesty?''. Although a little taken aback, she replied, ''Err well no, not really, Mr Cooper. I can't say I do.'' Quick as a flash, he then asked, ''In that case, can I have your tickets for the Cup Final?''.
                          On a similar theme: David Niven, when a young army officer, was on parade waiting for inspection by a young Queen Elizabeth II, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh:

"Oh no! She's brought that bloody Greek with her!"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                            Bob Dylan at his sweetest:

”One day you’ll be in the ditch, flies buzzin’ around your eyes, blood on your saddle.”

Idiot Wind
                            another from Bob Dylan:

"even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked!" (What a horrible thought that is).

Comment

I was going to start a ‘quotes’ thread but I saw this one.

One of my favourites is from the Great Defender Edward Marshall Hall. It’s a bit patronising but I love the sarcasm.

Judge: “Mr Marshall Hall, is your client familiar with the doctrine res ipsa loquitur?

Marshall Hall: “My Lord, in the remote hills of County Donegal from where my client hails they speak of little else”

Rumpole always his ‘Life Of Edward Marshall Hall’ with him and it’s a line you can imagine Rumpole saying.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

"It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married."

Comedian George Burns

Comment

Working...
                                X