Hundreds of People Turn Out for Anti-Mask Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

We weren't talking about conservatives though, CD.
    Hello Harry,

Would you like some examples of conservative hypocrisy? I can certainly provide them if you would like.

c.d.

Comment

My apologies, Harry. This back and forth isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's just call it a day and have a beer.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        I would like to slap these people silly. What a bunch of fricken idiots. News flash guys -- the virus doesn't give a rat's ass about your freedom and liberty. c.d.
        We have anti-masks and anti-vaxxers in the UK also. I don't think it is so linked to political affiliations in the UK, though probably a more common theme for those on the right of the political spectrum. I just wish steps to keep people alive and well had not become as politically charged as it has in the US and the UK - but I guess it was always going to.

Comment

So now Trump shows a chart that demonstrates the US death toll is quite good, as he always claimed. Especially when we remove the numbers from Democratic states.

Yes, he really said that....

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

You couldn’t make it up
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Hardly a sidestep. Liberals are hypocrites and so are conservatives. Now we can argue who are the bigger hypocrites but the bottom line is that they both are.

c.d.
              I'm sure that most of them are but by suggesting this should be "the bottom line" you are propagating the concept of false equivalence. By this I mean that for example Clinton's lies and Trump's lies are not in the same ball-park, probably not even on the same planet. In fact, Trump is the first western leader that I know of to have used lying and a political strategy. In the past, Politicians have lied to cover up embarrassment due to a mistake or their own shortcomings. Or, they would at least stop lying once their lies have been called out. Not so Trump who continues to lie about the same subjects many times, sometimes hundreds of times even after his statement has been correct. The reason is clear: It is his strategy to lie, so to suggest that Biden as well as Trump are liars is an outrageous comparison and is an example of false equivalency (yes, I know that you didnt explicitly state that Biden and Trump are hypocrites or liars, but I am using them as representations of "the left vs. the right" here...).

The Trump/Fox sphere is littered with examples of false equivalence. Equating 90% of mask-less Trump rally attendees with 90% of mask-wearing BLM protesters is another such example that was pushed by Kushner just the other day. And yesterday Alan Dershowitz filed a defamation law-suit against CNN for allegedly "doctoring" his impeachment comments: "what they did is they just totally doctored the tape," Dershowitz told Sean Hannity on Tuesday." In fact, he is complaining about CNN not playing his full comment which would, in his opinion, have changed the overall point he was trying to make. In short, he says he was quoted out of context and no "doctoring" was going on at all.

Compare this to Trump retweeting a video of a Biden speech with "F**k da police" playing in the background." which actually IS an example of a doctored video because it never happened. The soundtrack was was changed from the original "Despacito" to F**k tha police in was is clearly a malicious edit to the video. So the reason why I'm bringing up these two examples is the neutralise anyone from Trumps team suggesting that "both sided create doctored content" when this is clearly not the case. We can argue whether these two are good examples to support my point or not but I'm confident that the overall trend does exist.

Finally, your statement suggests that you are generally unhappy with the sate of american politics and I can assure you, you are in good company here. But I don't think that the re-election of DJT would resolve any of these issues and only introduce additional, severe and probably irreversible damage in itself.
              Last edited by Svensson; 09-17-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                "what they did is they just totally doctored the tape," Dershowitz told Sean Hannity on Tuesday."
                Dershowitz's suit is without merit, of course -- personally, I don't think his reputation is worth $30, let alone $30 million-- but if he should win, the money ought to be donated to the alleged victims of Jeffery Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell on the principal that Mr. TightyWhitey has allegedly admitted that he received a massage from the alleged victims of alleged sex traffickers, the latter supposedly being Mr. D's alleged friends, though I hasten to add that Mr. D has not allegedly admitted to any alleged crime, or knowledge of any alleged wrongdoing...allegedly.

I don't think Dershowitz can sue me for believing the victim's accusation, but who knows, now that Bill Barr is AG; (whose father, by the way, got Jeffery Epstein his teaching job, despite not allegedly having any alleged credentials). Maybe being disgusted by Dershowitz's antics alone constitutes 'sedition' and actionable offenses under the legal theories of Mr. Barr. Who knows anymore?

Meanwhile, I see Trump has called for "herd mentality" in order to combat Covid-19. No, you couldn't make this shite up...nor would you want to.

Comment

Hello Svensson,

I should have made my statement clearer. While I do believe that both parties here in the U.S. are hypocrites it is as you point out a matter of degree and no I don't think they are equal. As bad as the Democrats are I still always vote Democratic. I think the Republicans are demonic spirits that have taken human form. And I only exaggerate a little. So to me the difference is as night and day. The lesser of evils gets tiresome.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Yes, some are still saying its a hoax, yet at these rallies none seem to ask why Trump isn't down in the crowd shaking hands or taking selfies with them.
                    He keeps them at a distance. They're none too smart this lot....
                    Now we know why Trump isn't among the crowd shaking hands, it's long been known that he's a bit of a germaphobe, but....
                    Olivia Troye, Assistant to Mike Pence, heard Trump say that, "this Covid-19 might be good, then I don't have to shake hands with anybody". I don't what to shake hands with those 'disgusting people' ", referring to his supporters.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Is Olivia Troye an anonymous source..?

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                        Is Olivia Troye an anonymous source..?
                        Yet another disgruntled ex staffer out to twist the knife.

Has there been any other government with so many incompetent loser disgruntled ex staff going public? Someone needs to look at HR, recruitments been terrible.
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Has there been any other government with so many incompetent loser disgruntled ex staff going public? Someone needs to look at HR, recruitments been terrible.
                          Oh, and it's Obama's fault.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

In 2016 Trump announced that he's so rich he can afford to hire the best of the best; like Cohen, Manafort, Bannon, Gates, Lewendowski, Stone, Nader, Papadopoulos, & Flynn, all convicted of crimes.

The US might have been in better hands if Al Capone had been President, at least his business savvy did make money.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

OK,who wears an eye mask?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day 02.png
Views:	111
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	742173

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

In 2016 Trump announced that he's so rich he can afford to hire the best of the best; like Cohen, Manafort, Bannon, Gates, Lewendowski, Stone, Nader, Papadopoulos, & Flynn, all convicted of crimes.
                                Unless I missed it, I don't think Steve Bannon has been convicted of a crime yet, but there's a good chance that he is going to be...

Speaking of which, a Chinese virologist came out on Fox News with the explosive allegation that the Chinese government deliberately released Covid-19.

It was then noticed that the woman belonged to a group led by Steve Bannon and the shadowy Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui. (Bannon was on Guo's yacht when arrested for defrauding Trump supporters out of millions with a bogus 'Build the Wall' organization).

There is indeed a fake news factory, but, alas, many of my fellow citizens can't seem to figure out who it is that is running it.

Comment

Working...
                                X