X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svensson
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_c View Post

100% did not happen. The journalist who wrote the story is the same guy who first claimed a link between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda. You can also tell it's untrue because the 'sources' do not give specifics of exactly where and when these words were said. The reason for this is because the 'sources' do not want others who were in the same conversation to have an ability to deny these words were said by Trump.
    I think it 100% DID happen. Not because of which source was able to confirm what and when but because it is entirely within Trump's character to say something degrading about other peoplpe when he is upset about something or someone.

- He refers to NFL players as 'Son's of b*tches'
    - he refers to a journalist a 'slimeball' for doing their job.
    - Yes, despite his denial, Trump is on record for calling McCain a loser.
    - He calls Harris and Warren "Nasty women" but when asked about Ghislaine Maxwell, he warmly wishes her well.

It all comes down to his unique mixture of ignorance and narcissism with more than just a sprinkling of stupidity:

- When it showed in 2016 that he had gone bankrupt a few times and therefore didn't pay any taxes for around 10 years he scoffed "That makes me smart" which would suggest by extension he thinks that everyone else who does pay taxes is stupid.
    - When he shows a chart with a projected hurricane path, then takes a sharpie and extends to into Alabama, he basically assumes we're all too stupid to notice.
    - When he suggests that people in Finland are raking their forests to prevent fires, he must think that not just Americans but also the people of Finland are completely stupid.
    - When he dictates his "medical" to his personal doctor who then types up the medical verbatim to state that all his medical tests are positive, it not only shows how incredibly stupid Trump himself is but that again, he thinks that american citizens are suckers for accepting this completely made-up medical.
    - The almost daily rage-tweeting in the middle of the night which shows how completely un-tethered he is from reality.

So no, nothing that he says surprises or shocks me anymore and it hasn't for a long time. What does shock me however is that there are around 50 million people in the US who look at this guy and say: "Yes, I want this guy in the Oval office for another 4 years. He is good for this country." And the above only shows that he is a completely incompetent baby with severe mental problems. We haven't even started to dig into how he is changing the US from within and is throwing liberal democracies around the world, something that we here in Europe have a very different relationship with, to the wolves. If the US wants to try out dictatorship and autocracy for a while, by all means go for it but leave us Europeans out of it. We did have a go at that in various forms and guises in the 20th century and we have decided it's not for us.
    Last edited by Svensson; 09-07-2020, 08:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Clearly have hit a sore spot Jon, but not to worry, he's not a yank, same as you and I, so we'll leave the election down to them. For my tuppence worth, I think The Donald will win, not because of his positive attributes, but because the Democrats fielded a poor candidate. Think how bad he is while trying to swing favour. Another five years, **** it's going to get bad. Patriots Vs Anarchists. Civil War.
    I know Shyster #2 (Don Jr.) is worried that if Daddy doesn't win they're all going to jail, he said that on camera just a few days ago. This is why I think Trump will try pull any stunt, legal or illegal to make sure he wins, he knows the alternative is not worth thinking about.

They know they're all a bunch of crooks, charlatans & liars, but when they are gone, eventually, the Republican party is going to be in shambles.
    They're too stupid to see Trump is just using them to get what he wants. It's the same with his supporters, we've heard that he laughs at them. They vote for him while he is getting rich off them, he tells them what they want to hear and throws them a tax break of a cent on the dollar, while he gives himself & his rich cronies 10 cents on the dollar - and they love him for it.

You remember back in 2016 he stood up at a convention with his arms spread out, exclaiming, "How I love the uneducated", of course he does, he thinks they're too stupid to know what's really going on.
    He crams them in to these conventions, no masks, they're all going to get sick, he doesn't care about them. There's plenty more fools who'll turn up at the next convention.
    If it wasn't so potentially dangerous, it would be hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• rjpalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Svensson View Post
    4. sending ballots by recorded mail would also solve this problem (which doesn't actually exist in the first place due to 1, 2 and 3, imho...)
    If people are worried, they can place their ballot directly into an election center drop-off box, which entirely circumvents the mail.

Further, I can't speak for everywhere, but in Multnomah County, Oregon (Portland) there is a system in place to confirm your ballot has shown up and has been counted. The voter is sent confirmation by text, phone, or email.

I don't know if it was reported in Europe, but at a political rally last week Trump encouraged voters in North Carolina to vote twice; encouraging people to commit voter fraud is a felony in that state.

DJT wants chaos, because he wrongly believes he can control and exploit chaos.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied

True, but the US is filled with areas which tend to vote either heavily Republican or heavily Democrat. Shoving a bunch of ballot envelopes in the trash from, say, rural Michigan or downtown Detroit and its fairly obvious which candidate's votes you are interfering with.
    1. A rural postal worker would himself be a resident of this rural area and Republican leaning himself.
    2. I don't think we can automatically assume that most, or all, posts workers are in agreement with their union leaders and are therefore capable of critically conspiring with them against the American people.
    3. Postal workers don't just risk their jobs, livelihoods and futures by throwing away envelopes they're supposed to deliver.
    4. sending ballots by recorded mail would also solve this problem (which doesn't actually exist in the first place due to 1, 2 and 3, imho...)

Cheers.
    Last edited by Svensson; 09-06-2020, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Ouch, that seemed to hit a sore spot

You obviously don't know what "independent confirmation" means.
    Clearly have hit a sore spot Jon, but not to worry, he's not a yank, same as you and I, so we'll leave the election down to them. For my tuppence worth, I think The Donald will win, not because of his positive attributes, but because the Democrats fielded a poor candidate. Think how bad he is while trying to swing favour. Another five years, **** it's going to get bad. Patriots Vs Anarchists. Civil War.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Story confirmed by independent reporters of Associated Press.
    Also, by reporters from The Washington Post, .....The New York Times, ..... Fox News.
    All independent of Goldberg, that's how the process is supposed to work.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Like I said..."you obviously don't know what "independent confirmation" means".
    It's already done, by professionals who do know what it means.

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied

Get back to me when you can prove these 'independent' sources did not conspire beforehand. It's a small world of military and civilian aides operating in and around any Republican or Democrat administration. I'm willing to bet these 'independent' sources all knew one another or knew of one another.

Btw I'm still waiting for confirmation of Goldberg's claim that Saddam and Al Qadea were linked. I hope we get more news on the issue otherwise we may be going to war with Saddam Hussein soon.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    Now we have Trump calling dead war hero's "loser's" & those who volunteer, "sucker's".
    Everyone is coming out of the woodwork to confirm the news report is true, even his own "cheerleader" network, Fox News report they have confirmed the story.

Lets hope this guy is done!

100% did not happen. The journalist who wrote the story is the same guy who first claimed a link between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda. You can also tell it's untrue because the 'sources' do not give specifics of exactly where and when these words were said. The reason for this is because the 'sources' do not want others who were in the same conversation to have an ability to deny these words were said by Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Now we have Trump calling dead war hero's "loser's" & those who volunteer, "sucker's".
    Everyone is coming out of the woodwork to confirm the news report is true, even his own "cheerleader" network, Fox News report they have confirmed the story.

Lets hope this guy is done!

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    If a mailman threw his entire bag in the trash, it isn't going to affect a nationwide election.
    It's not done to influence a nationwide election, it's done to influence the results in a particular state. If one mailman can do it in a certain state a few dozen more can also do it.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    If a mailman threw his entire bag in the trash, it isn't going to affect a nationwide election.

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied

A simple envelope does not distinguish between Democrat or Republican.
    True, but the US is filled with areas which tend to vote either heavily Republican or heavily Democrat. Shoving a bunch of ballot envelopes in the trash from, say, rural Michigan or downtown Detroit and its fairly obvious which candidate's votes you are interfering with.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    I don't think you'd trust the NRA to count Presidential votes yet I'm expected to trust a partisan union to deliver them.
    A simple envelope does not distinguish between Democrat or Republican.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X