No announcement yet.

Herlock Sholmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found Herlock selling his art on Etsy.

It's a bit of a long shot (and I feel like a total weirdo), but I sent a message through "contact seller".

I simply said that people were concerned and asked him to log on or email Abby just to let us know he's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
      I found Herlock selling his art on Etsy.

It's a bit of a long shot (and I feel like a total weirdo), but I sent a message through "contact seller".

I simply said that people were concerned and asked him to log on or email Abby just to let us know he's ok.
      Hi All, I exchanged parallel thoughts on the ‘Julia Wallace‘ site with Herlock , quite a while back, ‘Tis a concern when a regular poster drops off. Anyone considered whether asking Admin might enlighten us ?

A few years ago a very regular poster on A6 rebooted vanished without a trace. Natalie Seven, or Norma Buddle ,(the author .)Was in conversation right before Christmas Of 2015. She was explaining to ‘Rob 63’ about an issue of LCN DNA ,but was rather busy right now, and would get back to him in the new year. And that I believe was the last we heard. That one was really odd, as she was a prolific poster with over 4000 posts since 2008. I know she locked horns with ‘Caz’ a lot, and was in contact with‘ Limehouse, on a personal level I think , but no light was ever thrown on Natalie’s sudden disappearance as far as I know. Liked Norma. Hope Herlock shows up.

Comment

Elamarna's not heard from him since February either.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Elamarna last visit was today.

The Baron

Comment

Not posting at present, working on the 3rd edition of inside Bucks Row and on the Mitre Square book to follow, but I do look in about once a week to see what is going on.

Steve

Comment

A current poster just sent me a private message to confirm that Natalie Severn is still alive and kicking .good to know

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                Not posting at present, working on the 3rd edition of inside Bucks Row and on the Mitre Square book to follow, but I do look in about once a week to see what is going on.

Steve
                You know, I listened to the Podcast and never realised who it was. Do excuse my ignorance Steve.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Currently I am without a working phone and earlier my major e-mail provider decided to toss accounts that haven't been used in the last two weeks. So it's VERY hard to contact me. It is extremely difficult nowadays to start up a NEW e-mail account without a phone- land line or cell. Added to this, my wifi decided about a month ago to deny me access to several of my most-frequented websites, including THIS one for almost two weeks, citing "certificate invalid". This was the LAST one to finally allow me access. I don't have close Family where I live, and only a few close friends. So I understand how Someone can just "disappear".

I have a friend, actually an ex-roommate, that I haven't heard from in over a year. He had just moved and I was supposed to help him set up an e-mail account and he never made contact. His landline was disconnected about two weeks later, and I haven't heard from him since, although some mutual friends mentioned that they had seen him before the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Hi Jeff, it was March 2nd, a really long time since he even logged in. I hope he just decided he couldn't be bothered with it anymore and is concentrating on his art or something.
                    Honestly, when I originally asked if anyone knew anything I didn't expect so much of a response. Like I said, people come and go and some posters are silent for ages at a time, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it strange.
                    Thanks folks.
                    Yes, of course, I meant to type March but May came out of my fingers.

- Jeff

Comment

Do those who have Herlock's RL name and email address know in which town he lives? Not wanting to be alarmist, but by knowing his home town it will be possible to do an online search of death notices in his local newspaper. A negative result may not be conclusive but offers some hope he is OK.
                      Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

I have seen some of his art. He is incredibly talented but the pieces are very dark and depressing. Almost all pieces feature a black background and depressed looking cute critters.

One such piece has the saddest looking bunny in the world against pitch dark, with a heart tag reading "Love Me" torn in half sticking on it.

I don't believe he had a significant other? His art conveys a lot of pain and loneliness in my view. A lot of people struggling with depression and what not have had a really really tough time with lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post
                          I have seen some of his art. He is incredibly talented but the pieces are very dark and depressing. Almost all pieces feature a black background and depressed looking cute critters.

One such piece has the saddest looking bunny in the world against pitch dark, with a heart tag reading "Love Me" torn in half sticking on it.

I don't believe he had a significant other? His art conveys a lot of pain and loneliness in my view. A lot of people struggling with depression and what not have had a really really tough time with lockdown.
                          i dont beleive thats our Michael Banks. he lives in England, not California.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

i dont beleive thats our Michael Banks. he lives in England, not California.
                            I got his art from Josh his personal friend. I don't think I should share it as Josh told me Michael had asked not to share it around. But the pieces are very dark.

The last time he was online, Al Bundy's Eyes commented to HS that he should "get his grandkids" to show him how to use Google Maps. I happen to know that he has said before he has no family and just cares for his dad who died, and that he desperately wishes he had family.

A comment like that referencing family might have upset him. In any case "lockdown" must be VERY emotionally trying for anyone in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post

I got his art from Josh his personal friend. I don't think I should share it as Josh told me Michael had asked not to share it around. But the pieces are very dark.

The last time he was online, Al Bundy's Eyes commented to HS that he should "get his grandkids" to show him how to use Google Maps. I happen to know that he has said before he has no family and just cares for his dad who died, and that he desperately wishes he had family.

A comment like that referencing family might have upset him. In any case "lockdown" must be VERY emotionally trying for anyone in that situation.
                              are you talking about the Michael Banks from CA that ms didles referenced?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

are you talking about the Michael Banks from CA that ms didles referenced?
                                Seems so, I got confused. I think my friend searched for his art via this thread and I thought it was stuff Herlock had personally sent him.

A shame because that Banks I can see by his website and such is still kicking.
                                Last edited by WallaceWackedHer; 06-30-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X