Trpv78 - A Tribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trpv78 - A Tribute.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I've grown quite accustomed to seeing the warm welcome to our "newest member" Trpv78, or 'TripAdvisor78' as I've affectionately come to know them. They're presence has been a comforting constant in these uncertain times, and when perusing the boards, seeing that welcome is like sitting in a favourite chair. But alas, things change and inevitably a new member will come along and poor old TripAdvisor will be lost to the limbo of the members list. But we must carry on, much like Trpv78 did on the 8th of January 2020, when they created an account, logged out and was never seen again. So before the cruel hands of time move on and erase this stalwart of the forum home screen from existence, may I take the opportunity of asking everyone to take a moment to pay tribute to the "unknown member".

Trpv78, we hardly knew ye.
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Trpv78 will be greatly missed.

Though to be fair, I did miss Trpv78 altogether, until your warm tribute.

Gone but not forgotten.
    Last edited by mpriestnall; 05-27-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I dips my lid to Trpv78. Fare thee well.
      Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

They were the quiet type, keeping themselves to themselves. One must wonder if such brevity of existence was any existence at all? Alas, safe journey dear friend, the wick will burn in your honour.
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

Thanks for the memories, Trpv78.

There was such poetry in your silence.

Travel safe my gentle friend.......

Comment

Seems my eulogy was somewhat premature, the tenacious devil is hanging in there. What a legacy.
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Wonderful news!

(Welcome Back - John Sebastian)

Last edited by mpriestnall; 07-03-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                Seems my eulogy was somewhat premature, the tenacious devil is hanging in there. What a legacy.
                It's simply awe inspiring.

Comment

Trpv78 still remains the last member recorded as having joined which must be an all time record. Can this be correct? Surely someone else has joined since January? All the same it will be a pity to see him/her replaced when the fateful day comes.
                  Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

It's been over six months now.

You don't think this Ripperology business is, well, a bit 'uncool'?

No. No, it's the kids who are wrong...
                    Last edited by Al Bundy's Eyes; 07-14-2020, 12:51 PM. Reason: Forgot the word "think"!
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I just think that Trpv78 has set the bar pretty high.

It's intimidated potential noobs, and they're running scared. Poor buggers!

Comment

Thought I'd slip this in here
                        Ballarat in Oz, race 7 number 1.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Bad luck DJA.I backed the first seven winners at Ballarat,and if I had had any money left,I would have backed the eigth

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                            Thought I'd slip this in here
                            Ballarat in Oz, race 7 number 1.
                            It finished next to last! We've just found out where Diemschutz' Donkey went.
                            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Problem was Andy's riding
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
                              X