X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyatlov Pass incident

This is beyond bizarre.

c.d.

Weird. I’d never heard of this one c.d. but I’ve just checked on a price comparison site that I use and there are quite a few books available on this subject including one released this year. I have a list of possible books/subjects for me to look into. This is going on the list.

Thanks for posting it
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Hello Herlock,

Yes, it is a truly bizarre incident with no obvious answer. I think the fact that the tents appear to be slashed from the inside is a key element in the explanation of what happened. It would seem that something terrified them so much that they cut the tents to get out. You would think if it were something like other people, wild animals, Bigfoot, aliens etc. that there would be clues. To me, it seems to smack of mass hysteria and maybe they set upon each other.

c.d.

Comment

This is the video that I watched. Waiting on the second part of it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
          Hello Herlock,

Yes, it is a truly bizarre incident with no obvious answer. I think the fact that the tents appear to be slashed from the inside is a key element in the explanation of what happened. It would seem that something terrified them so much that they cut the tents to get out. You would think if it were something like other people, wild animals, Bigfoot, aliens etc. that there would be clues. To me, it seems to smack of mass hysteria and maybe they set upon each other.

c.d.
          Hi c.d.

Do you know if drugs have been considered/discounted?
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Hello Herlock,

No, I don't but I thought of that too. If they intentionally took hallucinogens what could it have been? Maybe something unintentional that they somehow ingested along with their food? Like LSD from bread mold. Doesn't seem like the best place to be messing around with drugs.

Some sort of suicide cult? But then again why slash the tents?

c.d.

Comment

Hello Herlock,

No, I don't but I thought of that too. If they intentionally took hallucinogens what could it have been? Maybe something unintentional that they somehow ingested along with their food? Like LSD from bread mold. Doesn't seem like the best place to be messing around with drugs.

Some sort of suicide cult? But then again why slash the tents?

c.d.
              The more I think about the less drugs seem likely as you said. Interesting that in the clip of part two radioactivity is mentioned. If I forget and part 2 surfaces I hope that you’ll let us know c.d?

Im fascinated by this.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

They were probably killed by time-travelling mutants, or something.

Comment

Oh, one of the more fascinating mysteries out there! https://dyatlovpass.com is an excellent website with a large amount of data, although almost all of the content has been translated from Russian, sometimes less than reliably. Tons and tons of original documents, pictures, etc.

Lots of books on Amazon about the case. "Dyatlov Pass Keeps its Secret", despite the magnificently lurid cover illustration with its depiction of a flying saucer in flames crashing on the camp site, is actually a very good introduction to the basic facts of the case, and the various theories, sane and otherwise. It's only like $4 for Kindle, too.
                  - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                    Ah, but!... They built a fire when they reached the trees. That argues that they weren't being chased by mutants, or afraid of being seen by mutants (or anyone else).
                    - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                      Come on Joshua, present your sources for that conclusion.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                        Oh, one of the more fascinating mysteries out there! https://dyatlovpass.com is an excellent website with a large amount of data, although almost all of the content has been translated from Russian, sometimes less than reliably. Tons and tons of original documents, pictures, etc.

Lots of books on Amazon about the case. "Dyatlov Pass Keeps its Secret", despite the magnificently lurid cover illustration with its depiction of a flying saucer in flames crashing on the camp site, is actually a very good introduction to the basic facts of the case, and the various theories, sane and otherwise. It's only like $4 for Kindle, too.
                        That looks interesting Ginger. I’ll have a look tomorrow. A book on the case might be in order. Which one though?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Come on Joshua, present your sources for that conclusion.

Comment

Interesting that they were barefoot or in socks. In a number of National Park disappearances in the USA boots of the missing person are also found. That is a whole other bizarre thing. Google national park disappearances. It will keep you up nights.

c.d.

Comment

Interesting that they were barefoot or in socks. In a number of National Park disappearances in the USA boots of the missing person are also found. That is a whole other bizarre thing. Google national park disappearances. It will keep you up nights.

c.d.
                              That does keep me up sometimes. It's not just parks either. There's a whole long history of missing people found dead without shoes, often in places that had been intensively searched already.

Edit: And, very often, they were wearing a red shirt or jacket.
                              Last edited by Ginger; 09-01-2019, 11:49 PM. Reason: Afterthought
                              - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                              X