Smollett is the suspect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post

Yeah, looks like he sent the letter....as it has fake ricin he could be up on federal terrorism charges too.

I had to check if Munchhausen was still in the DSM 5, I thought it would be lobbed in with another personality disorder by now, but it is still in.

My pop psychology makes me think he is more borderline.
    yeah but he did injure himself to propagate the hoax so theres that

Comment

Do you mean to tell me there aren’t MAGA supporters cruising downtown Chicago in subzero temperatures on the off-chance they can lynch an obscure gay black actor?

Hope they throw the book at Smollett for this hoax. If it hadn’t been so implausible it might have stated a race riot.

Comment

https://pagesix.com/2019/03/22/union...smollett-case/

"Chicago'’s police union has demanded a federal investigation into the county’'s top prosecutor for allegedly interfering in the Jussie Smollett case after being contacted by Michelle Obama'’s former chief of staff..."
        - Ginger

Comment

Smollett off the hook. Charges dropped

Tell me more about white privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            Smollett off the hook. Charges dropped

Tell me more about white privilege.
            It has nothing to do with race, or being black or white.

It has to do with being wealthy.

Smollett willingly forfeited his $100,000 bond in a backroom plea deal to drop the charges. For most people, it smells of bribery. You can't afford to drop the $100K? The trial proceeds.

You may not have notice before, Harry, but wealthy people seldom go to jail in the U.S. unless they have bad lawyers.

Comment

Hi RJ,

Yes, indeed. American Justice: the best that money can buy.

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

That was my point.

I don’t want to hear anything more about how white people are overprivileged and above the law when a black actor gets sixteen felony charges tossed out of court.

Like you said, it’s all down to wealth, class and connections.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

It has to do with being wealthy.

Smollett willingly forfeited his $100,000 bond in a backroom plea deal to drop the charges. For most people, it smells of bribery. You can't afford to drop the $100K? The trial proceeds.

You may not have notice before, Harry, but wealthy people seldom go to jail in the U.S. unless they have bad lawyers.
                  actually it was only 10K. but I agree. its wealth and priveledge. But its also corruption in the Chicago DA office. something more going on here-the DA recused herself and Michelle Obama also contacted her and asked if the FBI could be the ones to investigate. something is fishy.

But this is total bullshit. and sad. another example of our skewed justice system and failure of our political leaders.

Comment

Abby - the discrepancy came about because Smollett's bond was $100,000, but one is only required to relinquish 10% to get out on bail. A few early reports this morning stated that he gave up the whole kit and caboodle, but you're right; this doesn't appear to be the case--it was mere chump change: 10K. But really, what's a misplaced decimal point or two when you're a member of the smart set?

Comment

The affair grinds along...

The article has links to an online repository of the case documents.
                      - Ginger

Comment

Woohoo! Special Prosecutor appointed to make sure that Mr.Smollett gets the impartial justice that he so publicly demanded.

A high-profile former U.S. Attorney was appointed special prosecutor Friday morning to re-examine the Jussie Smollett case and why charges were abruptly dropped against him.

And, from almost two months ago, although I missed it at the time:

New video obtained by Fox News shows the Osundairo brothers and Jussie Smollett walking outside on the night of the alleged attack in Chicago; Matt Finn reports.

New video obtained by Fox News shows the Osundairo brothers and Jussie Smollett walking outside on the night of the alleged attack in Chicago.
                        - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                        X