Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Bridewell,

Nah! Obviously a forgery, written to give VVG an alibi.

Regards,

Simon

PS. Seriously, though, nice find.
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      http://www.vggallery.com/painting/p_0463.htm

Look what I found! Perhaps he had a day off in the middle.
      OR.. It's really The Ten Bells, and VVG secretly relabelled it later when he was safely back in Arles. Much more likely imo.

Comment

• Hi All,

From 5th to 8th September 1888 Vincent Van Gogh was painting "The Night Café in the Place Lamartine in Arles", and on 9th September 1888 he was writing a letter to his brother from Arles. How exactly did he kill Annie Chapman in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, Dale? Just to help you work it out, the journey is 741.8 miles each way and the round trip, by car, on modern roads would take 25 hours & 12 minutes (plus the killing time obviously).

I presume you've explained, in your book, how this is possible.

Regards, Bridewell.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
          Hi All,

From 5th to 8th September 1888 Vincent Van Gogh was painting "The Night Café in the Place Lamartine in Arles", and on 9th September 1888 he was writing a letter to his brother from Arles. How exactly did he kill Annie Chapman in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, Dale? Just to help you work it out, the journey is 741.8 miles each way and the round trip, by car, on modern roads would take 25 hours & 12 minutes (plus the killing time obviously).
          His friend Sickert, of course did it. Soon the competition
          got more heated.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

• I presume Mr Larner will claim that all these dates are 'merely' scholarly suppositions, guesswork - and he knows the dates must be wrong, because he has briefly scanned the source material on Vincent with an eye to cherry-picking items which might support his theory, and he can confirm that... if his theory is correct then... the dates must be wrong.

I'm sorry if it's presumptuous of me to answer on Mr Larner's behalf, it's just that he seems awfully quiet these days.

Comment

• Publicity

Mr Larner is here to promote his book. That he is seeking publicity is evident from the sensationalist title of the thread; that he is receiving that publicity is evident from the number of views this thread has so far received - in excess of 13,000.

Jolly well done Mr Larner.

Personally, I don't see the public falling for this one - VVG is simply too famous for it to work. He's not mysterious enough. Any decent publisher would decline such a tale on the basis of an assured loss, if for no other reason.

Comment

• Bridewell, I'm sure you're right. It's all explained in the book.

Just buy the book. Buy the book and all will be explained. And if it's not, well, at least you bought the book.

Just buy the book!

My question for Mr Larner: on your website it says,

HE'S DONE IT!!!
                HE'S SOLVED THE CASE!!!
                AND IN A BIG WAY!!!

I'm just wondering - who wrote those words? I have a suspicion that's Dale Larner, talking about Dale Larner. Which would be either hilarious, or extremely sad, depending on the reader's cynicism levels.

Also, how can a case be solved in a big way? Surely it's either solved or unsolved? That's rather like being slightly pregnant, or very unique. Unless you meant to infer that you had 'solved' the case in a really commercially viable way...?

Nonsense from start to finish.

Comment

• Real motive?

Call me paranoid if you like, (it sounds better than my real name anyway), but could Mr Larner's Vincent book be a huge bluff...He throws a lighted fuse into the Powder Keg (this site) and records the resultant explosion for posterity... or a newspaper article...how to pull the wool over some nutty old bunch of Jack the Ripper freaks...now that just might be something that'd make him money!

Just a passing thought...

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                    Call me paranoid if you like, (it sounds better than my real name anyway), but could Mr Larner's Vincent book be a huge bluff...He throws a lighted fuse into the Powder Keg (this site) and records the resultant explosion for posterity... or a newspaper article...how to pull the wool over some nutty old bunch of Jack the Ripper freaks...now that just might be something that'd make him money!

Just a passing thought...

Dave
                    Afternoon, Paranoid (well, you asked for it )

Good theory - however, Mr Larner's interest in VVG is apparently real:

http://www.artistrising.com/products/509600/Le-Chat.htm

As his charming painting of a Starry Cat demonstrates.

Comment

• Vincent

Hi Sally

Mr Larner's interest in Vincent would impress me a tad more if he bothered to learn how to pronounce the artist's name... (see link)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinem...van_gogh.shtml

Whichever you choose "Van Go" doesn't enter into it (as John Cleese might've put it).

Best Wishes

Dave Paranoid

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        Whichever you choose "Van Go" doesn't enter into it (as John Cleese might've put it).
                        Van Go? Sounds like a Furniture Removal company - For all your relocation needs, call Van Go today!

But I digress

It would surpise me very much if Mr Larner had a shred of hard evidence in support of his contention; and that being said, I think enough board space has been wasted on publicising his book already.

Comment

• Try this:

A Trustworthy and Local Car & Van hire company based in York, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Wakefield. Ask about our Price Match Guarantee.

Comment

• Ah...so that's how he got back from Arles...he hired one of his brothers vans!

Dave

Comment

• News Update!!!

News Update:

Vincent Van Gogh was certainly in France on 8th September 1888, when the murder of Annie Eliza Chapman was committed in Spitalfields. He was almost certainly in France throughout the Autumn of Terror. He was not Jack the Ripper.

Regards, Bridewell.
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Evidence

To Bridewell
                                I hope you've got evidence of all this if only to shut Mr Larner up.
                                Cheers
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X