Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fetch

Hello Limehouse. Well, perhaps the dogs indicated he thought her a fetching young lass?

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
      Hi.
      Outside my cottage sitting room window, there is a woodland about fifty yards away, when sitting on my sofa I can picture a face amongst the trees, and my wife can picture a horse and a jockey, which appears to be racing when the wind is up.
      But alas..it is pure imagination, as it is in the picture revealing all, focused on by Dale as evidence of murder..
      Fair play to him for producing another Ripper book, which has all the hallmarks of commercial success, but serious Ripper folk, such as us[ hopefully], will never entertain such a publication as credible.
      The video complete with loud audio sound effects, is strictly for newcomers to the case, and for those who would love to have a celebrity as the killer, and for those who are taken in by their own imaginative views.
      I rest my case ..ugh
      Regards Richard.
      the trouble is he's picked on somebody here that's too far fetched to be true, joe average wont believe this rubbish, you need to pick somebody that's far more believable, i mean Vincent, for God's sake give me a break!
      Last edited by Malcolm X; 02-06-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

dilemma

On the one hand, I don't want to buy this crap.
        On the other, I've already bought many idiotic ripper-books, so why not complete my collection ?

Comment

I know I said I wouldn't, but I did view the videos and I have to say that, although I admire Dale's courage and his dignity in light of the criticism he is getting, the so called secrets hidden in the painting Irisis are just bonkers.

It reminds me of when I used to stare into the flames of the coal fire when I was a child and imagine I could see dancing dragons. Also, whenever I look at the front of a Routemaster bus, I always, always see a face with a big, square, yawning mouth. I know the face isn't really there, but I always see it. Now, does that mean the designer of that bus is some kind of madman or is the madbness in my own head?

Comment

I'd like to have a look at the bibliography (for free, if possible).
            Last edited by DVV; 02-06-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Ally:

You make a very valid point, it's true that your average Whitechapel citizen probably wouldn't have known who Van Gogh was - it's worthwhile remembering though that some of their only forms of entertainment were the likes of art and particularly theatre - surely Van Gogh's supposed entrances and exits of London on such a regular basis during that period of time on the dates that corresponded with the murders would not have gone completely unnoticed by everybody!? Nobody would have raised an eyebrow?

Still, it's not the first time a similar theory has been suggested and in all likelihood it won't be the last either. At least it seems we are agreed that Van Gogh is an unlikely 'celebrity' suspect.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Hi
                I agree that many of us have purchased many idiotic books in the past, I guess as the years go by, one becomes more critical , not only with new publications, but also the occasional treat we get on our small screens, with the same old faces, who represent the so called ''experts'' amongst us.
                But that of course is selfishness on my part, there are newcomers who have not heard delightful phrases such as ''I will soon get my doss money, see what a jolly bonnet I've got'', and ''Goodnight old ****'', not forgetting the classic '' Not tonight , some other night''
                All good stuff for the new enthusiasts, but are there really that many who have just discovered the case, and are hooked? I cant imagine the young brigade of today bringing 'Jack' into their lives, so where is the audience,? I guess its... us hoping to discover some clue, even if the suspect is ridiculed by the majority of serious Ripper folk on line.
                Personally only two publications have top marks.
                'The simple truth' Bruce Paley, a fine case against a very plausible suspect.'
                'From Hell' Bob Hinton, a excellent book with a twist that I never expected. and a suspect that has stood the test of time on Casebook.
                But Van Gogh, as a suspect, based on a interpretation, is shelved amongst the Sickert paintings, and is strictly for those who like to let their eyes solve the case.
                Regards Richard.

Comment

Agree about Hinton and Paley, though I wish Paley had structured his book better.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Hello Maria.
                    Better structured , I agree, another book based on Barnett, written by Paul Harrison would have been even more damming against that suspect, if he had traced the correct man, what's more he claimed a rather dubious account of meeting a descendant of Barnett's in a pub, complete with rather strange press cuttings , which considering the wrong Barnett was traced, would appear fiction on the authors part.
                    Its a shame also, that Hinton, [although to his credit admits it] traced the wrong Hutchinson, but ''From Hell'' gave us food for thought, and really asks a lot of questions about Hutchinson's motives.
                    I would like to see a book about Joseph Fleming be attempted, he is a very worthwhile candidate for the Killer, a lot of details would have to be discovered, eg, height, and certainty that he was a ex beau of Mary Kelly's, but if that could be ascertained, then we would have a suspect, that allegedly abused Kelly and showed jealous traits towards her, not to mention he was certified insane, and placed into a institution
                    I would suggest he is more plausible then Van Gogh, would you not agree, and I did not have to gaze upon a picture to form that opinion.
                    Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                      Ally:

You make a very valid point, it's true that your average Whitechapel citizen probably wouldn't have known who Van Gogh was - it's worthwhile remembering though that some of their only forms of entertainment were the likes of art and particularly theatre - surely Van Gogh's supposed entrances and exits of London on such a regular basis during that period of time on the dates that corresponded with the murders would not have gone completely unnoticed by everybody!? Nobody would have raised an eyebrow?

Adam.
                      Once again, Van Gogh was not famous during his life. He was no more than any other struggling, and failing, artist of which there were no doubt hundreds. How precisely would "the people of whitechapel" have had such great facial recognition of Van Gogh that they would have been able to spot and identify him instantly? From his self-portraits? Which basically could be any bearded red-headed man?

So yes, Van Gogh could no doubt have wandered through Whitechapel completely unnoticed by everybody. He wasn't famous. It wasn't like people had a photo they would studied all the time of him, and its doubtful that anyone from Whitechapel would have made the trek in to see an unknown, non-famous artist display his works when they were busy trying to put food on the table.

Of course, he wasn't Jack the Ripper. So all this is of little value when it comes to this theory. There are so many flaws in this theory already, we don't need to manufacture any more to call it balls.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                        Once again, Van Gogh was not famous during his life. He was no more than any other struggling, and failing, artist of which there were no doubt hundreds. How precisely would "the people of whitechapel" have had such great facial recognition of Van Gogh that they would have been able to spot and identify him instantly? From his self-portraits? Which basically could be any bearded red-headed man?

So yes, Van Gogh could no doubt have wandered through Whitechapel completely unnoticed by everybody. He wasn't famous. It wasn't like people had a photo they would studied all the time of him, and its doubtful that anyone from Whitechapel would have made the trek in to see an unknown, non-famous artist display his works when they were busy trying to put food on the table.

Of course, he wasn't Jack the Ripper. So all this is of little value when it comes to this theory. There are so many flaws in this theory already, we don't need to manufacture any more to call it balls.
                        Van Gogh wasn't considered a great artist at the time by many impressionists that lived in Paris.... but i tend to disagree, even so, much of his best work was before and after Paris.

he managed to display his work in Paris often, which is quite good and no mean feat, because i'm screwed if i can, you either have to wait a year to get wall space, buy wall space, join a gallery/studio and loose 40% comission, or be just extremely lucky....websites online are useless!

he was lucky, he was friends with all the great impressionists, so he was able to show his work off in the local Cafes where they all met, but he argued and fell out with quite a few of them, they didn't understand him, weren't sure of his painitings etc... plus he used to get pissed quite often!!!

art is the hardest thing to sell, it's a very tough life, you're constantly obsessed with it, especially experimenting/ changing style etc, and as an artist it's very easy to get hold of prostitutes/ models etc to pose for you, not that painting people interests me at all !

to display my art in a really good art exhibition in Brighton (the best) costs £1400 for 1m by 2m wall space, so it is rediculously expensive, i do the Winchester Art Market instead, plus a few local shows as well.

but i'm changing my style this year, i'm moving away from Abstract, because the Redknecks that live in Hampshire dont understand it, they prefer seeing painitings of the countryside etc.
                        Last edited by Malcolm X; 02-06-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                          I know I said I wouldn't, but I did view the videos and I have to say that, although I admire Dale's courage and his dignity in light of the criticism he is getting, the so called secrets hidden in the painting Irisis are just bonkers.

Okay I tried to resist but I can't. What exactly does he claim to see in Irises? I know that I should be forced to sit and watch the entire insanity myself if I want to know, but I just can't be arsed. Feel free to tell me that since you suffered it, I should too.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Worthwhile?

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                            Hi

'The simple truth' Bruce Paley, a fine case against a very plausible suspect.'
                            'From Hell' Bob Hinton, a excellent book with a twist that I never expected. and a suspect that has stood the test of time on Casebook.
                            Richard, is the Paley book about William Bury as suspect?

Secondly, the "From Hell" isn't the graphic novel that became the Johnny Depp movie is it?

Thanks. Just wondering if I should read either of these works?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                              Okay I tried to resist but I can't. What exactly does he claim to see in Irises? I know that I should be forced to sit and watch the entire insanity myself if I want to know, but I just can't be arsed. Feel free to tell me that since you suffered it, I should too.
                              He sees Mary Kelly face - mutilated. He sees dogs - spaniels from what I can gather and he sees doorknockers - the kind that have a lion's face with a knocker looped through the nose. It's the doorknockers that get me going. I'm mystified really.

Comment

Yesterday morning we saw the famous artists Gilbert & George walking down Brick Lane with a shovel we assumed they'd just acquired to clear the snow from the front of their Fournier Street home.

I now wonder if they could be the unknown local man and his accomplice, hiding in plain sight, fetching a shovel for darker purposes. Maybe someone ought to waste - er, spend - some time poring over their artwork for clues.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X