Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could tempt me with a chainsaw Dave.
    Mmm likewise...I have one of those too...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Hi,

I found that a very intruiging case, and slightly unsettling .... the footsteps in the snow coming, but not returning .....

Thanks.

Comment

• Bolo's case? Yes me too...

Cheers

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
          =Harry D;300928]Lighten up, Francis.
          This gentleman has obviously got some facts and evidence for us so we should treat it with respect why do people always mock the unknown.People laughed at the Wright brothers yet they flew people laughed when Kennedy said he would put a man on the moon before the decade was out.If someone told us in the 1970s that America would have a black president we would have laughed if people told us the Berlin wall would come down we would have laughed so why can't we accept a mentally ill painter who was quite handy with a knife been a serial killer.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Pinkmoon - but what facts and what evidence? Are some wild imaginings concealed in a painting evidence? The known facts about Van Gogh at this time are that he was in France and did not have the means to travel to London. He was practically starving and sold almost all of his paintings to buy more paint and bread. Furthermore, if he had wanted to kill and mutilate prostitutes, there was no shortage of them in France.

Also, your comparisons are sweeping generalisations. In 1960, my father told my sister and brother that he believed man would walk on the moon within ten years. On the very day that he was buried in July 1969, the moon landings occurred. Additionally, throughout the 1970s, it was taken fro granted by my circle of friends that America would have a black president (and even, God forbid, a WOMAN president) before we reached thirty years of age.

The only respect that this theory deserves is the dignity and persistence shown by its author in the face of much scorn.

Comment

• Swiss Cheese

My take on the supposed DNA match to Jack the Ripper in the news:

“Swiss cheese tastes good, but it has lots of holes and smells bad.”

I have no worries.

Vincent van Gogh was the man.

Thanks,
            Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
              I have no worries.

Vincent van Gogh was the man.

Thanks,
              Dale Larner
              Don't worry Dale, I'm sure that the public perception of your own theory won't be altered one jot by this supposed DNA evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                Don't worry Dale, I'm sure that the public perception of your own theory won't be altered one jot by this supposed DNA evidence.

Boy I wish people would stop making me spit drink all over me screen.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Just because Dale's floating around today spouting Vince = Jack, I wonder how his book's going. Post 1 Estimated release date July 2012.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    Just because Dale's floating around today spouting Vince = Jack, I wonder how his book's going. Post 1 Estimated release date July 2012.
                    The book is not yet available. Some roads are more difficult than others, but holding tight to the truth, I continue on my road undaunted.

Dale Larner

Comment

• When it is published I will buy a copy, Vincent alias Jack. I've always been interested in Vincent Van Gogh, who I think was a very talented individual.

Comment

• When is it right to denigrate a person who struggled, done well in his field and just tried to live as best he could. Cornwell and Larner are disgusting.The standards of proof in saying a guy is a murderer is high. It's not just some shallow speculation.
                        Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                        M. Pacana

Comment

• I think that Hinterkaifeck would be a great murder to begin investigating once it's decided that Vincent is JTR. It's a fascinating, half-forgotten case with some nightmarish elements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Varqm View Post
                            When is it right to denigrate a person who struggled, done well in his field and just tried to live as best he could. Cornwell and Larner are disgusting.The standards of proof in saying a guy is a murderer is high. It's not just some shallow speculation.
                            I agree with you Varqm but of course there are others who have named suspects with nothing but shallow speculation.

Cheers John

Comment

• Yes it is shocking to base a suspect on nothing but shallow speculation, with no real evidence. It lowers the tone of the casebook. Two many crackpot theories don't add to the credibility of the casebook.

Miss Marple

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
                                The book is not yet available. Some roads are more difficult than others, but holding tight to the truth, I continue on my road undaunted.

Dale Larner
                                Is this Larner-speak for being told by more than a few *potential* publishers to take your sad book and shove it?

G
                                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Working...
                                X